TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Also new this year... Magnum now has yellow padding on the lap bars. It’s clearly there just to make it easier for the operators to see, but I’m sure it’ll be a more comfortable ride for a lot of people. Personally, I tighten my seatbelt on it so I never really have thigh discomfort, but I still welcome this change!

As someone who doesn't have much success with the seat belt trick, this is very interesting and exciting news. Can't wait to see some pictures and more reports!

Side point/rant from the discussion... but why do these little park enthusiasts fb pages insist on plastering their photos with more then one watermark. It just screams I posted it first!! Sorry just had to vent for a second.

There was a bunch of drama where apparently another site apparently stole their picture and posted the same thing, but yes like you said really does scream I was here first look at me type vibes.

There are more and more and more web pages and youtube channels popping up hoping to be the next TPR or Coaster Studios, and they are both protecting ownership of the photos they do the work to get, and trying to drive traffic to their page or channel. If I was going to go through the effort to take the pictures and videos and everything for my page it would bother me if someone used it without crediting me, or even worse, cropped my photo credit off the bottom of the image or something.

There are more and more and more web pages and youtube channels popping up hoping to be the next TPR or Coaster Studios, and they are both protecting ownership of the photos they do the work to get, and trying to drive traffic to their page or channel. If I was going to go through the effort to take the pictures and videos and everything for my page it would bother me if someone used it without crediting me, or even worse, cropped my photo credit off the bottom of the image or something.

Yeah, I notice a lot of pop-up Instagram accounts and YouTube channels that just rip off somebody else. You get your oddball-spam YouTube channels with TPR videos being misused now and then, but there are some (I suspect) kids who aren't aware of copyright and attempt to build a social media presence with no original work.

I haven't seen the egregious watermarks that were mentioned -- maybe they have become obnoxious, I don't know -- but I don't blame someone for wanting to protect their images and videos.

The Watermark he's talking about is on the previous page of this thread. I understand protecting your work idk just seems like a bit much. There's a watermark on the bottom and a watermark down the center of the photo as well.

The Watermark he's talking about is on the previous page of this thread. I understand protecting your work idk just seems like a bit much. There's a watermark on the bottom and a watermark down the center of the photo as well.

Hah, oh I see it now. Yeah, that's a bit too in-your-face for my liking.

IMO watermarks like that are not about "protecting your image" it's about "insecurity." Meaning someone just HAS to show to the world that they have the "first' picture of something and they want to make DAMN SURE everyone knows who it is. I personally laugh my ass off at stupid crap like that.

Congratulations, you were the first person with a picture of a "sign." If your overall content is good, people will know where it came from or link to it. And you can always use a small tiny watermark that doesn't distract from the actual image. That just looks like pure crap to me.

Don't look now, but Cedar Point might have all of their coasters open for opening day for the first time in probably half a decade. It's Ohio State day and they've all operated at some point with the exception of Dragster which is apparently testing but closed for commissioning.

A pre-season blog post from Tony has this nugget:

Ride wait time reporting is improved. We didn't talk about it much over the winter, but behind the scenes, we've been working on improving how our ride wait times are reported to you through our FREE mobile app. Without getting into detail, this season, they should be more reliable and accurate, all thanks to your feedback from last season.

Don't look now, but Cedar Point might have all of their coasters open for opening day for the first time in probably half a decade. It's Ohio State day and they've all operated at some point with the exception of Dragster which is apparently testing but closed for commissioning.

SV went down after only a couple cycles and hasn't opened since. So we'll see lol

Rides will break constantly at the beginning of the season but at least the rides are all ready to operate this year (assuming they certify Dragster today).

Plus it might reopen... it’s Cedar Point.

You got that right lol. God I love this park.

Oh and Bill, Skyride is open.

^ Excellent! Who needs Steel Vengeance?

So Steel Vengeance got stuck on the midcourse on a cold day, they evaced it, sent it back empty and it’s still closed like 8 hours later? Out of curiosity did anyone happen to notice how many trains were in the station / transfer area later in the day? Asking for a friend.

Edited by coasterbill

^ Excellent! Who needs Steel Vengeance?

So Steel Vengeance got stuck on the midcourse on a cold day, they evaced it and it’s still closed like 8 hours later? Out of curiosity did anyone happen to notice how many trains were in the station / transfer area later in the day? Asking for a friend.

From what I could tell there was a train in the hold area under the transfer shed, one in the station, and I assume the third was right behind. Before this happened I saw it testing with 3 trains.

Oh and Dragster is about to open for the day at 8:30. God bless this park.

I assume the third was right behind

You know what happens when you assume

I could be wrong but I definitely have a theory based on some stories I’ve heard about dropping empties from the middourse on cold days.

I’m sure they block checked it but they probably block checked it with water dummies.

I could be wrong but I definitely have a theory based on some stories I’ve heard about dropping empties from the middourse on cold days.

I’m sure they block checked it but they probably block checked it with water dummies.

I saw two posts on other sites saying Steel Vengeance valleyed when they resumed testing.

I saw two posts on other sites saying Steel Vengeance valleyed when they resumed testing.

I couldn't tell one way or the other. They had the path closed off at the train tracks. I guess I'll find out pretty soon this morning.

It’s likely going to be open today if that’s all it was... though assuming the train that valleyed was the empty train that left the midcourse from a stop (probably) they also need to make sure that doesn’t happen again which probably isn’t possible if the middourse is a functional block.

What’s involved in doing that I really don’t know, and anyone who does won’t post about it anyway.

I’m also speculating pretty hard right now (though this ride has had this problem since day one so I’m not really going out on a limb either).