TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'm not surprised Millennium Force was added to FastLane Plus or that Gatekeeper was removed from FastLane Plus. I am surprised Valravn went down to regular FastLane since that has had the longest line on my past few visits outside of Steel Vengeance and Maverick.

^

Yeah, but you need something to sell the normal Fast Lane. The previous years, Millennium Force filled this spot. Now they changed it to Valravn. When the decision ist between these two, I can fully understand it.

But at the end, I'm with coasterbill: I don't see any circumstances where I would buy the normal one. Plus or nothing.

Okay, Plus, period.

I'm not sure they actually want to sell the normal Fast Lane. I've always thought of it as a decoy product. Anyone who's willing to pay (making up numbers here) $80 for normal Fast Lane is also going to pay $100 for Fast Lane Plus. The normal one exists primarily to be a comparison point for Plus, so that people are weighing the $20 price difference rather than the $100.

I am a little surprised that this years addition, while not a coaster didn't end up on Fastlane+ as a just because. I figured any new addition that is an adult/family attraction would make it on purely from a marketing stand point, if only for it's debut season in the case of Snake River Expedition.

Personally, I would like to see regular Fastlane still offer the same rides that Fastlane+ offers but be a single use option. Whereas Fastlane+ would be unlimited rides. Then there may be value in both levels but also limit the amount of people in the fastlane lines as well. Kind of how Busch has Quick Queue and QQ Unlimited.

As a family of 4 I find FL & FL+ to be way too expensive, especially since I only paid $75ea for 2 days admission, unless I'm misunderstanding the price.

It has to be that expensive. Should be more expensive some days in my opinion. Otherwise everyone would have it and it wouldn't do any good.

As a family of 4 I find FL & FL+ to be way too expensive, especially since I only paid $75ea for 2 days admission, unless I'm misunderstanding the price.

It has to be that expensive. Should be more expensive some days in my opinion. Otherwise everyone would have it and it wouldn't do any good.

True. I guess im just spoiled by free fast passes (WDW) or going on light crowd days (USIOA, BGW) and not even needing it.

I got your back man! When I go with my 3 kids, there's no way I'm dropping a small fortune on getting FL or FL+ either! So it's prudent planning, knowing the best days to go for lower crowds, or GTFO for us! Of course, we got the free FL+ with our Passes at CW last year, and I can definitely see the allure, if you can afford it...

True. I guess im just spoiled by free fast passes (WDW) or going on light crowd days (USIOA, BGW) and not even needing it.

So you're paying $37.50 a day to go to Cedar Point and even on the busiest day with no discounts or a Platinum Pass it's $150 for Fastlane which is $187 total. A one day Disney World parkhopper is about $195.

The comeback will be "Well it's also Disney and it's worth more" which is true, but it's still totally built into the price. Also, the Cedar Point Fastlane is unlimited rides on whatever you want all day. Even the best MDX wizard on earth with a lucky rabbit's foot up their ass couldn't just churn out unlimited Flight of Passage Fastpasses all day but you could absolutely spend the entire day fastpassing Steel Vengeance if you wanted with the Fastlane wristband.

I feel like the value / price point for those things is at least comparable but Disney is better at packaging it.

Edited by coasterbill

It seems like the big news out of Winter Chill Out is changes to Early Entry, not all of which are finalized but it does seem like Steel Vengeance will only be available for Early Entry on Saturday and Sunday.

This was the unofficial / official policy for a good chunk of last year anyway but I’m still a little surprised.

Cedar Point will be opening for free on May 2 and 3. Ride wristbands will be $20.20. Must RSVP beforehand. No tickets or wristbands for purchase at the park. Ride schedule is currently Blue Streak, Gatekeeper, Maxair, Raptor, Valravn, WT, WS, and kid rides.

Passholder preview nights 4-8pm on May 6, 7.