TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I really like how Carowinds has water fountains in all their queue lines and I think other parks should follow suit.

They're rocky mountaining the queues to include water fountains for the anniversary next year. I saw the trucks already.

Well, that's good news! I can't imagine it's a cheap or easy upgrade.

This is not far worse than usual. This is the textbook definition of usual. Two years ago it vaporized a brake fin and was closed for weeks.

They're just getting their annual week-long breakdown out of the way early this year.

I've been riding (or attempting to ride) TTD since the first weekday of its operation in 2003, and can confirm: This IS 100% textbook TTD, for every single visit, every single year since!

When I rode it Saturday we experienced 3 rollbacks. Each launch got weaker and weaker. They launched it a fourth time with only the first 4 rows filled and it only made it 2/3 of the way up. So I assume something with the launch.

I know TTD obviously is notorious for its excessive downtime and all (I go every year for the past 8 years, only been on it a few times because it’s never open when I’m there) but lately this is far worse than usual. Closed since Saturday I believe. Anyone know what’s going on with it?

Sorry for the double post, but I have to tell you how awesome Cedar Point is when it comes to customer satisfaction:

Two years ago my now-wife Sarah and I visited Cedar Point and are in love with the park ever since then. On the last day of our visit we got engaged.

To surprise Sarah I asked via the website if there's a possibility to send me merchandise to Germany. I didn't expect anything as they don't have such a thing like an online shop.

To my big surprise I got a very fast answer and was asked what my preferences were. I desribed her what I wished to buy for me, my wife and our 15 month old son. She went to the merchandise shops and searched for clothes that matched my descriptions just perfectly. When it came to finalize the transaction, she helped me reducing shipping costs by more than 60 percent and gave me an additional discount.

After eight days of shipping the parcel arrived today via FedEx. Just everything worked fine including German customs.

We just wrote emails back and forth, nothing really written, nothing signed. The sizes of the clothes she sent us were perfect.

If you would have such an issue over here, there's no way you would get this service over here. Never ever an employee would walk through different shops, taking photos by him/herself multiple times and do everything that you are satisfied. It's so awesome everything worked so fine. It's just such a big thing Cedar Point lives for customer satisfaction in every part of their business. We love it.

And I can't really tell anyone how great this experience was since this is the closest way we can get to the Point in the upcoming years and now we have some pieces of the Point here in Germany. And Paul looks so cute with his Cedar Point shirt.

Praise the Point, people!

Edited by Pedrinho

Sorry for the double post, but I have to tell you how awesome Cedar Point is when it comes to customer satisfaction:

Two years ago my now-wife Sarah and I visited Cedar Point and are in love with the park ever since then. On the last day of our visit we got engaged.

To surprise Sarah I asked via the website if there's a possibility to send me merchandise to Germany. I didn't expect anything as they don't have such a thing like an online shop.

To my big surprise I got a very fast answer and was asked what my preferences were. I desribed her what I wished to buy for me, my wife and our 15 month old son. She went to the merchandise shops and searched for clothes that matched my descriptions just perfectly. When it came to finalize the transaction, she helped me reducing shipping costs by more than 60 percent and gave me an additional discount.

After eight days of shipping the parcel arrived today via FedEx. Just everything worked fine including German customs.

We just wrote emails back and forth, nothing really written, nothing signed. The sizes of the clothes she sent us were perfect.

If you would have such an issue over here, there's no way you would get this service over her. Never ever an employee would walk through different shops, taking photos by him/herself multiple times and do everything that you are satisfied. It's so awesome everything worked so fine. It's just such a big thing Cedar Point lives for customer satisfaction in every part of their business. We love it.

And I can't really tell anyone how great this experience was since this is the clostest way we can get to the Point in the upcoming years ans now we have some pieces of the Point here in Germany. Ans Paul looks so cute with his Cedar Point shirt.

Praise the Point, people!

That is definitely going above and beyond!

CP announced on Twitter that apparently they're waiting on a part from the manufacturer for Dragster. So there's the resolution (for now) to the questions earlier about why it was down, and how long it will be that way. They do not have an estimated time for re-opening. So yeah, Top Thrill Dragster, everybody!

CP announced on Twitter that apparently they're waiting on a part from the manufacturer for Dragster. So there's the resolution (for now) to the questions earlier about why it was down, and how long it will be that way. They do not have an estimated time for re-opening. So yeah, Top Thrill Dragster, everybody!

I am sure it will be down for a while, if they felt the need to come out and say this. Probably at least a few weeks. Perhaps the part they need has to be specially made, and it isn't as simple as tossing it in a box and sending it over the pond.

On the german Forum "coasterfriends" they said that Wicked Twister may be running its final "laps" at September 8th.

Don't know how much to give on that information and if it's okay to post a link here. but it would all be in German, anyway.

I actually heard from a friend, who does actually know "people in the know" at CP, who told me last September that he'd been told Wicked Twister was going to get removed. It wasn't clear when at the time, and obviously it wasn't last year. But even though I currently can't ride it due to my size, I'd hoped it would stay, as I actually really like it! At the time he told me about it, it seemed out of the blue, and wasn't being discussed by enthusiasts much. Now, there is so much chatter about it, that it really does seem more and more likely. I'm hoping it's not the case, but at the same time, its removal only makes way for more transformation at CP, and that's rarely ever a bad thing!

I actually heard from a friend, who does actually know "people in the know" at CP, who told me last September that he'd been told Wicked Twister was going to get removed. It wasn't clear when at the time, and obviously it wasn't last year. But even though I currently can't ride it due to my size, I'd hoped it would stay, as I actually really like it! At the time he told me about it, it seemed out of the blue, and wasn't being discussed by enthusiasts much. Now, there is so much chatter about it, that it really does seem more and more likely. I'm hoping it's not the case, but at the same time, its removal only makes way for more transformation at CP, and that's rarely ever a bad thing!

I can see WT being moved, its kind of the perfect coaster for relocation since its compact and can fit in a tight location. I also remember hearing rumors of WT possibly being relocated to CGA.

I am one that hope it doesn't get re-located. I love WT and love having no wait to ride it. Its a shame a decent coaster gets overlooked by so many.

Thing is it wouldn't get over looked at CGA, MIA, WOF ect

I am one that hope it doesn't get re-located. I love WT and love having no wait to ride it. Its a shame a decent coaster gets overlooked by so many.

Thing is it wouldn't get over looked at CGA, MIA, WOF ect

Well, Be-Bop Blvd at Michigan's Adventure just had its last ride. Trying to picture the space, but I wonder if it could fit there?