TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Sorry if this is obnoxious or answered earlier. I went looking back, couldn't find it... but there's 4,000 pages...

My wife and I are ready to introduce our coaster loving 9 year old to cedar fair parks and cedar point in particular. Want to buy a platinum pass for 2020 and make a run at 4 parks minimum. Should I buy the platinum passes now, or wait and see if they drop a special or decrease in October or November? They're $197 now...

They're advertising right now as the lowest price they'll be, and I think that typically is the case. I just took advantage of this price theough Canada's Wonderland today, so I think it's a great time to buy!

Edited by DILinator

We live near six flags St. Louis. When you buy season passes through them, there is a deadline of when you must physically show up at the park and claim/ activate them.

Is this the case for cedar fair parks? If so, we're in trouble as we won't be traveling to any of them until June 2020. Just want the passes for next summer, not planning on taking advantage of this year's access.

Also, does it matter which parks website I buy it through? I know six flags stl is a cheaper season pass than other six flags...

Thanks again for your feedback everybody! I'm in uncharted territory here.

We live near six flags St. Louis. When you buy season passes through them, there is a deadline of when you must physically show up at the park and claim/ activate them.

Is this the case for cedar fair parks? If so, we're in trouble as we won't be traveling to any of them until June 2020. Just want the passes for next summer, not planning on taking advantage of this year's access.

Also, does it matter which parks website I buy it through? I know six flags stl is a cheaper season pass than other six flags...

Not sure about an activation deadline, but I can say that it doesn't matter which park you buy the Platinum pass through, you can activate it at any CF park.

So it doesn't matter price wise, looks like all parks are $197, but are all parks treated equally? I mean, if I were to buy it through worlds of fun, would all cedar point perks ( one hour early entry, etc) exist in the same way as though I purchased my platinum pass at cedar point? I ask this because purchasing through worlds of fun gets you a flash pass to use there before Oct 27 this year, and maybe I can drag the fam over there for a day this year.

Either way, gotta decide today. Looks like today is the deadline for these prices.

Oh my goodness, this keeps getting more and more confusing. I'm a high school teacher, so I'm trying to maximize the pennies I like to rub together, and now I'm realizing why people buy their platinum passes at Canada's wonderland. Those of you who do this, while you can purchase them online, can you process them in any cedar fair park? I'd be adding platinum dining and drinks, so the savings would be... sizable. I realize that this would negate any park specific perk (CW is offering a fast lane for each pass for one day in 2019... and that would be forfeited, and not realized anywhere else).

That conversion rate though....

Not sure about an activation deadline, but I can say that it doesn't matter which park you buy the Platinum pass through, you can activate it at any CF park.

Ok, I am dumb. Didn't fully internalize this when you answered it. S

orry and thanks!

Nope, don't worry about it. I bought a 2018 Kings Island Platinum Pass online and didn't activate it until August, and no trouble at all doing so.

Given that you apparently can buy anywhere, and activate anywhere, the question you have to ask yourself is whether getting the Free Fast Lane Plus later this year at Worlds of Fun is more important than saving money through the exchange rate at Canada's Wonderland. I am going to CW next month, so I bought there anyway, and used the EZ Pay plan to spread out payments. My initial up front cost for 4 passess, 1 Fun Pix, and 1 All Day Drink Plan, came out to $196 dollars. But of course, that is in Canadian. My actual cost, was only $147. So that's nearly a $50 savings. I can't imagine the exchange rate has changed much since yesterday, so that's the kind of discount you'd be looking at, purchasing at CW, and giving up the FL+ benefit. Just wanted to put that out there for you to tangibly see, since I just went through this.

So it doesn't matter price wise, looks like all parks are $197, but are all parks treated equally? I mean, if I were to buy it through worlds of fun, would all cedar point perks ( one hour early entry, etc) exist in the same way as though I purchased my platinum pass at cedar point? I ask this because purchasing through worlds of fun gets you a flash pass to use there before Oct 27 this year, and maybe I can drag the fam over there for a day this year.

Either way, gotta decide today. Looks like today is the deadline for these prices.

The Platinum Pass perks, such as free parking and early entry, work at every park. I have a Canada’s Wonderland pass and have used it at Cedar Point and Kings Dominion so far this year.

The return of Paddlewheel Excursions is the next best thing to a log flume. Huge win! Emily will be pleased.

Are we sure Paddlewheel Excursions is coming back? All I read was that it will be a new river ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given that you apparently can buy anywhere, and activate anywhere, the question you have to ask yourself is whether getting the Free Fast Lane Plus later this year at Worlds of Fun is more important than saving money through the exchange rate at Canada's Wonderland. I am going to CW next month, so I bought there anyway, and used the EZ Pay plan to spread out payments. My initial up front cost for 4 passess, 1 Fun Pix, and 1 All Day Drink Plan, came out to $196 dollars. But of course, that is in Canadian. My actual cost, was only $147. So that's nearly a $50 savings. I can't imagine the exchange rate has changed much since yesterday, so that's the kind of discount you'd be looking at, purchasing at CW, and giving up the FL+ benefit. Just wanted to put that out there for you to tangibly see, since I just went through this.

I did end up purchasing 3 platinum passes, and 1 fun pix through CW. Decided that the savings essentially were better than just purchasing FL+ when we visit WOF. And, who knows, may not need it whenever we get to WOF anyway!

Decided against the dining and drink stuff. Hoping to be healthy and focus on water... and beer.

Now, I'm struggling to link my physical vouchers to the app. They want some kind of quick code, and that doesn't exist on sdny of my emails and paperwork. May have to wait until getting the physical cards.

Big thanks to y'all for helping me figure this out. I am usually a lurker on this great community. More of a consumer than a poster.

My daughter is stoked to ride some of the rides I've been showing her POV's of for years.

Also makes the season long all park FL $725 after taxes when purchased through CW.

Is this true? I'm in california at Great America, current platinum passholder and considering doing all park season FL. Could I purchase a new platinum pass via CW with all park FL and activate it at Great America?

Also, does anyone know if the all park FL is FL+?

Also makes the season long all park FL $725 after taxes when purchased through CW.

Is this true? I'm in california at Great America, current platinum passholder and considering doing all park season FL. Could I purchase a new platinum pass via CW with all park FL and activate it at Great America?

Also, does anyone know if the all park FL is FL+?

Click on the link at CW. Click Paypal. It will show you the conversion. Was ~$750USD through Paypal last week when I checked.