TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

You don't mess with perfection. The only way to improve Millennium Force is to put the dinosaurs back.

Flying past a t-Rex’s head was honestly one of the highlights of that ride for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been on MF countless times and I never noticed a T-Rex head on the island...

Um....what on earth is this??

I'll bet it's the new version of the Battle for Cedar Point that they've done the last couple of years, where people vote for which coaster they like best.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/play/events/monster-jam-thunder-alley

Did this crazy thing... went to Cedar Point's official page.

It's a limited time experience that allows humans to interact with Monster trucks in partnership with Monster Jam. Details can be read at the above link.

Dude!! There's nothing more redneck than monster trucks and I'm stoked about this! I'm not really a fan, but I know that beer and monster trucks go hand in hand. Looks like I'll need to tear my sleeves off and show off my terrible tattoo. I'm going to work on my goatee now and I already have my cheap sunglasses to rest on the bill of my Bud Light cap.

Looks like it'll be at Kings Dominion and Dorney too. Wonder if it'll be a super-tame course with no actual jumps or wheelies like the monster truck ride along in Wildwood.

I know it's beating a dead horse by this point, but I really hate Cedar Fair's fast lane system. More power to them for having it in place, but it makes the visit significantly worse for those who didn't purchase an add on to their ticket.

It would be like buying a ticket to a sporting or theater event that has an obstructed view and being told you could have a better view if you just purchase this add on to your ticket that costs more than your initial ticket did. You're still kind of having the experience, just something is there interfering with you fully enjoying the experience.

I know there are Fast Lane users here and I've got nothing against you, the system exists, and if you're willing to use it you should. My issue is just the way that it is implemented by Cedar Fair

::End Rant::

^I mean... that's the entire point of Fast Lane. They want you to buy it.

I mean, non-obstructed seats at a show DO cost more...

True but my preference would be to go to a stadium where there aren't obstructed seats at all (continuing the sporting event example)

Like I said, no complaint to those who buy it, I just wish Cedar Fair would change how they run their system. I know however since they've done it like this it would be very difficult to do it any other way (not that they would actually want to).

I just wish Cedar Fair would change how they run their system

Can I ask what you don't like about Cedar Fair's system? I don't have a ton of experience with line skip systems at different parks as I don't get to nearly as many parks as many of you do, but I like Cedar Fair's system. You're dumped in with everyone else before boarding so you don't have to steal someone's seat on the next train or have your seat stolen on the next train. I have had line skip passes in my pocket at my home six flags that i've just not used because I would rather wait an extra 10 or 15 minutes than feel like an ass. There's no signing in for your next ride or anything, just go in the dedicated entrance and then queue in the station or get bundled into the line with everyone else. Wish it was that way everywhere.

I just wish Cedar Fair would change how they run their system

Can I ask what you don't like about Cedar Fair's system? I don't have a ton of experience with line skip systems at different parks as I don't get to nearly as many parks as many of you do, but I like Cedar Fair's system. You're dumped in with everyone else before boarding so you don't have to steal someone's seat on the next train or have your seat stolen on the next train. I have had line skip passes in my pocket at my home six flags that i've just not used because I would rather wait an extra 10 or 15 minutes than feel like an A$$. There's no signing in for your next ride or anything, just go in the dedicated entrance and then queue in the station or get bundled into the line with everyone else. Wish it was that way everywhere.

Here is the basic difference between the Sig Flags Flash Pass vs the Cedar Fair Fast Lane Plus

Fast Lane Plus:

Concept: Wait less (skip the line)

Unlimited Rides on everything

Wait depends on ride, normally about 20% of normal wait

Flash Pass:

Concept: Spend your wait time elsewhere

Only one ride on select attractions

(Other parks mainly have a much more restricted policy as to how many times you can use your "fast lane" style pass)

My issue with fast pass isn't that you can purchase a premium experience, it's that the premium experience directly effects the non premium visitors

This won't prevent me from visiting of course, it's just my minor annoyance that came out today as Cedar Point announced their plan to take your $200 season pass and encourage you to pay $800+ more for unlimited line skipping.

The same thing happens with Six Flags, SEAS, or any other skip-the-line system. They're all designed to put the premium customers on the ride before the non-premium customers. Six Flags system doesn't require the same wait time (see the upper tiers of Flash Pass) or limit the rides on other than brand-new rides (which CF also does at some parks, see Volcano at KD until last year), and some skip the line systems put people up the exit ramp, which is inherently more "unfair" than the Cedar Fair system, which sometime has the merge points far back in the queue (see Millennium Force).

I get it that you have gripes about the "unfariness" of skip-the-line systems (I used to think the same way but nowadays can't be bothered with lines and bought the season Fast Lane at Kings Dominion), but don't see why CFs is any worse in your mind than any others.