TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^^Hopefully they open up reservations for platinum pass holders first.

This verbiage from CP's site doesn't seem to differentiate, though: "In a few weeks prior to park opening, 2020 Cedar Point Season, Gold or Platinum Passholders will receive an invitation to make reservations first, followed by guests who have pre-purchased day tickets."

I never thought about how wing coasters like GateKeeper, X2, etc. are perfect for social distancing. I can't see a reason why they wouldn't want to fill every row, except for grouping singles together.

Yeah, GateKeeper's ridership numbers this season will blow every other ride at the park out of the water... but it usually kind of does anyway, right?!

Noticed this on the Steel Vengeance page on Cedar Point’s website:

Unsecured articles must be left with a non-rider or placed in a locker near the ride entrance. Riders must go through metal detectors prior to entering the ride line, and any identified small loose articles must be secured in a locker or left with a non-rider prior to entering the line.

Sounds like Steel Vengeance might be going back to the no phones in line policy for now. Understandable if you ask me, using the pouches to store items may not be most sanitary option given the current circumstances.

Bins can’t be any safer either...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo are not any more safe either but they make more of a profit lol

Unless they’re planning on sanitizing after each use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booked 2 nights at Express for opening week. Hoping they have full ops, if not might reschedule for late August. Would normally stay off site but if im driving 4 hours I need guaranteed entry.

Yeah, nothing is expected and nothing im not prepared to deal with. Its basically our best chance with my sons baseball starting back up, work, birthdays and a week in Myrtle Beach in August. If its not looking good ill just push it to the week before Labor Day.

No I totally feel you.

We have no active plans to go but if we're pleasantly surprised by their operations and if there's some kind of virtual queue for Maverick and Vengeance we might go later this year.

I have no faith though.

I'm guessing Cedar Point won't be having many international youth working there this summer. If my teenager wanted to work at a park this summer, I would have serious reservations myself. I kind of expect the ex to put the kibosh on our SFOG trip this month. Not sure I'll fight it if she does. We've already spent two days at SFOG at Christmas on our $59.99 2020 Gold passes, so not like that's a big loss if we don't make it an SF park this year.

The more I think about it, for CF parks I may just hope for a few days at Carowinds and KD this year. My pass is good for all of next year, so anything I do this year is just gravy.

^ Absolutely! But with a four hour drive, 3 nights hotel and 2 days of tickets (tix purchased in December), if getting the most out of it means waiting until August then thats fine with me too. We did a day trip last year and missed out on a lot due to weather, mechanical issues and kids just under the height requirements. Both are over 52 inches this year and one is pushing 54 so almost everything will be available this go round pending operational availability