TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Steel Vengeance wasn't running right away, if it at all during early entry so we headed over to Millennium Force and got 4 rides in easily with getting to use the magic gate 2x. Great start to the day especially cause it seemed like most people were waiting for Steel Vengeance to start.

Waited maybe 45 mins for Steel Vengeance though I'm sure it's much longer now. Saw a bunch of people get kicked out of the line for having their cell phone on them. One moron even took a photo of the workers name tag cause he was going to go complain about him, I wish I could say I was making it up but people's stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

And now Millennium Force and the magic gate is open. Thank you Steel Vengeance!

Magic Gate?

Dude, you haven't lived. They open this gate from the unload platform that dumps you right back into the queue line immediately outside the station so you basically just get off, walk like 10 feet and then ride again over and over and over until the queue fills past the magic gate (at which time the magic ends).

The Magic Gate was open during night-time ERT at CoasterMania. Back-to-back-to-back night rides on Millennium Force was coaster heaven.

Steel Vengeance wasn't running right away, if it at all during early entry so we headed over to Millennium Force and got 4 rides in easily with getting to use the magic gate 2x. Great start to the day especially cause it seemed like most people were waiting for Steel Vengeance to start.

Waited maybe 45 mins for Steel Vengeance though I'm sure it's much longer now. Saw a bunch of people get kicked out of the line for having their cell phone on them. One moron even took a photo of the workers name tag cause he was going to go complain about him, I wish I could say I was making it up but people's stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

That's like the girl ahead of me on Magnum. She was filming a vertical POV and let go of her phone on the bunny hill before the camera. She somehow caught it as the camera flashed. You'd think you'd quietly walk away but she asked the employee at the photo booth to see the picture and she took a photo of it. So many broken rules and she was yelled at pretty harshly.

Some people’s stupidity never fails to amaze me. As “unfair” as you may feel the rules are, you still need to obey them just like the rest of the world. At Darien Lake, the ride ops don’t care enough to stop people filming with their phones on coasters, so everywhere you look, someone has their phone out. It is a serious safety risk and these people don’t seem to realize that their stupidity could seriously impact someone else’s life.

Rode every coaster except Woodstock Express today. Steel Vengeance is definitely my new favorite coaster. TTD went down for about an hour and I just happened to be walking by when it reopened. I did Corkscrew last and I'm nursing that headache with an IPA at Bait House Brewery, Sandusky's newest (and only?) brewery.

Gemini had to stop on the lift hill for a cell phone. I don't know why they don't just kick those people out of the park instead of only confiscating the phone.

Gemini had to stop on the lift hill for a cell phone. I don't know why they don't just kick those people out of the park instead of only confiscating the phone.

I’ve always thought the punishments should be stricter. Maybe it would finally get people to stop with the “selfies” and “cell phone povs” on the coasters. People need to understand they are risking everybody’s safety while being on their phone “cause it can’t wait a minute when the ride is over”.

So if I theoretically drove through the night tomorrow and camped near Cedar Point I could expect absurd crowds for Labor Day, right? I'm trying to decide if this is a good idea. I'm also trying to finagle a friend to join.

It really isn't that busy on Labor Day itself. The weekend is busy, but labor day isn't usually too bad. Every now and then it's slightly busy but it's definitely a good day to visit.

Even the Labor Day weekend is typically not THAT busy compared to true summer weekends, in my experience (have probably done 4 Labor Day weekends).

So if I theoretically drove through the night tomorrow and camped near Cedar Point I could expect absurd crowds for Labor Day, right? I'm trying to decide if this is a good idea. I'm also trying to finagle a friend to join.

We almost exclusively visit on holiday weekends. You’ll be fine. Do it.

I’ve always thought the punishments should be stricter. Maybe it would finally get people to stop with the “selfies” and “cell phone povs” on the coasters. People need to understand they are risking everybody’s safety while being on their phone “cause it can’t wait a minute when the ride is over”.

My thought on this should be take their phone. You get it back at security at the front gate as you leave. Your hand also gets stamped with a BIG RED X, showing you can't reenter . If you're a season pass holder it's cancelled (no refund), and you cannot come back until next year.

Just rode front row on Millennium with Single Rider Bob and got a commemorative pen.

I saw him on Dragster when I was there a few days ago! I said hi, he’s such a nice guy!

That also reminds me: what is Mean Streak Henry up to now that his ride is gone? Anyone still been seeing him around the park?

It's pretty crowded today, lots of people doing fast lane, not bothering cause we have been here the past few days and don't plan on staying the whole day anyway. Steel Vengeance is at 2 hours so I'm glad we got on that a bunch already and once this morning. Probably ride Millennium Force most of the day now since that line moves quick.

We discovered that Steel Vengeance makes every other ride outside of Frontiertown fantastic for early entry. We were there a couple weeks ago and were able to get 3 rides on Valravn, 1 on MF and were in line for Maverick before the park opened. We also noticed that during this time Raptor was sending mostly empty trains. I think that may be our strategy from now on, since Valravn is such a fun ride but it always pulls such long waits during the day.

We discovered that Steel Vengeance makes every other ride outside of Frontiertown fantastic for early entry. We were there a couple weeks ago and were able to get 3 rides on Valravn, 1 on MF and were in line for Maverick before the park opened. We also noticed that during this time Raptor was sending mostly empty trains. I think that may be our strategy from now on, since Valravn is such a fun ride but it always pulls such long waits during the day.

Steel Vengeance is creating short lines for rides out of FrontierTown all day. I waited only 15 minutes for TTD, 15 for Valravn, and 5 for GateKeeper last Sunday. It’s amazing how much of a difference one ride can make to the lines of all the other coasters.

I have had the best end of the night. I got my last ride on Steel Vengeance and as I was walking out, I saw Magnum running and an attendant by the gate. I figured I'd be told they were closed, but much to my shock there was an hour and a half of ERT for season pass holders on Magnum and Millennium.

That's awesome enough, but I got a trimless Magnum ride at night. And I didn't think that airtime could get out of control.

I saw Single Rider Bob a few times when I was doing Millennium Force during ERT. I didn't know who he was until I read the above comments. I was a single rider all day and one of the people I got paired with was a bald guy, 60ish, who was very enthusiastic and yelling, "Let's go. You're cutting into my ride time." He was also asking Single Rider Bob to open the magic gate when we pulled back into the station. There were two ride ops there and the line was close to being past the gate so Bob kept moving. Was my ride partner a member here?

Also, I went over to Steel Vengeance to snap a few pics. Announcements are blaring non-stop about cell phone policy. A lady tried to enter the queue WHILE talking on her cell phone. When she was stopped and had the rules explained to her at the entrance, she tried to walk away and put her phone in her pocket. She was stopped again and ended up getting a locker. WTF is wrong with people?

Sounds like many of us were there today! I was taking use of my free FL+ for renewing my season pass. I was the guy in the red Cedar Point shirt. Bob is an awesome guy along with this older lady named Kris who rides MF in the front all the time. Both are wonderful people! Today was a great day! Even with how insanely busy the FL lines were.

I have had the best end of the night. I got my last ride on Steel Vengeance and as I was walking out, I saw Magnum running and an attendant by the gate. I figured I'd be told they were closed, but much to my shock there was an hour and a half of ERT for season pass holders on Magnum and Millennium.

That's awesome enough, but I got a trimless Magnum ride at night. And I didn't think that airtime could get out of control.

That's the best Maggie at night with no trims.