TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

A teaser sign at the construction site reads "Ya'll up for some serious sidewindin'?" -- adding some creditability to the rumors that the new roller coaster will have a western theme and possibly be called Maverick.

Cedar Point was originally trying to hide this track under blue tarps. Seems they have given up on that as the tarps have been removed.

So don't be so rude about other peoples beliefs and then do pretty much the same thing. Making a conclusion without GOOD evidence.

I have yet to find people providing evidence other than "Oh, that looks like an inline twist".

As opposed to, say, me, who researched into it and found OTHER solutions than what it initially looked like.

I back my claims up, don't accuse me of not doing so.

You backed up your claims just like all the others before you.

Show a piece of track on the site and compare it to another that is on an operating coaster.

So whether you believe so or not you are being a hypocrite!

I wasn't accusing you of not backing up your claims, but not having sufficient evidence instead.

^^^I see you haven't been reading this thread. But hey, at least you aren't arguing over layout when there is no physical way to prove anything at all.

^^Not all of the track has arrived, so just stop arguing when it makes no sense. Believe what you want to believe and let other's do the same. Honestly, does it have to go either way? They haven't even announced the friggin thing yet...

Does it really matter that much, that you have to argue over something so insignificant and unknown? You can guess, but you have no substantial PROOF until the layout is released.

I am just aggravated over people making stupid comets about what the ride WILL do when they have absolutely no clue. I don't care if people make an assumption of what it might do. It just drives ma crazy when people think that they a 100% correct, with no sufficient evidence, and they don't care about what other people think will happen.

There have been other full track twists. I don't know the difference between Incline twists and heartline twists, they feel the same to me, but Storm Runner has a box track twist. http://rcofw.free.fr/photo/228/big/1.jpg

But since the track on-site is twisted like that, it does look like it could have a triangle track twist.

This thread is just going around and around in circles now. The more I read it, the more things are just being repeated now..lol

Perhaps just wait until the announcement and just post links on the pic-updates of new track and supports arriving. We are already at about 70 pages for crying out loud..lol

^ Yeah, that's what I thought.

I'm just gonna keep watching this thread, I like to see people post ideas and other people telling them "No, we already know it WILL have...".

And then all of them being proven wrong at it's announcement!!

^^^Not true. Inline twists are where the car moves around the track, and heartline rolls are where the track moves around the car.

In-Line:

http://rcdb.com/ig3305.htm?picture=63

Heartline:

http://rcdb.com/ig1412.htm?picture=19

inline twist = heartline roll

same thing different name.

Nope.

A heartline twist has its name for a reason. Using the CAD programs, some guy (who also created the tear drop loop) pin pointed the middle of the train, where the hearts on average people are. Then he designed the track to rotate around the heart, so it would still travel in a, somewhat, straight line. The in-line twist is there the heart goes around the track.

There's your history lesson for the day.

^LMAO!

This is getting fun to watch, we are so off topic!

Anyways, about the CP coaster, Im still hoping Wing "Wind" walker, and agree that if the translation really is "Wind" then it is most likely a Wing Walker because one of the clues mentioned wind....

-Justin "All that blabbing was just to say LMAO at jarmor, the rest is just to follow the rules of "adding to the topic" lol" Seabaugh