TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Quick question about Maverick: has anyone here not liked it and thought it hurts? A couple of my friends got off and said it hirt and they didn’t like it. I was shocked because Maverick is one of the best rides at CP in my opinion. Anyone else felt negatively towards Maverick?

Quick question about Maverick: has anyone here not liked it and thought it hurts? A couple of my friends got off and said it hirt and they didn’t like it. I was shocked because Maverick is one of the best rides at CP in my opinion. Anyone else felt negatively towards Maverick?

I could *barely* (and I mean barely) walk on the last day I was at CP with TPR. . and I rode Maverick during ERT SIX times.

does not hurt at all, as the restraints hit on the shoulders rather than on the legs.

now, that said? some of the transitions can be a little jarring if you aren't prepared for them, but lean into them and smooth as glass.

Edited by bert425

You need better friends.

you might recall that I could *barely* (and I mean barely) walk on that last day. . and I rode Maverick during ERT SIX times.

does not hurt at all, as the restraints hit on the shoulders rather than on the legs.

now, that said? some of the transitions can be a little jarring if you aren't prepared for them, but lean into them and smooth as glass.

That’s how I felt about it. It was a great ride. At the end of the night on Monday I rode it 4 times in a row as it was a 5 minute wait. Yet, half my friends didn’t go on because “it was too painful” which makes no sense to me.

No. But I don't have any friends.

I timed it perfectly today, just had gotten off Rougarou and saw a small line forming, waited maybe 10 mins and they announced it was opening and we got on the second car they sent out, went right back around and got the back row after maybe a 15 min wait. Line was getting large after that so we hit up everything else towards the front of the park which were all walk ons since everyone else was heading to Millennium Force. They were running the blue and yellow trains.

Had a fantastic start to the day too with early entry, got a back row and front row ride on Steel Vengeance in that first hour and headed over to Maverick for a 15 min wait.

We are here for a few days so did the water park as well, we got so much stuff done and we didn't even rush at all. I've been all about buying Fast Lanes when I visit parks that aren't that close but it doesn't seem like it's needed yet and we aren't going crazy with marathoning anything.

Steel Vengeance is absolutely awesome and I'm beyond thrilled to get on Millennium Force since it wasn't looking like it was going to happen this week. After all these years that ride still is absolutely so much god damn fun. I love everything about it.

Steel Vengeance was a walk-on by the end of the night. However, I finally saw Millennium running in the distance so I booked it over. I didn't have enough time for the front, but I think I'll spend some quality time over there during early entry.

I timed it perfectly today, just had gotten off Rougarou and saw a small line forming, waited maybe 10 mins and they announced it was opening and we got on the second car they sent out, went right back around and got the back row after maybe a 15 min wait. Line was getting large after that so we hit up everything else towards the front of the park which were all walk ons since everyone else was heading to Millennium Force. They were running the blue and yellow trains.

Had a fantastic start to the day too with early entry, got a back row and front row ride on Steel Vengeance in that first hour and headed over to Maverick for a 15 min wait.

We are here for a few days so did the water park as well, we got so much stuff done and we didn't even rush at all. I've been all about buying Fast Lanes when I visit parks that aren't that close but it doesn't seem like it's needed yet and we aren't going crazy with marathoning anything.

Steel Vengeance is absolutely awesome and I'm beyond thrilled to get on Millennium Force since it wasn't looking like it was going to happen this week. After all these years that ride still is absolutely so much god damn fun. I love everything about it.

Does anyone know why it isn’t running all three trains? I know the two days I was there, although it was down, from the CP&LE RR I could see there was always one train on the transfers. Something up with the block sections?

Does anyone know why it isn’t running all three trains? I know the two days I was there, although it was down, from the CP&LE RR I could see there was always one train on the transfers. Something up with the block sections?

I don't know, but same thing was I was there 2 weeks ago-- on a VERY busy weekend they were running only 2 MF trains. I have no idea why, but I can't imagine it was the block sections because I can't recall the last time I saw them dispatch a train from the station before the last dispatch train had cleared the first block leading into the unload station.

Sad news....

Unfortunately, the single rider regulars at Cedar Point lost a beloved member of our close knit family. Dave Hollo, who was known to marathon Top Thrill Dragster has passed away after part of a house tragically collapsed on him.

David will be greatly missed by all of us that knew him including some of his best friends, Henry Sievers (Mean Streak Henry), Ralph, and Ron Burke.

If there is a Heavenly version of Top Thrill Dragster, I'm sure David is looking over all his friends right now right before falling backward getting a beloved rollback.

Rest in Peace Dave.

Article is from cp fansite

News story..

https://www.wkyc.com/mobile/video/news/local/northeast-ohio/middleburg-heights-man-killed-in-house-collapse/95-8235466

FB_IMG_1535596687696.thumb.jpg.af2e45a535a64e84afa0ac83119e16cf.jpg

it is currently testing with all 3 trains.

God, they are a stubborn bunch.

PS: Raptor used to be the park's unofficial "Sorry, something else is totally not going to be ready" Early Entry apology ride but now it seems like it's just an Early Entry ride every day even though it's not advertised as one. That's sort of awesome.

I'm here today. I think I'm just going to suck it up and get in the queue for Steel Vengeance. Looks like an hour and a half. I already got Maverick, MF, Valravn, Gatekeeper, Rougarou, Raptor, and Iron Dragon. Maverick is my favorite so far.

Nice, cool overcast day for coastering here at CP.

And now Millennium Force and the magic gate is open. Thank you Steel Vengeance!

Magic Gate?

Dude, you haven't lived. They open this gate from the unload platform that dumps you right back into the queue line immediately outside the station so you basically just get off, walk like 10 feet and then ride again over and over and over until the queue fills past the magic gate (at which time the magic ends).

And now Millennium Force and the magic gate is open. Thank you Steel Vengeance!

Magic Gate?

Dude, you haven't lived. They open this gate from the unload platform that dumps you right back into the queue line immediately outside the station so you basically just get off, walk like 10 feet and then ride again over and over and over until the queue fills past the magic gate (at which time the magic ends).

The Magic Gate is pretty amazing. They had it open when I visited earlier this month and that basically meant several re-rides all before park close. Nobody has lived until they've experienced that!

I feel sad because I have never had the Magic Gate experience.

I, however, have a distant memory of a different, decidedly less magical, gate being open at the end of the unload ramps (before you head out into the photo booth area), where you could (climb stairs?) and come back around into the Millennium line without having to do the massive walk around?

Is that possible? Or am I inventing a memory to compensate for never having had the Magic Gate open for me?

I could be remembering this wrong, but I'm pretty sure that one morning in 2016 I used the magic gate to get on trains 1, 4, and 6 of the day with 3 train operation. We got on the first train, went into the loading station to get back on the same train we had just gotten off, then when we came back the second time we managed to get into the train ahead of us that was still loading. It truly is a great thing when they open that gate.