TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Last night I booked my hotel for my CP trip! I'm staying 4 days, 3 nights. I plan on going to the park 2 days, are there any other things I should look into in the area? Thanks!

Battery park is a nice place to get great pics of the park.

Ghostly Manor thrill center is your typical children's party place but it has a killer haunted house inside of it for some reason

Then of course theres Kalahari which can be fun even if you dont do the waterpark.

Put-in-Bay or Kelleys Island is easily accessible via Ferry from Sandusky, although the Jet Express can be a little pricey. It is fast. If you have a car you can drive to Catawba or Marblehead for a bit cheaper rate.

Kelleys Island Ferry

Miller Ferry to Put-in-Bay

Jet Express

The Marblehead Peninsula has East Harbor State Park with a decent beach and some hiking trails. It is a little bit of a drive from Sandusky but it's cool to check out.

Huron has a long pier that you can walk down, you get a good view of Cedar Point, especially at night.

Huron Pier

Also as Bluestreak mentioned above, Sandusky has a nice little waterfront/downtown area. You can walk around the marinas and there are some decent bars/restaurants to check out.

My friend sent me a pic of Buckethead playing at The National in Richmond, VA and it seems his promo photo for the show has a mural of what looks like to be Valravn (maybe Griffon) in the background... I'm thinking Valravn because Intamin track is in the background too which could be MF. HAHA, anyway I thought it was pretty funny and interesting.

Buckethead.thumb.jpg.4c167a3fb32468fe536edf43262e31cb.jpg

Buckethead's promo photo for the concert at The National tonight in Richmond, VA

Is it just me - or are the second and third live cam switched? On the Main Midway Camera I see the freeze pic of the Power Tower West Camera and vice versa. If I click on them, they are correct.

Yes, it's off season. And I'm a gazillion miles away.

Unbenannt.thumb.png.58390bf680de71d1a1ae23488d372c8b.png

The Marblehead Peninsula has East Harbor State Park with a decent beach and some hiking trails. It is a little bit of a drive from Sandusky but it's cool to check out.

My family and I have been going to East Harbor State Park for years! It's a great park, with bike and hiking trails, pet friendly, and kept really clean (for a park). Last year the beach was a little underwhelming as sand had been lost to storms and there seemed like more trash than normal. Other than that, this is an AWESOME park. It's less than 30 minute drive to CP from there, so not bad at all.

Is it just me - or are the second and third live cam switched? On the Main Midway Camera I see the freeze pic of the Power Tower West Camera and vice versa. If I click on them, they are correct.

ok

Yes, it's off season. And I'm a gazillion miles away.

Yeah!! They've been switched around for a week or two now I dunno why. I don't like it

There's a crane on the overbank of Millennium Force right now.

Well I hope this doesn't mean that Millie has maintenance problems again, as she was quite temperamental during 2018...

You don't mess with perfection. The only way to improve Millennium Force is to put the dinosaurs back.

Flying past a t-Rex’s head was honestly one of the highlights of that ride for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's make even more RMC jokes about every coaster. It's really funny.

Okay!

Flying past a t-Rex’s head was honestly one of the highlights of that ride for me.

Well, you could put T-Rex track on Millennium Force and put even more T-Rexes next to the ride and rename it T-Rex Force.

There bringing the overbank to Kings Dominion and trading it with I305's first turn
RMC Millie 2020?
That is the same crane RMC uses!
]Well, you could put T-Rex track on Millennium Force and put even more T-Rexes next to the ride and rename it T-Rex Force.

I'm surprised we've gone this far without mentioning boats.