TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'm glad this article used the most recent photo they could of Cedar Point. AP_030601011189_1494265462981_59276408_ver1.0_900_675.jpg

Source: https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/cedar-point-osha-violation

I honestly enjoyed the throwback photo lol! That is what the park looked like the last time I visited.

That had to have been TTD's first year as Iron Dragon still had white supports (its supports were painted yellow in 2004 or 2005)

I hope to be able to write up a full trip report soon, but man, this past Sunday was the best day my son and I have ever had at Cedar Point. Fantastic weather, next to no lines, and free season pass renewal FLPs for those few rides that did sport a line. It was so dead we were able to walk right up to basically any open food register of our choice. Did I miss some sort of memo? Where WAS everyone?

I hope to be able to write up a full trip report soon, but man, this past Sunday was the best day my son and I have ever had at Cedar Point. Fantastic weather, next to no lines, and free season pass renewal FLPs for those few rides that did sport a line. It was so dead we were able to walk right up to basically any open food register of our choice. Did I miss some sort of memo? Where WAS everyone?

Was rain in the forecast?

Was rain in the forecast?

Negative, I live here currently and the forecast was beautiful for the whole weekend. I was pleasantly surprised as well at the crowd level!

As others have mentioned, Sunday's and Friday's in September are prime times to visit because of school, so this isn't all that surprising to me.

I think that on any Halloweekend Saturday that you can pretty much predict that it will be a shit-show in terms of crowds, even if the weather isn't that great. A lot of working people plan on going to the park when they can - and that usually involves travel on Friday and Sunday and spend the day at the park on Saturday.

I have been many times on both Friday evening and Sunday in nice weather in September and the park was dead pretty much every time. Are there times when it could be crowded? Certainly, but lines will likely never be as long on those two weekend days in September as they will be on a Saturday.

Where WAS everyone?

The entire state of Ohio visited the park on Saturday so they probably didn't feel the need to go back the next day.

[attachment=0]IMG_E2537.JPG[/attachment]

It's bad when Magnum and Rougarou, usually walk-ons on most of my trips, were showing an hour wait! Also slightly surprised Steel Vengeance wasn't longer (I saw 2 1/2 hours for it on a weekday in mid-August)

Sad news...

It looks as if all the classic arcade games in the Coliseum arcade have been sold off. This includes all the classic pinball machines like Hercules.

They were all put up for auction, and it ended on the 2nd. This is a real bummer for me. I must have spent hundreds of $$$ on rainy days on those games. Curious to see what they replace them with. I always thought that this space would be perfect for a dark ride of some kind.

^ Aw that's sad to hear about the arcade.

We could have spent hours in there, playing the games and such.

Hope that something(s) just as interesting takes their place(s).

IMG_3785.JPG.17c932a20ddacb40c310ae7bca109b0f.JPG

Bert at Herc. June 2, 2017. Near the end of CoasterMANIA! Day.

Texascoaster89

Negative, I live here currently and the forecast was beautiful for the whole weekend. I was pleasantly surprised as well at the crowd level!

Did you move from Texas?

This weekend is normally the busiest weekend of the year.

I came here for the season and worked a management internship. Then I switched to doing a few other things for the park and that has wrapped up. I've been spending a little free time to play in the park before heading home! It's been an experience I'll never forget!

Sad news...

It looks as if all the classic arcade games in the Coliseum arcade have been sold off. This includes all the classic pinball machines like Hercules.

They were all put up for auction, and it ended on the 2nd. This is a real bummer for me. I must have spent hundreds of $$$ on rainy days on those games. Curious to see what they replace them with. I always thought that this space would be perfect for a dark ride of some kind.

That is sad. They had a decent selection of vintage video games and pinball (even though the machines were not that well maintained). Looks like I had my last visit this year then. That is a big building in a prime real estate location. Wonder what they will do with it.

Texascoaster89

Did you move from Texas?

This weekend is normally the busiest weekend of the year.

Ooof, I'm planning a crazy weekend road trip out this weekend. How bad is it? We'll be at the park all day Saturday, having arrived late Friday, and leaving early Sunday (before park open) We're shooting for 90 minute waits on Non-SteVe flagship coasters. As long as we can get on MF, TTD, Steel Vengeance, Maverick, and Magnum we'll be happy.

^ Aw that's sad to hear about the arcade.

We could have spent hours in there, playing the games and such.

Hope that something(s) just as interesting takes their place(s).

I just played it in August too.

but the truth is most of the classic pinball games along the back were broken when I was just there.

who knows? maybe the back end of the arcade could be made into a walkthru or dark ride of some sort (something CP really needs)

IMG_5368.thumb.JPG.54b17838db2ceafd6b28b0dd207bbeb4.JPG

IMG_5367.thumb.JPG.084a6c4be9f4996f25dac60f2f72c12d.JPG

It'e been over 7 years since I was last at Cedar Point so my buddy and I are heading over next weekend. We're staying at Express Hotel and are getting FL+ for Saturday so we will have early entry too. Would it be wise to spend Friday night at the park as well to get some rides in as I have seen how bad weekends can get or can we get a majority done with FL+ alone on Saturday.