TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Yes you can! I have done so in the past with Platinum Passes from Worlds of Fun and Kings Island, and all the benefits have worked chainwide, including at Cedar Point.

Cedar Fair's Platinum Pass is equivalent to the highest tier season pass at every single park in the chain. It's awesome.

Yes you can! I have done so in the past with Platinum Passes from Worlds of Fun and Kings Island, and all the benefits have worked chainwide, including at Cedar Point.

Cedar Fair's Platinum Pass is equivalent to the highest tier season pass at every single park in the chain. It's awesome.

Thanks! If I was to go on a Monday or Tuesday in a couple of weeks, how long could the wait for SV be on an average day that time of the year with good weather with/without a fast lane pass?

It’s going to hit 1.5-2.5 hours daily. This week it hit 90 every day and it’s the slowest week of the year.

Damn! Makes sense I guess. What about with fast lane plus? Is the merge point pretty far back?

The merge point isn't the issue, but sometimes they need to let it back up a bit if a ton of people show up at once. There are times where the Fastlane line can be 30-40 minutes, though it's often much shorter and pretty hit-or-miss throughout the day. Maverick is the same way.

Either way, it's much better than standby.

The nice thing about Steel Vengeance's FastLane line is that they do have a wait time posted out front for it. When I went last year, it was while they had only 2 trains. But they were letting about a half train's worth of FastLane people every other train.

Thanks! If I was to go on a Monday or Tuesday in a couple of weeks, how long could the wait for SV be on an average day that time of the year with good weather with/without a fast lane pass?

No idea--I haven't been at this time of year since Steel Vengeance was built--but I will say that I have never, not once, regretted the purchase of a Fast Lane Plus at Cedar Point. It is always worth it.

No idea--I haven't been at this time of year since Steel Vengeance was built--but I will say that I have never, not once, regretted the purchase of a Fast Lane Plus at Cedar Point. It is always worth it.

Cool, it would be $65 the day i'm there with the platinum pass discount, doesn't seem unreasonable if there's 2 hour waits on the big rides

Great yeah get it then. You'll have to buy it in park to get the discount, just show your platinum pass to the gift shop attendant and they'll ring you up. If you're even considering Fast Lane, this trip is special enough to you to justify it.

I was at the park for an hour last night after driving in from Buffalo, I was amazed by how dead the place was, since i’m NEVER at the park this early in the season.

I rode Mille twice, the “magic gate” was open, and then did SV with only a 45 minute wait.

I’m going back today, about to leave, hoping for light crowds!!

Hold up, are you saying that with a platinum pass you've been able to get FL+ for the price of regular FL at Kings Island? Or that with a platinum pass from Kings Island and Worlds of Fun you've been able to get FL+ for the price of regular FL at Cedar Point?

Kings Dominion is the only one I have tried it at, and they do NOT offer FL+ at the regular FL price with the Platinum pass.

Went to Cedar Point yesterday and had a great day! Very short lines, rain held off, everything was open for most of the day and running pretty good ops for so early in the season. I also tried out the Ride Force app from this thread and got some decent result. (From what I've seen the app has potential but isn't flawless yet) anyway starting from the top:

IMG_1365.thumb.JPG.239128e8d3d6132a12ac4feb6f55fc00.JPG

I just like how you see the pre-lift airtime hills! (Measured from the on-ride pocket)

IMG_1366.thumb.JPG.c4131faccfca8598e2052533a7b1b9c2.JPG

I got a better sample from my watch but the I accidentally deleted it, the G's are pretty sustained for Maverick.

IMG_1367.thumb.JPG.36c911ebd1aa59f01f770272aebb32c5.JPG

Just thought this graph turned out sick hah.

IMG_1368.thumb.JPG.87b3c6009ca5eac90b3fd11488279e90.JPG

The app sometimes records too much (including me getting off which led to the weird airtime calculation)

IMG_1369.thumb.JPG.fa9007e39719a184348851857a687c05.JPG

Same as gemini but hey its pretty cool seeing the the G's for the Tophat!

