TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I will be there this week, Thursday and Friday. Forecasts show some pretty awful weather coming Thursday, and I’m thinking that odds are Thursday could be a flop and Friday might be extra packed. Should I tough it out or reschedule?

Edited by RollerManic

Perfect, that’s what I was hoping. They are saying that theses storms are going to continue into the evening (there goes my hanging out on the beach during my one night at Breakers plan) but I’m keeping my fingers crossed they’re short.

So which is the better day? I assume Sunday would be a bit less crowded. My only visit to CP was on a Wednesday/Thursday after all the schools in the area were back in session. This trip will most likely be KK>KI>CP but could also easily be CP>KI>KK. I bought KI FL+ on the President's Day sale and assume it would be best used on Saturday.

I would personally aim for Sunday. At KI, FL+ even on a Saturday will be great. Enjoy minimal waits.

So which is the better day? I assume Sunday would be a bit less crowded. My only visit to CP was on a Wednesday/Thursday after all the schools in the area were back in session. This trip will most likely be KK>KI>CP but could also easily be CP>KI>KK. I bought KI FL+ on the President's Day sale and assume it would be best used on Saturday.

I would personally aim for Sunday. At KI, FL+ even on a Saturday will be great. Enjoy minimal waits.

That's what I'm going to do. Right now plan is half-day at KK Friday, then go to KI for night rides. Saturday, half-day at KI with FL+, drive to CP for evening. CP early entry and full day Sunday, with FL+ if needed. This long weekend is designed to take the "death march" feel out of an August trip that was to include KI and CP, but will now just be Kennywood, Waldameer, Darien Lake, Niagara Falls, and Great Escape.

It may effect your plans, but be aware KI is open until midnight on Saturday. You'd get a ton of night rides with FL+.

*IF* it were me, I'd do a half day at HW and close Friday out with KK. Sleep in and get your rest to spend Saturday night at KI until 12 with FL+. Get a few hours of sleep and snag a FL+ for CP. You'll need it at CP, but it should be pretty effective on a Sunday. After it's all said and done, sleep like a baby on Sunday night. I'm also a big fan of mid-day 20-30 minute car naps with the AC blasting and the seat back.

I’m headed to the park today. We drove all they way from central Missouri knowing the forecast today is going to be rough, but we are holding out hope that it will make for an experience like ^ yours.

Tomorrow is going to be f*cked, though. 72 and clear skies. Absolutely perfect weather, and it comes on a Friday right after the rain that will scare some people off today.

I am heading to the park sunday and staying til Tuesday. Looking forward to checking out the Frontier Festival, more so than the coasters.

The weather looks good for Monday, hot and humid. I am hoping it keeps some people away cause of the heat. I remember hearing last year the reason people stayed away was it was too hot. I never understood that. Rain is about the only thing that keeps me from going to a park.

The four acres of landfill revealed to be coming is very exciting. It's more likely to serve a new hotel than a new ride(s) though. It does open up a lot of speculation.

Do you mind pointing the direction where we can see or read something about this? I'd be interested to check it out.

The four acres of landfill revealed to be coming is very exciting. It's more likely to serve a new hotel than a new ride(s) though. It does open up a lot of speculation.

Do you mind pointing the direction where we can see or read something about this? I'd be interested to check it out.

I'm pretty sure this is not verifiable information at this time. Jason McClure mentioned it at Coastermania, and didnt say where in the peninsula it would be going, but it has been assumed it is going where Sandcastle was.

I am heading to the park sunday and staying til Tuesday. Looking forward to checking out the Frontier Festival, more so than the coasters.

The weather looks good for Monday, hot and humid. I am hoping it keeps some people away cause of the heat. I remember hearing last year the reason people stayed away was it was too hot. I never understood that. Rain is about the only thing that keeps me from going to a park.

I don't see any overly hot days expected in Sandusky over the next 7 days. 80 (on Monday) is perfect.

1332349725_sanduskyjune.JPG.3dee56f18c59f444101c90d814e4e91a.JPG

I went last year on a weekday where the afternoon called for major storms. There was an hour of heavy rain and then the park cleared out. Steel Vengeance standby was only a 10-15 minute wait by the end of the day.

I don't think we were at CP on the same day last year, but there was a day last year (dreary weather forecast and the schools were out) when the park was so dead Millennium Force was allowing patrons to cut right from the exit platform to the queue line just outside the entrance, saving about 5-10 minutes of walking.

I'm going back to Cedar Point next Thursday (afternoon/evening) and Friday (morning) and I'm hoping it's less busy than my trip earlier in June, when it seemed like every school in a 100 mile radius had an outing on one of the two days I was there.

^^ 80 is hot compared to what we have had since winter ended.

Agreed. However, 80 isn't bad. I've been to the Point on days where it was in the 90s. Still warm, but not as hot as my first Kings Island trip (the heat exhaustion trip) or my BGT/SWO/USF/IOA trip last September (where the heat index hit 100 on all three days)

^ I love the Magic Gate! And I don't think it was the same day since Millennium Force was closed until the last hour of operation that day.

A few weeks ago on a Friday night (May 17th I believe), Millie’s magic gate was open....such a beautiful sight!

I'm just hoping it's at least 80 because we would like to try the water park for once when we are there in mid July. I don't really think of it as being hot til it hits 90.....not sure I can handle water park rides if it's in the 70's. Last time I was there it was in the 40's so 80 would be awesome!

Gemini has been closed all day, appears to be some issues relating to dispatching and block sections. Red and Blue have been testing but never together, and for a while, blue was stuck on the MCBR.

781574F9-C5CD-4B08-A15C-AC53F28B343F.thumb.jpeg.d7f446827037a0674431f9b809cf3a35.jpeg

Also, something i’ve experienced these last 2 days in the park is that literally every single line takes significantly longer than the posted wait times at the entrance. Are they just ridiculously bad at estimating or is the time usually accurate?

I’m currently in-line for Raptor, which was posted as 45 minutes. It’s been 50 minutes already and I still have half the switchbacks. What gives??