TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

There’s a video on Facebook that confirms it. You see a train in the station, one on the brake run and one that goes by on track.

How is it going to make the line any better? If only one can be on the track as the MCBRIDE isn’t a block, doesn’t tho smear there will just be insane stacking going on?

How is it going to make the line any better? If only one can be on the track as the MCBRIDE isn’t a block, doesn’t tho smear there will just be insane stacking going on?

Dang, I was hoping that was a new word filter.

There’s a video on Facebook that confirms it. You see a train in the station, one on the brake run and one that goes by on track.

They were getting trains out pretty consistently as the other train was navigating the wave turn near the station. There was a noticeable delay before the 2nd train returned, so having the 3rd would definitely have some benefits.

During my visit a month ago, with two trains, dispatches were on average every 2 minutes and 15 seconds, leading to a capacity of 640 pph. I timed about 10 dispatches using the live camera today, and it was an average of 1 minute 50 seconds per dispatch, which leads to a capacity of 785 people per hour. Not THAT much of a difference, but any little increase in capacity would help.

While adding a third train won't lower the dispatch interval, it means that they will be able to hit the dispatch interval more frequently. The downtime between a train being dispatched and the next train entering the station is now eliminated, giving the crew more time to board a train, while still hitting a higher capacity than before.

How is it going to make the line any better? If only one can be on the track as the MCBRIDE isn’t a block

Are you being serious? You know the lift hill is a block right?

One train can be on the lift, one can be on the course and one can be loading. Before they could be standing around waiting for a train to show up for about a minute. Now they can be loading a train.

Have you ever heard of Banshee, Magnum, Leviathan or the tons and tons of other coasters that run three trains without a midcourse serving as a block?

WOW, my phone’s autocorrect is NOT having a good day! I’ve never seen it turn out that bad!

My point was simply that we all know SV has had many issues with the block sections and dispatches and I was just wondering how it would work, as for a while, they couldn’t dispatch until the other train is basically at the brake run.

I'm here now and as others have said, SV is running 3. Raptor was down a lot of last night and down again now.

Coasters are machines...they are going to go down occasionally.

Thanks. I'm not dumb. It was down for a significant amount of time last night then again this morning/afternoon. I thought it was worth noting.

I have a question about Steel Vengeance. I find it more tolerable than other RMCs I've ridden because of two "joystick" like handlebars that extend out of the lap bar. I'm able to use them as leverage and push against them to keep my thighs from slamming into the bar. When I look at older photos of the ride I don't see then anywhere. Were these added recently?

Edited by Pseybert

I'm here now and as others have said, SV is running 3. Raptor was down a lot of last night and down again now.

Thanks. I'm not dumb. It was down for a significant amount of time last night then again this morning/afternoon. I thought it was worth noting.

I have a question about Steel Vengeance. I find it more tolerable than other RMCs I've ridden because of two "joystick" like handlebars that extend out of the lap bar. I'm able to use them as leverage and push against them to keep my thighs from slamming into the bar. When I look at older photos of the ride I don't see then anywhere. Were these added recently?

I honestly barely noticed the grab bars. They serve me no purpose, SV is a hands-up ride!

I honestly barely noticed the grab bars. They serve me no purpose, SV is a hands-up ride!

I wish it we're a "hands up" ride for me. RMCs are the most painful rides I've ever ridden. I came off of the others that I've been on with bruises. So painful. Thank goodness for these handlebars. I hope they add them on the rest of the fleet.

i grabbed those bars once going up the lift hill trying to adjust myself in the seat and ended up stapling myself. last time i touched those handles. lol

also, at least on the new trains, they end up being close to the person next to you, so there's really not a lot of room if both of you are holding on.

Quick question. I was at Cedar Point a few weeks ago and tried the fire and ice festival. I thought the food was really good but noticed how few people were buying it. Same goes for Wonderland when they have their food fests. Any idea why more people don't buy the food?

Do yoy think they may stop having more of these food fests? I know Wonderland didn't have the food truck weekend this year.

Has there been any mention in this thread about the spiders at the park? The queue for Steel Vengeance is something out of a nightmare, especially at night. My wife almost didn't make it through.

I noticed that last week. I was in line at the end of the night (night is when the spiders are much worse) and the lady in front of me actually turned around, and screamed every time a spider moved. I know it’s not pleasant having those over you, but she was being a bit over dramatic, leaving the line after waiting an hour in the switchbacks.

Being married to someone with severe arachnaphobia, I can absolutely respect anyone who freaks out and would leave a line for them. It's the only thing I'm worried about our possible trip to Cedar Point in October. Her best friend at our house when I'm not home is a bug assault. She can kill them without having to get all up on them or touch them.

Has there been any mention in this thread about the spiders at the park? The queue for Steel Vengeance is something out of a nightmare, especially at night. My wife almost didn't make it through.

I noticed that last week. I was in line at the end of the night (night is when the spiders are much worse) and the lady in front of me actually turned around, and screamed every time a spider moved. I know it’s not pleasant having those over you, but she was being a bit over dramatic, leaving the line after waiting an hour in the switchbacks.

I saw two girls leave the SV line because of it, and watched many more get nervous about them. Almost *everyone* was looking at them and talking about them. It was absolutely infested.