IMG_1370.thumb.JPG.4767be612e8d99bddf85d99aae044b85.JPG

Looks like a weaker Raptor tbh

IMG_1371.thumb.JPG.a4c2030854dc0b209252545ba9e4e926.JPG

HOLY Gs

IMG_1372.thumb.JPG.3edc40c9b982eb245a88e45a8fb1b1f4.JPG

Honestly pretty good airtime

IMG_1373.thumb.JPG.8c858708394f3b92e8805607936c681f.JPG

You know what? Valravn has some nice airtime too, shame the new B&M restraints are so restrictive...

IMG_1375.thumb.jpg.91313eee68a91d029c541fd713708a81.jpg

Magnum and Corkscrew both can't be opened because they crash every time.

Now for the issues: I wasn't running the phone app for Millennium, and the Watch app crashed after I recorded it on there, Iron Dragon and Cedar Creek weren't strong enough to trigger the phone app (hah) and the location/jostling of the rides led to some weird results, especially on my watch. (It read +13Gs after Raptor before it crashed). Hope you guys enjoy these results as much as I do. (Also i wish there were spoilers to cut down on the spaminess of the pics.)

Going back to the FL+ discount topic I also was declined the discount at Knott's when I tried. It has only been a perk offered at CP to my knowledge.

Knott’s only has one Fast Lane tier. But yeah, I’ve only seen the FL+ discount offered at CP, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. The park is absolutely PACKED. I had to drive to a restaurant off-site because literally every single food line is at least an hour. On the plus side, I got stuck on Valravn’s brake run for 20 minutes and got a skip-the-line pass as payment for being choked by those vest restraints for so long. Valravn has been closed since this incident.

Wow. The park is absolutely PACKED. I had to drive to a restaurant off-site because literally every single food line is at least an hour. On the plus side, I got stuck on Valravn’s brake run for 20 minutes and got a skip-the-line pass as payment for being choked by those vest restraints for so long. Valravn has been closed since this incident.

Canadian long weekend, wonder how much traffic comes from north of the border

Ouch, we were planning on going today. Looks like that would have been a mess.

Does anyone know how crowds usually are in the middle of June? We would be going on weekdays. Also, how bad does Steel Vengeance's line get on slower days? Is Fastlane worth it on slower days if we'd have two full days in the park?

Or that with a platinum pass from Kings Island and Worlds of Fun you've been able to get FL+ for the price of regular FL at Cedar Point?

This one.

Whatever a park offers to its own highest-tier season passholders, those are extended to a Platinum passholder from any park in the chain. What those benefits are varies from park to park, but whatever they are, you get 'em.

Thanks for the clarifying question.

Had a short-ish day at the park today. We never go on Saturdays so it was a more crowded than we typically see this time of year, but definitely nothing like a summer day. Was definitely a FastLane kind of day, but not in the cards for us today. Rode Steel Vengeance twice and it was running amazingly and flying through the end of the course, Maverick twice, Skyhawk, Dragster (this was a tough line... got in line at 10:10am but due to winds it kept rolling back and they were only loading first 3 rows for a long while) -- ended up waiting about 1.5 hrs despite getting there 10 minutes after opening (only the first set of switchbacks was full and that's how long it took... behind us it looked like the ENTIRE queue was filling up). They did eventually start loading more more rows, but then went back down to less again.

Magnum and Gemini both had lines like I've never seen before (we usually only go Sundays in the slow season so normally they are 10min wait max). We didn't even go to the front half of the park (my wife can't do all the rides right now, and I wasn't going to wait after looking at the app times) -- I'll get to them later in the year with FastLane and stay at the park longer or when I have a buddy.

Miss Keets (SP?) BBQ place changed up their menu this year, only 4 things: sausage (I didn't care for it), smoked wings (these looked white, soggy and gross but I didn't have them), turkey leg (a la carte only), and pork ribs. The ribs were tasty but I would definitely hit up Famous Dave's or the new BBQ place next time.

Had a fun time in Frontier Town all day! Millennium Force, Raptor, Gemini, Magnum, Gatekeeper, etc will all have to wait for another visit.