TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'm looking at spending 3 days at Cedar Point this summer, probably a Thursday-Saturday towards the end of June. I planned on staying at Hotel Breakers and they have an offer that includes Fast Lane Plus, and essentially free meals and drinks all day, for an extra $400. I've only been to the park once and that was back in 2011. I figure the lines will be pretty long since it will be the middle of summer and it isn't a stretch for me to budget that extra $400, but I was wondering if you guys had any thoughts or advice?

Thanks in advance!

is the Fastlane+ good for all 3 days?

if yes, jump on it immediately.

that it includes meals and drinks is a great savings too, but if FL+ is for all 3 days? it's a steal, grab it.

and as a Hotel Breaker's guest, you get early entry too.

Yup, the Fastlane+ is for all 3 days. I'm really looking forward to going back, last time I was there in 2011 I only spent a day and a half at the park and didn't have fastlane, so I was wanting to go all out for this trip!

Isn't that Memorial Day Weekend? Buy the Fast Lane Plus, but be prepared to make choices if you're only there for a half day.

Oh yikes, you're right... I guess Friday would make the most sense then. That's set in stone now I guess.

It's probably possible if Dragster doesn't break and it's not mildly breezy or raining.

Will you be there for opening / closing or just a chunk out of the middle of the day?

Probably the middle of the day till closing. Ballpark guess is I'll get there around 3:00 ish, so that gives me about six hours.

Also yeah, I've heard horror stories about Dragster's downtime. It's pretty far up on my bucket list, but it won't be the end of the world if I don't get on then. I think the 100% need-to-do-or-I'm-gonna-be-sad is SV, Millennium, and Maverick. That seems reasonable, right? I'm definitely doing Fast Lane Plus, but I'm also curious about the single rider policy... could that be beneficial?

Even with Fast Lane Plus, you're gonna have a tough time succeeding at your goal in half a day TBH. It isn't impossible but phew. Good luck buddy.

giphy.gif

Do you have a Cedar Fair pass? If so I have some amazing news.

Friday there's an hour of ERT on Millennium Force and Rougarou, Sunday there's an hour on Steel Vengeance and Maverick. ERT starts once the lines run out (so basically Rougarou ERT starts 2 minutes after park close).

Edited by coasterbill

Do you have a Cedar Fair pass? If so I have some amazing news.

Friday there's an hour of ERT on Millennium Force and Rougarou, Sunday there's an hour on Steel Vengeance and Maverick. ERT starts once the lines run out after they close the rides at 10:08 (there's a grace period). So basically Rougarou ERT starts at like 10:09.

That sounds incredible. I'm gonna live like four hours away from Carowinds soon, so I may snag a Platinum Pass while I'm at it. Thanks for the tip!

I can't imagine just going to CP for a few hours and just doing a handful of rides. Sounds like torture.

You're telling me.

I actually feel like this is really doable because you'll have 7ish hours of park time plus ERT.

Don't buy Fastlane until you actually get to the park and process the pass since there's a huge discount with a Platinum Pass and they need to scan the pass. Even with Fastlane when you get in just ignore everything in the front of the park because by 8:00 Raptor, Gatekeeper and Wicked Twister will all be walk-ons.

I'd probably just head in and make my way to Frontiertown (that may or may not involve riding the Sky Ride). If Dragster is open then ride it on the way. If not then go the other way and hit Millennium on the way. If Valravn is running maybe hit that too since it's a laughably unreliable dive coaster and it's line won't die down later like the other rides up front. Save the smaller priority rides like Rougarou and Magnum until you hit the big ones though (especially since Rougarou will have a grand total of six people riding it for ERT).

If you're making good time and you've hit the big ones then hit Gemini if you're in the area because Fastlane dumps you into the station immediately and you'll never wait more than one or two trains with Fastlane even if it's totally packed. I know it's not on your list but it's the best Fastlane ride... the best.

I noticed this in the Windseeker page on the park's website: "NOTE: This attraction is not scheduled to be open during HalloWeekends." Is this new or has CP closed Windseeker during Halloweekends in the past?

WindseekerCP.thumb.JPG.de3fd82bb8f14263881d0b6d31e622e7.JPG

What's the best order to do SteVe, Maverick, TTD, MF, Valravyn, and Gatekeeper to minimize wait times if going on a Monday in late May or early June? And is there early entry if you stay onsite or have a platinum pass, or is it just a weekend thing that time of year? Calender says open 10-8pm. Thanks!

There’s early entry every day and all of those rides are open for it except for Dragster.

Enter through the resort gate and hit Steel Vengeance first followed immediately by Maverick. After that it doesn’t really matter but save Gatekeeper (and Raptor) for later since they’re busiest early in the day. Ride Dragster early on if you see it open with guests since it’s going to break down constantly.

There’s early entry every day and all of those rides are open for it except for Dragster.

Enter through the resort gate and hit Steel Vengeance first followed immediately by Maverick. After that it doesn’t really matter but save Gatekeeper (and Raptor) for later since they’re busiest early in the day. Ride Dragster early on if you see it open with guests since it’s going to break down constantly.

Thanks! Do a lot of people take advantage of that early hour entry? Or if you show up at the regular opening time are can you still get a couple walk on rides or station waits before lines start forming? Probably going on a Monday if that changes anything

One more question, is there a reason not to buy a platinum pass at canada's wonderland? it's $218 CAD instead of $218 USD. Even after 15% tax that's $180 USD, pretty good savings, adds up for a family. And the website says "Photo ID card can be processed at any Cedar Fair park"? Am I missing something?

Thanks! Do a lot of people take advantage of that early hour entry? Or if you show up at the regular opening time are can you still get a couple walk on rides or station waits before lines start forming? Probably going on a Monday if that changes anything

I don't expect the park to be crowded but the line for Steel Vengeance will still be 60-90 minutes if you show up at 10:00.

If you don't take advantage of early entry then you're insane.

One more question, is there a reason not to buy a platinum pass at canada's wonderland? it's $218 CAD instead of $218 USD. Even after 15% tax that's $180 USD, pretty good savings, adds up for a family. And the website says "Photo ID card can be processed at any Cedar Fair park"? Am I missing something?

Nope, it doesn't matter. Two years ago I bought online through Cedar Point's website but ended up hitting Michigan's Adventure first and processed my pass there. Now two years later, I've renewed twice through Kings Dominion's website but still have the Michigan's Adventure logo on the back of my card.

I don't expect the park to be crowded but the line for Steel Vengeance will still be 60-90 minutes if you show up at 10:00.

If you don't take advantage of early entry then you're insane.

Even on a Monday in early June? It's never dead?