TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Is the park usually pretty dead for a couple days after Coastermania? I know this weekend is the race and Coastermania. I don't know what to expect for our visit on Sunday and Monday. Counting on FL+ for both days, regardless.

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, my friends aren't as willing to splurge as I am and won't go for the Fast Lane Plus. Good to know that Steel Vengeance doesn't open until later on, though. Would have sucked going there first only to wait hours.

The price difference on Friday is only $20. I would definitely work on my friends and explain to them how the regular FL at $79 is a complete waste of money but the FL+ at $99 is totally worth it because the only rides you'll really need FL on are only on plus. Hell, if you financial situation allows it I'd offer to pay the difference for them. It will seriously make your day a hundred times better.

Crowds are reasonable today. Did buy FL+ when we were sure SV would open (around noon......again) and it had a steady 2 hour line the whole day. Running steadily with 3 trains and no use of the MCBR.

FL was between 20-30 minutes the whole time......but right now (6.20 pm) the FL line is like 5 minutes at most.

The only rides we really needed FL was SV , Maverick, Valravn and TTD but I would have bought it just for SV.

Soooo will SV be open for 9am or no, or is it a find out day of situation?

Only ask bc I'll duck out of COastermania ERT a bit earlier to beat the 9am crowds for SV.

As for FL+ if it really just wont happen well ya cant control the wants of others, but I deff would recommend. When I went last year it was a quiet day (Im talking 15 mins TOPS for MForce, often just 5) really the only lines of any substance all day was Valravyn, Maverick and SV BUT if you want like more than one ride on em OR you want to be able to do everything....I too recommend trying to talk em into FL+ With it SV had 30-45 min waits, normal was at least 2 hours. Mav was as usual packed all day as well. No way I could've done as much as I did and still get so many rides on SV without FL+

I am stoked for Coastermania!

Wow. Before noon!? Ya being hyperbolic?

Given what it is...that's kind of shocking what's been the issue?

Last year it was open 9 am, unless I caught a luck day/something has been going on this season?

Have a great time, at CoasterMANIA! everybody who's going to it this weekend.

IMG_4004.JPG.43e55325b6b2e4b23d3c48f11f89b294.JPG

My shot of Bert having a great time on Cedar Downs during our CoasterMANIA! weekend, 2017.

Edited by Nrthwnd

JJLehto - they are serious, it’s been opening late.

Quick update since I’m at The Point:

SV opened at 12:07pm today (Thurs) and was pulling huge lines all day. The rest of the park was easy waits for most of the day except for TTD which also had enormous crowds queuing every time I looked over there. We suffered through SV’s wait at noon but skipped TTD today since we got on it last night. Got on a heck of a lot of rides at a leisurely pace and am hoping for another nice day tomorrow.

We did the Monster Jam monster truck ride and it was a riot! It’s free and the ride itself was a unique experience. They did a good job with the course I thought, especially considering the small area they had to work with.

The acrobatic show Vertical Impact by Iron Dragon was changed up a bit this year for the better. Improved music and stunts over last year.

We ate at Hugo’s and had a great meal for lunch. Highly recommend the chicken parm sub and the tiramisu. My ride partner had a meatball sub and liked it.

Happy CoasterMania Day to everyone who is attending! I’m attempting to attach some pics from last night and today.

1492C410-1E25-4F91-8D61-6A92F92EDA17.thumb.jpeg.56825e210f86d060c3462b123f09b73e.jpeg

Beach

906CD24D-79FF-47F1-8DC0-6C24BD94A234.thumb.jpeg.2485ccf09aac73e704ca5316a6806368.jpeg

View from the room this AM. It was cloudy and cold. Later in the afternoon it got really hot and sunny.

9A6E41D8-8DC3-4F9C-9AB2-3295867759C6.thumb.jpeg.35c0ad61d7109c9a1b6f4fe8ff791f65.jpeg

Someone encountered some bugs...

9B5B2392-46C8-4F87-AD7E-761A628EB6AA.thumb.jpeg.73768941230b9b01186b29b9533d9e1d.jpeg

It’s still my favorite ride anywhere

A882A1D4-304A-459F-A69B-501BB77C9402.thumb.jpeg.e19536ba6e003a148990a26ec089b1fa.jpeg

Snaggged this and something else for CoasterBill

B9CE5468-5651-4235-A3EE-8CDE738A7497.thumb.jpeg.6573228063dccc65a37ea814a5aa2ac0.jpeg

Millennium Force. Enough said!

C5736C3C-74EF-4F32-9356-475F84336342.thumb.jpeg.7d049bb1d38f438535ed4053ad79b214.jpeg

We missed the actual sunset but saw the pink clouds from the beach. I caught this when we got back to the room!

D8641B32-DA1C-4C4A-976F-440DBCD0A8E8.thumb.jpeg.ceb7e77078c5f9fbd0c807c530ea09d8.jpeg

Ferris wheel looking delightful

Have a great time, at CoasterMANIA! everybody who's going to it this weekend.

I've only been to CP twice (the first time for Coastermania!). . but each trip was 3 days, and I have TONS of pics on Cedar Downs.

I love that damn thing

IMG_5373.thumb.JPG.530c37753dc1724ff0ca414a1b00a1af.JPG

IMG_5481.thumb.JPG.26ae93d4075924feed576e653d9de543.JPG

IMG_1908.thumb.JPG.785aca8777ad4026185ab8dcc884999f.JPG

and since I'm posting pics of Cedar Downs, and Liz just posted! (Hi Liz)

seriously, it's my favorite flat in the park. . would be happy just riding it over and over.

