TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^Oh, I totally get that. I'm thinking more for the locals. Once again, we've been preparing and telling ourselves to assume no international travel for all of 2020 and maybe just one trip outside of Florida. Everything else we will consider a bonus. It sucks, but hopefully next year will be better.

I have no faith though.

Exactly, low expectations, hope for pleasant surprises and flexibility are the name of the game

I totally misread the vibe from your previous message then. I was preparing myself for the copious amounts of Karens lined up at Guest Services and commenting away on Facebook spewing ignorance and anger cause not every single ride, shop and food stand was open and operating at peak capacity.

I do expect a very nice selection of food trucks again this summer.

^Oh, I totally get that. I'm thinking more for the locals. Once again, we've been preparing and telling ourselves to assume no international travel for all of 2020 and maybe just one trip outside of Florida. Everything else we will consider a bonus. It sucks, but hopefully next year will be better.

Agreed. I've basically given up on Carowinds at this point and will likely only do Dollywood this year. Unless something more interesting comes up...

That being said, now that Cedar Point is opening, I'm actually considering it, as I've never been there (ironically), and an Autumn season day might make for a not-awful experience despite the circumstances.

Edited by A.J.

I'm guessing Cedar Point won't be having many international youth working there this summer. If my teenager wanted to work at a park this summer, I would have serious reservations myself. I kind of expect the ex to put the kibosh on our SFOG trip this month. Not sure I'll fight it if she does. We've already spent two days at SFOG at Christmas on our $59.99 2020 Gold passes, so not like that's a big loss if we don't make it an SF park this year.

The more I think about it, for CF parks I may just hope for a few days at Carowinds and KD this year. My pass is good for all of next year, so anything I do this year is just gravy.

I get the concern, my son works as a ride ops at SFSTL and will be going back to resume training next week. However, I really don't think it will be any more dangerous than school in August. No matter what recommendations they make, schools cannot social distance the way the cdc wants, most teens won't do it anyway, and we cannot keep them locked up forever.

We are discussing a HW,KI, CP run in July which would only be a week or two into KI and CP opening but we are prepared for whatever we get as far as operations. We MAY wait on CP and go for Halloweekends (at the moment they are still advertising it) Also trying to reschedule our cancelled spring break Texas trip. Our biggest obstacle at this point is just running out of time before school starts and since SFSTL is having a shortened season there are only so many days my son can ask off for.

Unless I can't get reservations, I'll be there when they open for a few days. It could be a great time to be at the park with lower capacity and people deciding to stay away. It could be a shit show. I'm up for either and will have good time. May skip out on Saturday and run over to Kennywood for their opening day.

I would much rather have a day at cedar point then a day at work. I will go have fun enjoy it and make the most out of whatever is going on.

Some people just need to take a step back and realize that there is more than Roller Coasters.

^ Hmmm. With everybody wearing deodorant and perfumes, and probably not wearing anything that's actually odorless, maybe the 6 feet apart thing should be a permanent thing? Especially on those hot days, hmm?

Just a wee suggestion.

^ Hmmm. With everybody wearing deodorant and perfumes, and probably not wearing anything that's actually odorless, maybe the 6 feet apart thing should be a permanent thing? Especially on those hot days, hmm?

Just a wee suggestion.

Certain coaster enthusiasts won't have any trouble keeping people six feet away from them.

Well, given how KI was only allowing Platinum Pass holders to reserve one day in advance, making multi-day trips impossible to plan, I went ahead and booked 3 nights at Express (there's no way I was spending the $275 a night at Breakers when I'm use to less than $75 a night for the motels I typically stay in). We'll see how that goes.

I didn't even bother trying; actually I wasn't even aware that there was one. I booked through Hotels.com to earn my rewards nights.

Operating schedule has been released. Open 11am to 8pm every day July 9 through September 7. No dates on the schedule after Labor Day yet.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/explore/cedar-point-calendar-and-hours

Makes sense... they're probably holding out hope that they can salvage Halloweekends. If they still have to severely limit crowds by then it may be better to just open the park as normal without the added expense of haunt mazes that won't be able to increase the number of guests in the park anyway. In that case I expect them to throw up some pumpkins for 2 months, close at 7pm and call it a season.

The only other option would be a crazy, drastic change like closing the park around 4:30 or 5:00 and doing a hard ticket event. In the past I didn't think they had the infrastructure to support it but they've upgraded their infrastructure and they would need to cap attendance. Maybe this is the year they go for it?

Edited by coasterbill

Any word on if Platinum holders can get multiple day reservations yet or should I bite the express bullet to guarantee a second day? OR should I do that anyways as now both times I have looked at CP hotel deals it's either too expensive or just bad review.

If it's anything like how WoF and KI is doing things, no you will not. You can only have one reservation active in the system at a time. I saw the same and booked 3 nights at Express for a reasonable price.

On a side note, it appears (based on the FAQ page), that Cedar Point has followed KI's lead into a smoke-free entire park, with the only designated smoking area being "outside the main gate." That would suck if you're in the back half of the park. Eeesh...good thing I'm in the process of quitting.

So, I think we are going to try and go for a couple days in late July. We have platinum passes but I have no problem booking at the Breakers. Not sure though which nights to book. If we want to go to the park on a Thursday/Friday do we book for Thursday and Friday night or Wed and Thurs night? Will probably give them a call to clarify. Or just book three nights and be safe.