TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Well it was quiet at the park today, which made thing relatively easy. Were were able to ride all the open adult coasters once except Mine Ride (didnt try to), and MF, GateKeeper and Valravn twice. Kids rode Tiki Twirl, Troika and maXair. Another day, another "hopefully tomorrow" for TTD.

Heres a pic of socially distanced MF.

20200716_114528.thumb.jpg.399b96fe58ab386c566f2a83ec3eb50c.jpg

I'm seeing possibly Saturday for TTD on reddit. Sounds like you guys had a good day and it's calmed down a bit. Nice.

Definitely, longest wait was when it started raining as we buckled into Maverick, or when we did standby on MF.

Which reminds me to say... your best bet is staying on site if you can. We were in line for SV passes by 1015 from the resort gate. Got those within 30 seconds of distribution starting and went right to Maverick's pass line. Three minutes later we were on our way to MF. Got 12-1 passes for all three and hopped right in the standby line for MF after grabbing our passes. There was no line for MF passes either. We ended up not using the MF passes until 715 or so and by then it was almost a walk on.

I'm seeing possibly Saturday for TTD on reddit. Sounds like you guys had a good day and it's calmed down a bit. Nice.

Definitely, longest wait was when it started raining as we buckled into Maverick, or when we did standby on MF.

Which reminds me to say... your best bet is staying on site if you can. We were in line for SV passes by 1015 from the resort gate. Got those within 30 seconds of distribution starting and went right to Maverick's pass line. Three minutes later we were on our way to MF. Got 12-1 passes for all three and hopped right in the standby line for MF after grabbing our passes. There was no line for MF passes either. We ended up not using the MF passes until 715 or so and by then it was almost a walk on.

So are they just basically opening the resort gate for all hotel guests at about 10? I noticed it did not have us choose a park arrival time when I made the hotel reservation.

So are they just basically opening the resort gate for all hotel guests at about 10? I noticed it did not have us choose a park arrival time when I made the hotel reservation.

Yes. I verified everything and got my parking pass at the front desk at Express. Your wristband is part of it I guess. No health screening at the resort gate because its done at the hotel.

Perfect! Thanks for the clarification. I kind of figured that was the case but nice to get the confirmation before we go. We will be there in two weeks.

I'm glad they are still advertising haunt. We go to a different park for the Halloween event every year the first weekend in Oct. This year the plan was CP but of course I've been waiting to see what all the parks are doing about their events. I know it was still listed on the website.

I'm here now. Was running this morning mad I didn't know so didn't get an access pass. Was gonna try at 330 when they give them out again but says down on my app. I've been watching while waiting in SV line and don't see any action

That’s the Dragster we all know and love! Yeah, timed access passes for that thing are going to be a hilarious disaster since for most of those windows the thing won’t be running anyway, then when it is it’ll have a huge line.

Edited by coasterbill

TDD started running again so I walked over. Even though it was down at the 330 access pass time, they still gave them out. So I missed out entirely this trip. I've been at the beach since 6pm and notice it hasn't been running so back down again. Got to ride SV 3 times this trip, waiting only 30 minutes each time, so I'm happy for that.

While it is a better ride in the back than the front (dat airtime), I stand by my original assessment - underwhelming.

I guess I have the exact opposite opinion - Overwhelming. It consists almost entirely of hery-jerky bucking bronco intensity. It's so much that it's not very fun for us.

I decided to find a shady bench to lay down on until 3:50.

At first, I thought you were really weird for doing this. Then, I remembered passing out for 30 minutes, high school face-down-on-desk style at Hershey, while Emily sat and played on her phone.

my first trip ever to the Thirsty Pony. Wow. Awesome place, reasonable prices, DELICIOUS food

It's a gem, isn't it? I even got to watch some shady drug deals in the parking lot for entertainment. God I love that place...

Questions for the people that have been to Cedar Point this season. Some of this info is public, but I'd like to get the views of people who have been in the park.

1. What is up with these timed passes? If you don't get one will you be denied access for the entire day? Or is there a standby line?

2. What are the co-vid19 measures like? Are people following them? Is the park enforcing them?

3. How are the wait times?

I am planning a trip in a few weeks. Went to Hershey Park and thought they did a great job. This has me open to trying other big parks like Cedar Point.

1. Currently not doing any sort of stand by. Might change. KI runs a stand-by line now some times for Orion.

2. Video explains. Most people do a fairly good job.

3. Wait times can be brutal depending on the day. 30-60 minutes for coasters without a pass. With a pass? Could be a walk on or hour and a half. Just depends.

If a ride req'ing a pass is down during your ticket hour, you can go back at 7 and ride last hour.

No shame in an afternoon nap. 100 degree weather at Holiday World...no shame that I got in the Voyage queue and then went for a nap in the car.

While it is a better ride in the back than the front (dat airtime), I stand by my original assessment - underwhelming.

I guess I have the exact opposite opinion - Overwhelming. It consists almost entirely of hery-jerky bucking bronco intensity. It's so much that it's not very fun for us.

Have you been on Twisted Timbers at Kings Dominion? That ride gives that exact feeling you describe...I didn't get very much of that on SV at all.

my first trip ever to the Thirsty Pony. Wow. Awesome place, reasonable prices, DELICIOUS food

It's a gem, isn't it? I even got to watch some shady drug deals in the parking lot for entertainment. God I love that place...

