p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

chiming in as well.

it BARELY makes my top 5:

MF

Maverick

TTD

Gemini

SV

I went way back on Windseeker's opening year so obviously no Gatekeeper, Valravn, or Steel Vengeance. Obviously beforehand I heard a lot about Millenium Force, Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster, Raptor, and Magnum and knew about the other coasters but I was really surprised how much I enjoyed Gemini. It was a fun racer and one of the few out of the bigger names we re-rode. Disaster Transport wasn't as boring as we expected either but not fun enough to warrant a re-ride.

...He said Dragster wasn't down due to the wind, but for mechanical reasons. He added that it could be down for a while still...

For what it's worth there has been an email circulating around social media from the park, when a guest asked why TTD was closed. The park said that they are still working with the state to get the ride inspected, and allowed to open. However, due to Covid the process is taking longer than usual.

Take that as you will, I'm just trying to provide some insight on what I've seen circulating!

Also, unpopular opinion: Steel Vengance isn't the best coaster at this park. Or even in the top 3. Fight me.

No need to fight you. You are 100% correct!

I hope Cedar Point can finally get their staffing issues under control next year once Orange ****** is gone. I couldn't believe how awful staffing was in 2018, FAR worse than I had ever seen in previous years, all because getting international workers is a pain now.

I have not been on Valravn but Gatekeeper does have a worse rattle than diamondback and banshee, I agree. But they all have some.

Do you think the rattle is a manufacturer issue and not a park issue, as some suggest?

For reference I have not been to either park since 2015. Rougaru was kinda nasty with the rattle too, so in this instance I think it has to be the park.

Day 3 at the park today. Had Fast Lane. SV x 8, Maverick x 15, MF and Magnum x 6, Iron Dragon x 1 (wife needed the credit), and the Giant Wheel. Every ride was a walk-on. Only twice did I see another person behind me in the FL line.

Tried twice to ride the train but that is quite the time commitment now. They spend 10-15 minutes unloading row by row and then cleaning the whole train. Missed getting on by 1 group the first time. Second time one other group was ahead of us when they closed the gate, again.

Backbeat and Chick fil A were both good.

Was Fastlane available to buy the day of or in advance? We have season fast lane but only at great America. Looking to make a trip out to Ohio but only if we can get Fastlane.

...He said Dragster wasn't down due to the wind, but for mechanical reasons. He added that it could be down for a while still...

For what it's worth there has been an email circulating around social media from the park, when a guest asked why TTD was closed. The park said that they are still working with the state to get the ride inspected, and allowed to open. However, due to Covid the process is taking longer than usual.

Take that as you will, I'm just trying to provide some insight on what I've seen circulating!

Not sure I fully believe their answer. I was there opening day and they had all trains ready to go with a full staff out on the platform. They did several test runs, but somewhere around 11 am - 12 noon there seemed to be issues with dispatching. Everything would be cleared for dispatch, the train would move out of the station a few inches and the ride would error stopping the train. Ride Operators and Maintenance looked extremely frustrated. I watched this process repeat itself about 5 times before I moved onto the next ride.

The next day (Friday) is when the actual "this ride will not be operating today" sign was placed at the entrance and had all trains parked on the transfer track.

Based off of my observation, seems more maintenance related but hey, I'm no state inspector and am not sure what safety tests/inspections need to happen.

Fast Lane is NOT for sale on CP's website/app or in person at this time. However, if you really feel like splurging, you can buy the "All-Season, All-Parks" Fast Lane for $850 from Kings Island's site and it'll be valid at CP. Not sure if you'd need to go to KI first to "activate" it or not.

Also, unpopular opinion: Steel Vengance isn't the best coaster at this park. Or even in the top 3. Fight me.

While this may be an "unpopular" opinion in the enthusiast world, I actually agree with you.

Honestly, I wouldn't even put it as a top 3 RMC that I have ridden if I were to actually sit down and think out rankings.

Ooooh CP coaster ranks huh? I'm game.

1) Maverick [front row]

2) Steel Vag [front row]

3) Millennium [front or back]

4) Dragster [front row]

5) Raptor [back row]

6) Valravn [back row]

7) Magnum [back row]

8) Gemini [back row]

9) Wicked Twister [back row]

10) Gatekeeper [front row]

(big drop off here)

11) Blue Streak

12) Iron Dragon

13) Rougarou

14) Mine Ride

15) Corkscrew

^To be fair... I also dislike Magnum unless I am in row 2 and using the seatbelt trick. I have been very vocal in the past I wouldn't be upset at all if Magnum received updated trains or was removed and replaced altogether. My "top 3" at CP in no particular order would be MF, Maverick (post soft vest conversion) and Raptor.

^To be fair... I also dislike Magnum unless I am in row 2 and using the seatbelt trick. I have been very vocal in the past I wouldn't be upset at all if Magnum received updated trains or was removed and replaced altogether. My "top 3" at CP in no particular order would be MF, Maverick (post soft vest conversion) and Raptor.

You don't have to ride Steel Dragon to know that some B&M trains would be incredible. Toss aside the reason for more comfortable lap bars, the exposed open air trains would be the best.

The seat belt trick hasn't really worked for me, I have had equally painful and pleasant rides in the front and back. I just enjoy the back more on Magnum!

Ooooh CP coaster ranks huh? I'm game.

I'll play just because I'm bored.... Raptor is my favorite invert, and Magnum has a bit of nostalgia and is still really fun.

1) Maverick

2) Steel Vag

3) Raptor

4) Dragster

5) Magnum

6) Millennium

7) Valravn

8) Rogarou

9) Gatekeeper

10) Wicked Twister

11) Iron Dragon

12) Gemini

13) Blue Streak

14) Mine Ride

15) Corkscrew

Maverick and Millennium Force are my two favorites. I can't decide which I like better. I like TTD and Valravn somewhere after that. I guess if I had to try to rank things, Steel Vengeance would be #5?

I don't usually rank coasters, but I'd have to say:

Millennium Force (Tied)

Maverick (Tied)

Valravn

Top Thrill Dragster

Steel Vengeance (for a few rides only)

Gatekeeper

Everything else

Ooo here’s mine!

1. Steel Vengeance (goes between this or X2 for my favorite coaster)

2. Raptor (I have an addiction to this coaster)

3. Maverick (the iMac of roller coasters)

4. Top Thrill Dragster (launch is insane)

5. Magnum XL-200 (all hail the Death Run)

6. Millennium Force (yeah I said it)

7. Rougarou (most underrated coaster I’ve ridden)

8. Valravn (snoozefest)

9. GateKeeper (snoozefest AND surprisingly rough)

10. Wicked Twister (lots of fun around here)

11. Blue Streak (solid classic woodie)

12. Gemini (not intense at all, but good fun when racing)

13. Iron Dragon (“Hey honey, I fell asleep because I couldn’t feel a single force.”)

14. Cedar Creek Mine Ride (I get the worst staple every time I ride)

15. Corkscrew (would love to see a retrack with new trains)

Hmm...I am sure to cause some controversy, but here's my list purely based on re-rideability:

1) Steel Vengeance

2) Millenium Force

3) Dragster

4) Gemini (it's just fun!)

5) Valravn

6) Mine Ride

7) Gatekeeper

8) Maverick (sue me)

9) Corkscrew

10) Wicked Twister

11) Blue Streak

12) Corkscrew