TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I may just try out the all day lckker thing and see how it works out. There will be four of us. You can basically move your stuff around to all the individual lckker stations, right? I'm not sure how it works. Do you get a pin or card to scan? Is it a pain in the A$$?

I'd definitely recommend getting an all day locker. You buy them at the kiosks inside the locker stations. When buying it, the machine will ask you to set a user ID and a passcode - which you use to check in to each locker station.

You're technically supposed to hit the "End Rental" buttons on the side of the locker when you move to a different one, but those buttons worked maybe 1 out of the 6 times I tried it last year. Maybe they work now... probably not. If you don't do this, the machine will nag you for it; but other than that, it's no big deal if you don't.

I may just try out the all day lckker thing and see how it works out. There will be four of us. You can basically move your stuff around to all the individual lckker stations, right? I'm not sure how it works. Do you get a pin or card to scan? Is it a pain in the A$$?

Yes, do this. You select a all day pin and it's pretty easy to move around. I also travel with four and we move to a area as a group but do different things and the girls can carry around all their crap with them and have a place nearby to store said crap. the bunnies near SV, Valravn, Rougarou and Gatekeeper are right at the ride. A little travel for Maverick and Raptor and TTD's bunnies are at the entrance only. They are also good so as not to waste a beer you can't chug before a short ride. Traveling bunnies are a must for me and well worth the 10 bucks IMO.

Pretty great success thus far. Marathoned MForce most of 7 to 9. Headed to the back corner before 9 to beat crowds and I did get 2 on Maverick before the floodgates opened (then one more, already 15 min wait not bad but wow people pile in fast!) Shockingly TTD opened up, got 2 rides on that by 10.

Thanks to yall I figured SV may not open till noon so I gambled and didnt bother till about 1140. Right then when I arrived they started testing so I lucked out.

Yeah something must be going with SV? the line was small...it basically was just the steps one kink and a bit down the line. It really was quite a physically short line. Took 1 hour. Was moving so slow I assumed it was 1 train ops, saw they were running 3!!! And the ops were moving normally. What's up? There must be technical difficulties of some kind?

Anyway least I got it. Thought about FL+ but held off, I got one ride in and that will suffice till night ERT. But yeah got several rides on Magnum, hit Wicked Twister, Gatekeeper, Skyhawk and Maxair. Gunna prob head back like 8 pm and hit the remaining (or pray to god the non FL line for SV becomes acceptable?) lol I know

I'm not there but I would think that since the park is flooded with enthusiasts today and most of them probably have Fastlane and believe that the sun rises and sets with that ride so they're probably pulling a ton of people from the Fastlane line. Combine that with the fact that the ride doesn't have good capacity even on it's best day and it opens 3 hours late every day and the demand is probably insane.

Raptor just posted a 5 minute wait though. If I were at the park without Fastlane you would know where to find me.

Edited by coasterbill

All day lockers are the best thing any park has done in a while. They're so easy to use, and you don't have to backtrack to your locker constantly. They have large banks of them near every coaster that requires one, and even on a busy day there's going to be one available.

Have a blast at Cedar Point, man. You're gonna love the place.

I'm not there but I would think that since the park is flooded with enthusiasts today and most of them probably have Fastlane and believe that the sun rises and sets with that ride so they're probably pulling a ton of people from the Fastlane line. Combine that with the fact that the ride doesn't have good capacity even on it's best day and it opens 3 hours late every day and the demand is probably insane.

Raptor just posted a 5 minute wait though. If I were at the park without Fastlane you would know where to find me.

Nah not that, I get and expected the demand (and really I just hoped to get one day ride in by good timing, which is what happened) but it physically was moving slow. FL too. It just wasnt going anywhere. Guy I was chatting with said yest it had issues (who knows lol) and was moving like that too. It seemed like theres something on top of its already bad capacity and yes the fact FL line was as long as ours lol

I made my goal though so yeah pretty much rest of day is hitting up raptor and the others. In my experience late night, like 8-10 things really empty out. Just the slowness intrigued me bc Ive never seen it so bad, I aint griping this day has gone about as perfectly as possible, I will deff have everything done to my hearts content by the time night ERT is here

Your telling me its been opening at noon this season was a huge help, I timed it pretty much perfect

I’m crossing my fingers that most of the coasterstock crowd is gone by Sunday, but the race is also this weekend. I won’t be super stoked to wait in 30 min FL+ lines.

