TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^A toy store and a mall together? Holy shit; that's a dying breed.

For someone who has talked a lot of shit on Robb and TPR on his Twitter page, coming here with your name and location, and some of your recent posts...yeah I give you a week.

I'm dead

The gold passes will likely increase attendance slightly for 2020 overall. What will also increase attendance is that the calendar grants an extra week next year between Memorial Day and Labor Day (Memorial Day is on its earliest possible date and Labor Day is on its latest possible date). Weekdays before mid June will likely still be fairly quiet except for days with lots of school groups.

When I was at CP on the 19th, I noticed plenty of volunteers sitting at ride entrances and controlling the FL merge points. I also noticed Schlitterbahn employees manning the Magnum gate turnstiles.

Aha! So the REAL reason CF paid 260 million for Schliitterbahn was to get extra staff for Halloweekends. Brilliant!

Kidding aside, that is interesting to know. I guess if you have a labor pool willing to truck themselves all the way from Texas to Ohio you might as well take advantage.

If you want that Ferris Wheel so bad, here you go; It’s just an off-the-shelf kit:

https://www.knex.com/knex-thrill-rides-6-foot-ferris-wheel

They have one set up at the crappy toy store at the mall down the road here.

I have that model here in Korea, brought it off a leaving expat who got it from another person. They all used to use it in class to let the kids make models instead of the wheel since it had so many pieces. I used to too but my new school is more of an after-school where I see many different kids than the same ones so it's in my cupboard. When I inherited it, a few pieces were missing or broken but found a spare parts store and will hopefully dust it off one day to do with my son. He'll probably need a stool since I can barely reach the top.

When I was at CP on the 19th, I noticed plenty of volunteers sitting at ride entrances and controlling the FL merge points. I also noticed Schlitterbahn employees manning the Magnum gate turnstiles.

When I was there, this girl working the entrance of Wicked Twister told someone Maverick was at the front of the park and then said "I'm not really sure though, this is my first day." So I politely told both of them where Maverick was (and that it was broken) and she explained she works in the summer at Waldameer, but was sorta drafted to work at CP for Halloweekends.

They really seem to be looking for anyone and I mean anyone to work Halloweekends.

Is it a logical thought that with everyone having Gold Passes next year Fast Lane will see less sales because people will simply come more often, instead of going all out for 1 visit? I hope so. Outside of Magnum and Gemini, you still have to wait 15-45 minutes for most of the coasters even with Fast Lane.

• 2 weeks later...
^Oh ok, well probably with the metal detectors, it would be still be quite slow moving. But perhaps not an hour. I'm seriously considering going.

For someone who has talked a lot of shit on Robb and TPR on his Twitter page, coming here with your name and location, and some of your recent posts...yeah I give you a week.

^Oh ok, well probably with the metal detectors, it would be still be quite slow moving. But perhaps not an hour. I'm seriously considering going.

Oh hi.... bye!!!

When I was there, this girl working the entrance of Wicked Twister told someone Maverick was at the front of the park and then said "I'm not really sure though, this is my first day." So I politely told both of them where Maverick was (and that it was broken) and she explained she works in the summer at Waldameer, but was sorta drafted to work at CP for Halloweekends.

They really seem to be looking for anyone and I mean anyone to work Halloweekends.

Is it a logical thought that with everyone having Gold Passes next year Fast Lane will see less sales because people will simply come more often, instead of going all out for 1 visit? I hope so. Outside of Magnum and Gemini, you still have to wait 15-45 minutes for most of the coasters even with Fast Lane.

This has been the case for the last several years at Cedar Point, it's not recent at all. Once Halloweekends starts staffing is a major issue, so the park uses volunteers (typically college students in some student organization) that are only there for the weekend. Many have never been to the park before, and it's really not the park's fault. There just isn't staffing available for weekend only seasonal positions in Ohio.

What's the normal price for Fast Lane Plus? Trying to decide if their sale of $69.99 is worth buying in advance.

This is probably the cheapest you'll see it. Even with the Platinum Pass in-park discount it usually doesn't dip to $70 for FL+ that often anymore.

Most Fridays and Sundays will see in the $100+ range and Saturdays (which is excluded here) has hit $150 during the summer and Haunt.

This is a good price to jump on.

• 3 weeks later...
Cedar Point will be making a "big" announcement tomorrow at 11am. You'll be able to watch it here:

WKYC.com Cedar Point Announcement

So expect tomorrow to be another great day of idiots with crazy unreasonable expectations to melt down on social media.

It'll be a few more events, actual details on the boat ride they had just greenlighted (which apparently has next to no budget) and Forbidden Frontier Adventurewhatever being relegated to a tombstone for Halloweekends.

If it’s not singing mushrooms this time I’ll be pretty disappointed.

it just might be.

Tony on Twitter hashtagged his post about the announcement with:

#notpolerhypergigaaquahyperetc

bwaaaa-haaaaa-haaaaa

here's the full post from last night:

Tony Clark

It’s not a coaster. It’s a collection of things. A party. Fun for all ages. A celebration of our past and a look to the future. Sleep well. See you at 11 am.