TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Ok, I have an odd Cedar point but not ride related question. My Dad is going up with us in a few weeks. If he wants a break from the park scene for a few hours; can he fish anywhere off the beach? Not necessarily right behind the hotel but maybe over toward the campsite. And is there a bait shop at the on site marina or do we need to stop on the way in?

Anyone know?

I know there are fishing charters he can take but not sure he will want to get involved with that on this trip.

The CP marina isn't a marina that caters to fishermen... Also it's explicitly stated in the Marina rules that fishing isn't allowed in the Marina... Best bet would to be to stop ahead of time.

There are many access points around Sandusky to fish but it's not welcomed on the Marina property itself. Can't recall if fishing is explicitly prohibited on the beaches or not, but I'd lean towards not...

Since when is steel Vengeance open for early entry?!?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was running for early entry on Sunday.

Nice. Looks like the noon open is gone!!

Since when is steel Vengeance open for early entry?!?!?!

It was running for early entry on Sunday.

Nice. Looks like the noon open is gone!!

I think they started opening for early entry about a week ago. Good thing. It was an unbelievable cluster with the noon opening when I was there earlier this month.

The CP marina isn't a marina that caters to fishermen... Also it's explicitly stated in the Marina rules that fishing isn't allowed in the Marina... Best bet would to be to stop ahead of time.

There are many access points around Sandusky to fish but it's not welcomed on the Marina property itself. Can't recall if fishing is explicitly prohibited on the beaches or not, but I'd lean towards not...

I kind of got that impression but thanks for the confirmation. Easy enough I think to stop and get bait on the way in.

Due to a booking error by me, we ended up in a hotel in Port Clinton Saturday night, right on the water. The hotel rules were:

1. No smoking

2. No partying after 11 p.m.

3. No cleaning fish in your room

This is my favorite thing on the internet at this very moment.

val.jpg.89a9b9aa8ed2b76f16571a6550fc6856.jpg

(thanks Coasterbill for sending it my way)

Seriously, what is with this park and trains colliding in the station? Magnum, Steel Vengeance, now this?

I've seen something like this once before in person. Was in line for Millennium and for whatever reason the train in the unloading station decided to pull forward and bumped the train in the station. Only going as fast as the drive tires would allow it obviously. I wonder if Valravn's incident was that or if it was an honest to goodness brake failure.

This is my favorite thing on the internet at this very moment.

[attachment=0]val.jpg[/attachment]

(thanks Coasterbill for sending it my way)

Seriously, what is with this park and trains colliding in the station? Magnum, Steel Vengeance, now this?

Don't forget the transfer track collision on Corkscrew too.

I'm glad no one got hurt. Is this the first collision where a B&M coaster has been involved?

Twitter:

Be skeptical all you want, I was standing right there when it happened. And considering the breaks appeared to fail the car was going fairly fast. If I had to venture a guess I'd say around 40 mph if not faster.

Yeaa I doubt the train was moving 40mph. With my limited understanding of physics and inertia there probably would've been more damage and injuries. Also for the train to gain that much speed after the magnetic brakes I would assumed every single one of the non-magnetic brakes would've had to fail. I don't see that happening.. on any ride let alone a B&M. My guess would be the very last set of brakes, the set on the transfer track failed and the ride rolled into the station and bumped the train. Probably only going 5-10mph.

But I know nothing, and make no claim to be an engineer lol.

Hope everyone who was on either train is okay, I'm sure it was a scary moment for all involved.

Ahh, ok so that’s what happened. While waiting for Raptor a train on Valravn was stopped near the top of the lift hill, and it was there for at least 20 minutes. Then while on the sky ride I saw another one stopped at the same point. I’m so relieved nobody was hurt because with the way your legs are exposed on those trains the first thing that went through my mind was what happened to a certain ride at Alton Towers...

On another note, I brought this up earlier and on my visit yesterday it was still a thing... And that is the fact that CP is not honoring row requests on rides where they are assigning rows. SV, Maverick, and Raptor (1st for that one) did not allow me to pick my row. Just my biggest pet peeve about parks. I mean I get it, but at the same time allowing my friend and I to wait for the next train in our row of choice is not going to slow the line down..