TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Another "new" item for 2020 is the Gold Season Pass. I skipped on buying a season pass this year for the first time in years due to health issues and knowing the only coasters I can really ride anymore are Mine Ride, Iron Dragon and Blue Streak. But for $99, I decided to pick one up. You get admission to Cedar Point only (well, CP Shores too but none of the other CF parks) the rest of this year and all of 2020, free parking, and 30 minutes of Early Entry, which I'd say is pretty much the same as the Platinum Pass considering the rides don't ever seem to be open at 9:00 anyways.

The only things that I will miss from the Platinum Pass are the FL+ discount and the access to other CF parks... but considering I can't do anywhere near as much as I used to, I'd say the price for the Gold Pass is a fantastic deal. Seriously, it almost pays for itself in one visit if you were to pay gate price.

And if that is a boat ride coming back, I for one will be a happy visitor. I'll have one more ride I can go on and not have to worry about passing out!

$99 for a Gold Pass that includes free parking and CPS is a hell of a deal to be honest, especially since it includes the remaining 2019 and all of 2020. Curious to see what this does next year for their season pass sales and attendance. Once I get to a point where my traveling days start to slow down I may do a every other year approach between a Gold and a Platinum.

I will say this...

After a few hours of deep reflection I am a little disappointed by the lack of singing Mushrooms. This is a MAJOR anniversary year celebration here, guys. I mean... come on.

I'm sure these are in the plans for the 175th anniversary!

From the Cleveland Plain Dealer

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2019/08/cedar-points-150th-anniversary-in-2020-features-new-river-ride-nighttime-midway-celebration.html

“In general terms, it will travel in the same waters as the former Paddlewheel Excursions, but will be a completely new experience,” said Cedar Point spokesman Tony Clark.

Still no concrete details, but a little more info pointing to a return of Paddlewheel like ride!

So what were Paddlewheels like in ..... 1870? I like the idea of really "going back in time" to what "thrills" existed when the park began. In this case....a Paddlewheeler!

I think that a revamped paddlewheel excursion would be great!

I typically visit theme parks with the older generation, so having attractions that cater to families and the older crowd (while still having the thrills) is a huge win in my book.

And revamping the museum is an awesome idea!

While I like the museum that they have, it left me craving for more CP history and not clothing, silverware and other "filler".

It felt like half theme park museum and half Antiques Roadshow. LOL

Of course I'll also be interested to know what new "retro" food selections that they'll offer!

Well, if they're going retro all the way to 1870, are you up for cornbread and frizzled beef with currant jelly?

Hey, as long as they don't make me wait 1.5 hours for the stand to open, I'd be down for that!

As per usual I would like to remind every-one that Aquatrax's, don't exist, they're just a legend and if you've seen one in the wild, you have just mistaken it for the more common relative Trax. The last known Aquatrax died around 2011.