Yeah, it was awesome. I wish I had gone there my first night and didn't need to duck out early on my third night to hit the road early.

Questions for the people that have been to Cedar Point this season. Some of this info is public, but I'd like to get the views of people who have been in the park.

1. What is up with these timed passes? If you don't get one will you be denied access for the entire day? Or is there a standby line?

2. What are the co-vid19 measures like? Are people following them? Is the park enforcing them?

I am planning a trip in a few weeks. Went to Hershey Park and thought they did a great job. This has me open to trying other big parks like Cedar Point.

My report, posted within the past few pages, answers every one of your questions in detail.

No standby except the first hour for 100 riders. I went before TTD opened so my strategy was different. Stay on site, enter through the resort gate at 10am and wait in SV's access pass line. Get it and go right in Maverick's access pass line. Now that TTD is open, id go there next get my pass and then MF for pass followed by a standby ride.

There were some chin strappers, a few nosers, and some people just ignorantly removing them. If an employee sees it, theyll tell you to fix it. Lines are spaced out well, just a few spots with big gaps that can confuse, particularly on Valravn's queue.

We went on a Thursday and didnt wait in any line long enough for me to even look at how long it was. We had to wait for SV to transfer on the third train, about 30 mins for 1st hour MF standby and for a passing shower on Maverick, those were our longest waits. GateKeeper is full capacity and was mostly walk on all day.

I

Have you been on Twisted Timbers at Kings Dominion? That ride gives that exact feeling you describe...I didn't get very much of that on SV at all.

I agree with very little of what you've posted in the past several weeks.

but I agree with this 100%

I rode Twisted Timbers ONCE. . and absolutely hated it (I'm just not a fan of ejector air).

I even elected not to ride it, and was "bag holder" for the group while they went on evening ERT back in 2018.

I went ahead and booked a Cedar Point trip for late August and now I have some questions after seeing all the reports about the access passes and return times for coasters. Is the park still offering Fast Lane and Fast Lane Plus? I went on their website and it just says "not available" next to the Fast Lane options. If so, and if FL and FL+ can be purchased in the park, does this supercede the access passes or not? For example, would there just be a dedicated FL queue per usual and you wait in it, or would I still need to get the access pass with return time and return at that time and enter the FL queue?

Also, is the access pass system at all rides and does it ever stop? For example, if the park were at low capacity, would they just go ahead and open the queues up and cease access passes until a certain attendance threshold is met? Or, say there's only a handful of riders at Rougarou (per usual), but a crap ton at Millennium Force, would MF require the access passes and Rougarou not?

I'm glad to hear that Melt is open since I ate there last year and it was basically heaven on a grilled cheese sandwich. Last, and most important question- is the bar at Chickie's and Pete's open/is it still possible to get mixed drinks and/or beer in the park?

Thanks!

As of this posting, you cannot buy a new FL/FL+ for Cedar Point, either at the park or online. However, if you have previously purchased it, you can still exchange the voucher at the park for a wristband. By late August, that may change, as it did at Kings Island (originally were not selling any new Fast Lanes, then started selling three versions: daily FL+, KI-only all-season FL+, and all-park/all-season FL+, subsequently stopping the sales of both all-season options). I'm hoping your hotel is refundable, since CP hasn't even mapped out past the first week of August on their reservation system, indicating that things may change and they may not be open then.

Fast Lane/+ users (that is, those that have purchased it pre-Corona) bypass the entire "access pass" process. It works like any day in the normal season...just walk up to the FL entrance, show/scan your wristband, and then proceed to the merge point, no access pass needed.

Access Passes are used on four rides: Steel Vengeance, Maverick, Millennium Force, and Top Thrill Dragster. That's it. I imagine if the park had a super-low-crowd expected day (i.e., it was forecast to downpour the entire day and reservations were showing like less than 2,000 expected), they may bypass the access pass system entirely, but who knows - they haven't had any of those days yet. To make the system fair and give everyone advance notice, they're trying to do things the same way every day - access passes get handed out in two bunches at 11:00 (for ride times through 4:00) and 3:30 (for ride times after 4:00), no matter what the crowds are like. I don't see them messing with that system too much.

They do let about an hours-worth of people into the standby line before access passes are distributed at 11:00, and I'd imagine at the end of the day if there was no one left from the last access pass group in the queue, they'd allow people that didn't have passes in, but I can't say for certain.

It is still possible to get both mixed drinks and beer at the alcohol-serving establishments that are open, including Melt and the Trail Tavern (the two that I drank at). I also saw some of the beer-selling kiosks open. I didn't set foot in Chickie and Pete's so I'm not sure if it was open or not, but it appeared to be. You couldn't sit at the bar in any where that was open, but you could walk up to the bar, order a drink, and take it with you throughout the park. Note that probably 60% of food serving establishments were not open.

^Thanks so much for the info, that really helps a lot! As of right now we're crossing our fingers, as the park at least has posted hours despite not having entry times available for the dates we're going yet. I really, really hope that they start offering FL and FL+ again. We do have flights without change fees and refundable hotel and rental car in case we have to put off the entire trip, but we're hoping that isn't the case.