Zach let us know how it goes!

We are planning on going to North Coast Con in July. Currently the proposed itin has indicated that SV will open at 9 because they are doing ert on Maverick 8-9 and then stated to meet at SV at 8:55 for "first rides of the day". Will be curious to see if that comes to fruition.

Anyway, just wondering about the FL line, how far back did it go? For us it was back to the last turn in the line and it took about an hour. They were filling 4 rows each train for the FL line, and 8 rows from the regular line. I'm wondering if things have since changed.

Loading sequence was the same yesterday. 4 rows FL, 8 rows regular.

First time we used the FL line ( around 1 pm) it took us 35-40 minutes, line was at the second turn seen from the entrance.

Second and third time(around 5.45 pm and 6.10 pm) the line started just up the stairs so it was a 5-10 minutes wait both times.

After those 2 rides my brain said: ride it again! but my body said: what the f**k are you doing! So the 3 rides was all I could take. Pfff.....I’m getting old[emoji26]

^I thought the same thing last year. When they were running one train at the beginning of the season we had walk-on ERT. After a couple rides and our ride earlier in the day we were done for our two day visit. It's a great ride and I enjoyed my first couple rides, but it's just not my favorite flavor.

Hey Zach - one thing to note when you’re setting up your bunny is the passcode. They’ll ask you twice in a row for a 4 digit code to use for the day. The number keypad flashed on the screen may be different from a typical number pad at first. Then when they then ask you to confirm your chosen code, the number order will be scrambled on screen. This really trips up a lot of people. Have a great time and don’t forget to ride Cedar Downs!

Yeah SV is epic but I don't think I can do more than a few rides. I will but I do feel my body already saying I'll regret it tomm. Also Skyhawk is a great night ride. The breeze is glorious and I just love it, simple ride but so good.

Hey Zach - one thing to note when you’re setting up your bunny is the passcode. They’ll ask you twice in a row for a 4 digit code to use for the day. The number keypad flashed on the screen may be different from a typical number pad at first. Then when they then ask you to confirm your chosen code, the number order will be scrambled on screen. This really trips up a lot of people. Have a great time and don’t forget to ride Cedar Downs!

It tripped me up a few weeks ago when Ii was there too lol, overall a great locker system. I don’t have any shorts with zipper pockets and i’m an overprotective freak about my phone so I just got a locker for all the coasters that didn’t have bins. The all-day locker is fantastic, and not badly priced at all. My only issue was that the Rougarou lockers were totally broken when i tried to ride it. Oh well, saved me from the headbanging

Yeah SV is epic but I don't think I can do more than a few rides. I will but I do feel my body already saying I'll regret it tomm. Also Skyhawk is a great night ride. The breeze is glorious and I just love it, simple ride but so good.

I rode it 4 times in a day last time I was there, oh trust me, my legs felt is BAD the next day, especially since 2 of those rides were in the back row!

I rode it 4 times in a day last time I was there, oh trust me, my legs felt is BAD the next day, especially since 2 of those rides were in the back row!

I got 6 yesterday, 1 during the day and 5 during ERT (4 in a row!) Yes I am feeling it, wow. But damn what a ride. What a ride. Was concerned ERT would be a bit lackluster but they did end up getting ops under control and down to 15 (10 at the end) min waits which was superb. That thing is a beast and a half.

For anyone who attended Coastermania, how did the lines during ERT compare to FL+ lines during a typical weekday? I know that the boat ride, Q&A, food, community, etc., make the event about more than ERT, but hey, I'm still curious.

Disappointing TTD didn't open today. Surely over the next 3 days I'll be able to catch a ride.

First visit in 28 years today. Had a blast. SV at night for my first ride on it was great. Didn't believe the Maverick hype but loved it. Can't wait to get up in a few hours and do it again.