TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

It seems like the big news out of Winter Chill Out is changes to Early Entry, not all of which are finalized but it does seem like Steel Vengeance will only be available for Early Entry on Saturday and Sunday.

This was the unofficial / official policy for a good chunk of last year anyway but I’m still a little surprised.

At least it's posted now. I am interested if this means the ride will open at official park opening or if it will have a delayed opening until noon like it did throughout last year.

Wow, there are some big early entry changes there. Mainly that Raptor is back every day which is fantastic, Magnum is available on weekdays, Vengeance is available on weekends only and Gold pass holders can't ride Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Magnum or Skyhawk (So I imagine they'll just have people checking passes somewhere around the back Sky Ride station / Corkscrew / Luminosity midways.

Also, the park will open to all guests at 9AM from all gates in the front of the park but people without Platinum or Gold passes won't be able to ride anything.

Interesting...

Edited by coasterbill

This looked interesting: "Due to a private event, Steel Vengeance and Maverick will not be available for Early Entry on Saturday, June 6 and will open at 10:00 a.m."

SV and Maverick are going to be running later than everything else for Coastermania on the 5th?

This looked interesting: "Due to a private event, Steel Vengeance and Maverick will not be available for Early Entry on Saturday, June 6 and will open at 10:00 a.m."

SV and Maverick are going to be running later than everything else for Coastermania on the 5th?

As far as I can tell, the 2020 CoasterMania ERT schedule isn't out yet. This could mean those two rides are part of the morning ERT.

you get early entry with Hotel Breakers.

and yes, worth every penny to be steps away from your hotel room.

(I'd recommend Melt! for lunch, pop back to the room to put leftovers in the fridge (you WILL have leftovers), then back to the park)

^ What he said. And "if you only had the extra time..." there's Famous Dave's BBQ

on the marina dock, walking distance from the Harbor/Marina Gate in the park.

IMG_3969.JPG.1e3bd00c97c2e523cc97a6bef348787d.JPG

June 4, 2017.

Thanks y'all! Booked my flight (great deal) and my room yesterday. Now I'm wondering if I should've waited on the room with all the beer virus scare. Maybe could've gotten a better deal.

Def gotta add on FP, ya think they will have a sale on these around Memorial Day?

And taking time for that BBQ joint and Melt fo sho.

Thanks y'all! Booked my flight (great deal) and my room yesterday. Now I'm wondering if I should've waited on the room with all the beer virus scare. Maybe could've gotten a better deal.

Def gotta add on FP, ya think they will have a sale on these around Memorial Day?

From this point forward, Fast Lane will be what it is. Don't expect any discounts.

From this point forward, Fast Lane will be what it is. Don't expect any discounts.

Only discounts you can expect on FL+ at this point (who knows if things will change due to strange circumstances in 2020) is the in-park Platinum Pass discount. Which is FL+ for the price of FL, but this is an in park purchase only deal and not available if you pre-purchase online.

• 3 weeks later...

Cedar Point is going to be an interesting case this season. I feel like for most parks, this will blow over and the season will eventually get underway in a semi-normal fashion but how in the hell are they going to staff this place now with probably no international help and with the need to bring in people from all over the country in a short period of time?

The Friday night Halloweekends ride lineup should be poppin'

Edited by coasterbill

Why is Six Flags the default diss? Six Flags is much better at running parks with no staff than Cedar Fair. I'm not concerned about them at all. I swear, Great Adventure can open on a random October Thursday night for no reason and run every single stupid ride including both sides of the Skyway when the crowds don't justify it at all with a total staff of (slight exaggeration) six employees. It's like magic. I think they have Ooma Loompas. Yeah, I know... population density blah blah blah, that's all true but they're also just really, really good at it.

Meanwhile, Cedar Point requires a crew of approximately 837 people to run Top Thrill Dragster.

Edited by coasterbill

I'm curious to see which days will be added to the operating schedule since that is mentioned on the park website. Perhaps there will be some weekday operations in September beyond Labor Day, or maybe they might stay open an extra weekend or two into November.

Man I don't know what to do about my trip now. Thought I was being slick reserving hotel/park during the week the last week of May when crowds shouldn't be bad.. I've called about cancelling and getting a refund, but they said they were gonna charge me. If they end up not opening when I have my reservation they'll refund me with no cancellation fee. This is Hotel Breakers telling me this.

Learned my lesson to wait until as late as possible make reservations from here on out for most things.