TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'd stay somewhere cheap a couple hours from KI. Finish up the drive the next morning. I wouldn't want to pay Breakers price and get there so late.

Haha Breakers is a "couple of hours from KI."

I'd stay somewhere cheap a couple hours from KI. Finish up the drive the next morning. I wouldn't want to pay Breakers price and get there so late.

Well for just a 3 hour or so drive I would either drive on in or just stay at our hotel at KI, wouldn't be worth it to me to drive part way on such a short drive. I know it seems a little silly to get to CP at 10:30 at night but we would be settled and can sleep in the next morning, versus just sitting around a generic hotel room after we are done at KI. I mean I've done HW in one day before and that's 6 hours round trip.

With Kings Island reportedly opening up second reservations to passholders on Monday, it’ll be interesting to see if Cedar Point will allow people to reserve two days at a time. While CP has a ton of passholders, it’s also more of a destination park, so I’d love to have the option.

With Kings Island reportedly opening up second reservations to passholders on Monday, it’ll be interesting to see if Cedar Point will allow people to reserve two days at a time. While CP has a ton of passholders, it’s also more of a destination park, so I’d love to have the option.

Id just like to know if all the coasters will be open.

Here's a thought: will the stand by Vengeance queue actually move faster this year? Half as many riders and no fast lane should be a wash, but they may be able to dispatch more quickly with so few riders on the train.

I know it seems a little silly to get to CP at 10:30 at night but we would be settled and can sleep in the next morning, versus just sitting around a generic hotel room after we are done at KI.

I like your plan. I also think that sometimes it's worth it to spend a little more money for convenience. I'm glad you guys are getting to take your trip this year.

I visited Cedar Point for my first and only time in June 2014. It was amazing and the roller coasters really lived up to their name.

I really want to return next year but there is one thing that is holding me back.

The bugs. They were unbearable while I was there. I almost never see people complain about them and it makes me think maybe im just sensitive? Whether that is true or not, how do people deal with the bugs shooting at their face on the rides, especially around dusk?

Also, I wear glasses now and I didnt before so maybe wearing those on the ride?

p.s. this is my first post since 2015! It took taking theme parks away to make me remember how much I missed them lol. I havnt rode a roller coaster in 5 years!

I visited Cedar Point for my first and only time in June 2014. It was amazing and the roller coasters really lived up to their name.

I really want to return next year but there is one thing that is holding me back.

The bugs. They were unbearable while I was there. I almost never see people complain about them and it makes me think maybe im just sensitive? Whether that is true or not, how do people deal with the bugs shooting at their face on the rides, especially around dusk?

p.s. this is my first post since 2015! It took taking theme parks away to make me remember how much I missed them lol. I havnt rode a roller coaster in 5 years!

We've gone the last couple of seasons on the first week of 10-10 operations in early June. Any later than that is mayfly season, which is bad. For the rest of the season, you still catch some gnats on rides like Millennium Force, but it's tolerable.

We've gone the last couple of seasons on the first week of 10-10 operations in early June. Any later than that is mayfly season, which is bad. For the rest of the season, you still catch some gnats on rides like Millennium Force, but it's tolerable.

^ this. I live on the other end of Lake Erie and theyre really bad right now. Theyll be gone in the next week or so.

The CP sandflies, Mayflies or Muffleheads are an Ohio treasure! Eat up and enjoy! They are a part of the CP experience, for better or worse. I can't tell you how many times I had one smash in an eye on rides at night. They'd find ways into your underwear and between your toes if you went in sandals. Open your mouth on a coaster at night? A still buzzing Mufflehead would crash into the back of your throat.

When I worked at the park in the early 90s (Blue Streak manual operation with 1,250 riders per hour!) I got to know those flies well. They were everywhere. The Dodgem had these giant plastic letter boxes D-O-D-G-E-M that were backlit; they will fill about 1/3 of the way with dead Muffleheads. They'd have to remove the letters and dump the bugs.

The Cedars dorms had these old-fashioned breezeways between buildings and people were afraid to go through them as they were crawling with giant spiders. Crews would spray them all out every couple weeks just to try to cut down on the spiders. They were so big you could see your reflection in all their eyes. We used to joke they were monster size due to all the Muffleheads available to feast on.

When Magnum was being planned, they drew special attention to the windshields being designed into the trains to help keep those bugs out of people's faces. It helps - a little - and now we have those awesome and strange retro/future funky train fronts.

The park was selling shirts with a huge cartoon Mufflehead one year. Can't find any pictures of that. Must have been limited edition.

I know it seems a little silly to get to CP at 10:30 at night but we would be settled and can sleep in the next morning, versus just sitting around a generic hotel room after we are done at KI.

I like your plan. I also think that sometimes it's worth it to spend a little more money for convenience. I'm glad you guys are getting to take your trip this year.

IF you are living within your means it is TOTALLY worth it, in my opinion. It's a small trip and there won't be a true family vacation this year....but I guess I will take it. Shrug.

Like Prozach said, it was the Mayflies. They come out from the bottom of the lake which is totally gross. Despite their name June is when they are at the worst. I try to avoid June now, not like it ever gets that hot up there anyway. And brushing Mayflies out of your hair. Grossest. Thing. Ever.