TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Maybe its because I live in a major east coast metropolitan area where we can get actual, real quality non-Olive Garden Italian food that its something I can't imagine many parks could pull off? We know most parks are not making gravy from scratch, and that's a problem. It's like the sushi place at Great Adventure... I would laugh at anyone for even considering buying sushi from a Six Flags. But on top of that Italian food is just generally so heavy... I can't imagine eating a bunch of spaghetti and then wanting to do anything other than sleep.

Yeah, being from the northeast automatically makes you a pizza and italian food douche.

I'm the same way. We live in a frozen wintry hellscape for 3 months out of the year, taxes are astronomical and the traffic is atrocious so you better believe that when there's finally something we can gloat about (Italian food) I don't mind doing it. I have no interest in eating pizza or italian food from any American theme park not owned by Disney or the DelGrosso or Knoebel family (edit: I didn't even see Canobie's post until after I said the exact same thing ).

Italian food at Cedar Point would consist of someone opening up an instutional sized can of Chef Boyardee. I do not want this to happen.

I'm thinking Midway Market isn't going to change all that much. Maybe they are updating the decor. I would appreciate update in the quality of the food, but I'm betting it will stay at it's current Golden Corral levels.

Okay okay.. no need to bad mouth Golden Corral. I would actually love if Midway Market could come close to the quality at Golden Corral!

I went to Golden Corral once. Never again.

And this is from someone who loves Old Country Buffet. So clearly I have a low bar.

Not if you're in Central Pennsylvania at Knoebels or DelGrosso's.

...or Canobie! The spaghetti there was amazing.

I'm assuming you got it at the Portofino Restaurant? They used to have very good food 10 years ago, but I've noticed their quality went way down since. That used to be my go to restaurant at the park. Now, I won't even eat there.

Maybe its because I live in a major east coast metropolitan area where we can get actual, real quality non-Olive Garden Italian food that its something I can't imagine many parks could pull off? We know most parks are not making gravy from scratch, and that's a problem. It's like the sushi place at Great Adventure... I would laugh at anyone for even considering buying sushi from a Six Flags. But on top of that Italian food is just generally so heavy... I can't imagine eating a bunch of spaghetti and then wanting to do anything other than sleep.

I completely agree with you here, but the NE doesn't have a monopoly on good Italian food. Chicago and St. Louis both have a long history of Italian immigrants that has created a strong Italian culture in these cities.

When you come to St. Louis, eat at Favazzas. You're welcome.

I don't think the argument was whether the food was good vs great vs palatable... regardless of how good it is, it's just weird to me to eat fast-casual spaghetti in an amusement park. Like... who craves amusement park spaghetti? Obviously some, since they exist. I dunno. Then again I never understood the concept of Fazollis, either.

Dear god I hope golden corral would be better than Midway Market. I haven't been to one since I was a wee lad. Don't plan on changing that anytime soon.

Damn, now I want some Lasagna.

79b1d69456592032b53210db4fb570da.jpg

Not if you're in Central Pennsylvania at Knoebels or DelGrosso's.

...or Canobie! The spaghetti there was amazing.

I'm assuming you got it at the Portofino Restaurant? They used to have very good food 10 years ago, but I've noticed their quality went way down since. That used to be my go to restaurant at the park. Now, I won't even eat there.

That's probably what I mean. The place down on the lake... I thought it was really good. Perhaps I just had a taste for spaghetti.

When you come to St. Louis, eat at Favazzas. You're welcome.

Well, no one ever comes to St. Louis... but yea. Favazzas is great.

I'm also laughing at the use of "quality" and "Golden Corral" in the same thought. Emily and I call it the hog trough.

Haha, right. Hey, I keep pushing Missouri tourism. We need the money.

On that note, how is it that I've never noticed the fact that the ride descriptions on Cedar Point's website are this hilariously wonderful?

Some highlights include:

This fiery beast leaves nothing to the imagination. It gives you everything you love in a coaster and still has you begging for more. Better yet, the Iron Dragon will literally leave you hanging over the Cedar Point Lagoon. Will you swing across or will you dive in? This coaster leaves you second-guessing as it swings side to side over the park and across the water at adrenaline-inducing speeds.

Picture this: You’re walking through a field when a bird of prey dives from the heavens, snatches you up and then proceeds to take you on a terrifying journey to wherever it pleases. That’s how riders will feel while on Raptor, as their feet dangle through 3,790 feet of track filled with a 100-foot vertical loop, two inverted corkscrews, a zero gravity roll and the world’s first ever cobra roll. We’re out of breath just listing it all off. Flying at speeds of 57 m.p.h., riders bob and weave through the sky and are never ready for what’s coming next. Although it’s been joined by other high flying birds since its opening in 1994, it’s still staking claim in the air and protecting its hunting grounds down below.

Can someone be nowhere and everywhere at the same time? That’s what people will be wondering on one of the most disorienting rides ever created - maXair. Being one of only two built of its kind in the United States, this ride will provide more than just one unique feeling. There is no countdown to this 70 mph pendulum, and your guaranteed not to be hypnotized as it swings and rotates. Anyone watching from the sidelines may not be so lucky as the ride swings in a 120-degree path. First, riders sit on outward facing ring of suspended seats. Then they’re swung back and forth on a rampant pendulum while spinning counterclockwise. When peak velocity is reached while upside down 140 feet in the air, riders will experience the rare feeling of total weightlessness. And that’s when they’ll realize the answer to the question of “where am I?” isn’t a physical destination, but a state of mind.

tenor.gif

Pipe Scream still wins though

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/story/201901310016

Another new tactic, debuting for the 2019 season: the Wild Card.

Guests staying in a Cedar Point resort property from May 10 through June 29 can purchase a special Wild Card package. The Cedar Point Wild Card is valid for unlimited Cedar Point admission May 11 through June 30.

Cedar Point Wild Card does not include a drink wristband, admission to Cedar Point Shores, parking, early entry on future visits, season pass benefits or add-on options like dining plans, drink plans, FunPix, etc.

For guests who are on the fence about getting a season pass, the Wild Card program is a sort of test drive to see how much guests might use it.

Though consider this: A one-night stay at the beginning of the season results in a free visit for the next month and a half. That’s a bargain in our mind.