IMG_1904.thumb.JPG.3fa926c79b48d7c4d18b8ac17ced825c.JPG

IMG_1903.thumb.JPG.d28fa9de6220729a07669a53b74b1670.JPG

IMG_5418.thumb.JPG.b616b1c2c5686b98a84494d9f145da6d.JPG

Sure thing, Bill! Other people on here have helped me get stuff from parks before so I’m glad to pay it forward in that sense.

Bert - I love those pics of us so much!! Thanks for posting them and making me smile! We had such an awesome time hanging out with you (and you too Canadian Bill) and it’s hard to believe that was 2 years ago already. Also hard to believe I still have not been able to participate in CoasterMania despite seeming to frequently be here over the event weekend LOL. Too many curve balls in my life but one of these days I’ll get on that darn peninsula cruise!

Crowds are reasonable today. Did buy FL+ when we were sure SV would open (around noon......again) and it had a steady 2 hour line the whole day. Running steadily with 3 trains and no use of the MCBR.

FL was between 20-30 minutes the whole time......but right now (6.20 pm) the FL line is like 5 minutes at most.

The only rides we really needed FL was SV , Maverick, Valravn and TTD but I would have bought it just for SV.

Wondering about this with FL on SV... We were there Monday and Tuesday of this week and the regular line for SV was 2 to 2 1/2 hours the whole time, but we waited around an hour every time in the FL line (except getting in the line 10 minutes after closing on Monday it was more like 30 minutes). There were running 2 and 3 trains, but the third train never once made a difference.

Anyway, just wondering about the FL line, how far back did it go? For us it was back to the last turn in the line and it took about an hour. They were filling 4 rows each train for the FL line, and 8 rows from the regular line. I'm wondering if things have since changed.

Just to give some more data points on this, we were there on Memorial Day last week. Checked in to Breakers around 10:30am and they gave us a room immediately! So that was awesome. Probably entered the park around 11:30 and as soon as I realized everything was running, went straight to a gift shop to buy FL+ with the Platinum discount.

Anyway, SV seemed to be 90-120 every time we saw it. I guess we got lucky because (though I didn't time it), I feel like we never waited more than 10-15 minutes. For reference, the FL+ line was around the bottom of the stairs. Granted, we did walk by once and it reached that first turn as mentioned above. Also, they were running 3 trains and it double stacked every time. They seemed to not care about zipper pockets. Everything had to be out. At the same time, it's not like they actually checked your pockets. The next day, SV seemed to open around noon.

I think it's been mentioned 100 times, but how did they deal with sun glasses? I really don't want to put them in my cargo pockets, although they're getting close to the end of their life cycle. If we have to get a lckker, whatever. It will probably be less of a pain that way.

Sunday weather is looking pretty good, except we're definitely going to have to find a TV for the past few hours to watch our St. Louis Blues have a chance at winning the Stanley Cup. Bad timing. Monday has 100% chance of rain. Worse timing.

As ridiculous as it may sound to many, I just hope the lines are long enough to justify a FL+, unless they're walk-on.

I think it's been mentioned 100 times, but how did they deal with sun glasses? I really don't want to put them in my cargo pockets, although they're getting close to the end of their life cycle. If we have to get fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo, whatever. It will probably be less of a pain that way.

Sunday weather is looking pretty good, except we're definitely going to have to find a TV for the past few hours to watch our St. Louis Blues have a chance at winning the Stanley Cup. Bad timing. Monday has 100% chance of rain. Worse timing.

As ridiculous as it may sound to many, I just hope the lines are long enough to justify a FL+, unless they're walk-on.

If your glasses have a strap you can wear them (and yes they do check on SV, every time).

I think finding a good place to watch the game is more important. It will be a historic day. Go Blues!

I usually take crappy $10 sunglasses to parks and throw them in my pocket. On Millennium Force and Dragster they couldn't have a bin even if they tried and I never see people putting them to the side on the other rides either (aside from the ones with bins).

You could also get one of those bright red Cedar Point sunglasses straps, but a bright red Cedar Point sunglasses strap is the most enthusiast-y thing that anyone could ever own. It's the mark of the beast.

^ I thought so too until I saw an ACE glasses strap. At least there's a chance the person at Cedar Point is your average Joe Schmo and just really wants to wear your glasses. There's 0 chance a non-enthusiast would have a strap for the American Coaster Enthusiasts.

Sun glasses straps are the gateway drug to fanny packs. I'd rather squint all day. I may just try out the all day lckker thing and see how it works out. There will be four of us. You can basically move your stuff around to all the individual lckker stations, right? I'm not sure how it works. Do you get a pin or card to scan? Is it a pain in the ass?

I think finding a good place to watch the game is more important. It will be a historic day. Go Blues!

I can't remember for sure, but doesn't Melt have televisions? I'm pretty sure the bar at Breakers did.

If you don't want to wear them on the ride, you can put your sunglasses in the pouch on SV, and come to think of it I'm pretty sure they will let you put them down your shirt on most of the other coasters, including MF and TTD. My girlfriend has the Cedar Point strap because when we went last year she needed one and that's what they were selling. She loves coasters but I wouldn't ever say she's an enthusiast.

As for TV's in Melt, you'd think I would remember because I ate there on Monday. I believe they had TVs but I'm not sure.