TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

It wasn't really a damper on the day. You just gotta know how to roll with the unexpected on vacation. I'll have a trip report up later, but the day was still awesome. Some people just don't know how not to let something ruin their day.

It was a lot of fun hanging out with you yesterday, Andrew - can't wait to see your epic report with all of the photos!

I'll do a written summary of the day soon given that I was lazy and took very few photos.

^ I remember the days (up to 1980s) we went to Disneyland, and then found out the Matterhorn was down.

A few visits, this happened. Every time. And no real advance media to find out, either. We still had

great times at the park, and I did eventually get to ride Matterhorn again.... just 2 years ago.

Still awesome (left side esp) after all these decades!

Being miserable about a closed ride, all your day there, doesn't help. Doesn't re-open the ride, either.

^ Nahhh...we killed it, Bill...there were only like three rides that I wished that I could have ridden, but didn't have time to do.

It really was an awesome past couple of days. Perfect weather and great fun...I couldn't have asked for more!

Its been a while since I've visited, but I'm going to the park next Thursday and staying at Breakers Express to get the all important early entry. Does anyone know if you can park in the lot by Breakers / the waterpark if you aren't staying at Breakers or going to the waterpark? Trying to get closer to Steel Vengeance at the start. Thanks!

If you have a reservation at Breakers, you have to give them your booking number at the Main Entrance Parking Booths and they will give you a Breakers parking ticket to guide you through, and around the peninsula with no parking fee. I imagine if you tell them the car behind you is staying with you, they should be able to get a Breakers parking ticket. There is an additional parking attendant before you drive under Magnum to the Breakers lot that will usually look for the ticket as well.

If your guests are not staying at Breakers, and just want to drive around the peninsula and park in the Breakers lot I don't know how lenient they are in that regards. For a one day visit not sure if they'll let that fly.

That being said to anyone visiting the park for more than 1 day, I would HIGHLY suggest getting a Hotel Breakers reservation with your tickets. It just makes everything so simple. For 3 people, it was $420. We showed up at noon, got free parking, early entry for the next day, free drink bracelets, and the rooms were quite pleasant. $140 per person to have 2 days at Cedar Point with a night in a hotel room with a view of the park was an unbelievable deal as far as we were concerned.

It wasn't really a damper on the day. You just gotta know how to roll with the unexpected on vacation. I'll have a trip report up later, but the day was still awesome. Some people just don't know how not to let something ruin their day.

For some reason people live in this fantasy world that if they aren't 1010% satisfied they need to be compensated somehow? It's a joke.

So I’m going to CP tomorrow for the first time in a few years. Last time I was there, I got terribly painful rides on Rougarou and Magnum. Are there any good tricks to make these two coasters more enjoyable?

Man I hate to bash but Rougarou is just crap. I didn't like Mantis either. I have skipped it on my last 2 trips because...I don't know, it's one of those coasters that does nothing for me. If you want to ride it I'd suggest the back seat, but I just can't figure that coaster out. Riddlers Revenge is so much better even in the stand up trains.

Magnum is weird, too. I typically enjoy that ride in the front or the back. I can't remember the exact row but it was perhaps the second car in a wheel seat or something and damn that thing was brutal on my last trip. I'm no wuss when it comes to riding coasters but it was borderline not enjoyable, so I would suggest riding it in the front or the back cars.

I’m surprised by how many people have found Rougarou enjoyable. When I rode it last time, I got a giant headache from it. It was a one and done for me.

Maybe my head works backwards, as I found Corkscrew to be enjoyable and I got no pain from it.

You are weird!!!

I’m surprised by how many people have found Rougarou enjoyable. When I rode it last time, I got a giant headache from it. It was a one and done for me.

Maybe my head works backwards, as I found Corkscrew to be enjoyable and I got no pain from it.

You are weird!!!

Yeah, it’s weird but I seem to have a high tolerance towards Arrow Loopers. I’ve ridden Viper (Darien Lake), Dragon Fire, Dragon Mountain, and Corkscrew, and have found all 4 to have minimal pain, and I really enjoyed them.

Another thing, how long is the typical FL+ wait for SV? I have FL+ for tomorrow and am hoping to marathon SV.

^ Yesterday was about 45 minutes with FL+ (the one that didn't accompany the blackout).

A "marathon" if you mean riding over and over with no wait likely won't happen until next season or even the next when all three trains are running and the hype has died a little bit.

I think that you'd really have to hit it a special time to marathon.

I admit and to be honest, I'm too old to marathon SV more than maybe 4 times in a row.

Good luck to you on your quest though!

Yesterday was about 45 minutes with FL+ (the one that didn't accompany the blackout).

Was that all day long or just at certain times of the day? When we were at Cedar Point a few weeks ago on a Wed, Thurs, Fri, there were times when the line was that long, but we chose to do other rides, but we ended up taking several rides on SV when the wait was only about 20ish minutes.

That's always been my rule of thumb for FL+. If you see a line that's 45 minutes, don't wait it in and go do something else. Chances are you can come back later and find the line much shorter.

I found that the SV line was longest the first 2-3 hours of the morning, but then after about 1pm, it seemed like it was around 20-25 minutes the rest of the day.

Even saw it down to ten minutes a couple of times at night.

Edited by robbalvey

I hung around the SV/Maveirck area a good bit of the day, and went back a few times, for Maverick I caught some 15 min FL waits but often it seemed 30, a few 45s and SV seemed to be like 45 mins all day. I did leave and come back a few times and was pretty unchanged. BUT I think the power outage must've had something to do with it, ya know instead of 2 hours of people flowing through it just backlogged. Like the crowd waiting outside SV was huge so I get that is absolutely not normal. I just changed my planes and skipped a few rides, and did others only once and maximized time on Mav and SV. 45 mins is better than 2 hours. Was not idea, but hey Ive been here enough times so missing some others was no biggie

It was mostly that area, on MForce the FL was basically walk ons, Valravyn was 0-5 mins, Gatekeeper I also had a walk on so it was just that SV area where the FL was kind of long. In the end was still worth it, was there mostly for SV and got like 5 rides on it, which wouldn't be possible otherwise, and multiple on Maverick so yeah, was frustrated but went with the flow.

I get weather, breakdowns, even closures happen. A power outage that shuts down the park for near 2 hours is quite outside the norm of what you expect may happen so I know that is not common for FL+ Was deff worth it and next CP trip I will get it again

Edited by JJLehto

I second what Phil said, you will not be able to marathon SV. Because that was my hope and it just wasn't in the cards.

Even with FL+ expect waits that are not exactly what you would call marathoning. As Robb has said ya can time it for shorter waits but that means leaving.

I didnt know they still were running only 2 trains. With such an already crowded ride, one that seemed to have not great capacity and 2 trains, its realllly mobbed. Agreed, 3 trains and lessened hype will help in the future

Which I am absolutely going back next year! The park is still wonderful, year after year, and SC is truly out of this world.

Valravyn was 0-5 mins

As someone who likes this ride, FL+ is particularly awesome for Valravn. It's an undeniably popular coaster, and having that typical 60-75 min wait cut down to "hop on the very next train" is awesome.

As Robb has said ya can time it for shorter waits but that means leaving.

Thankfully though there is enough around that area to do if you leave and come back. Basically what us and some of our people would do is check in at SV and if it was 30 minutes or over, we'd leave and come back about an hour to an hour and a half later. We'd go get in a few other rides and then if it was 15-20 minutes on SV, grab 2-3 rides in.

I think some of our people were doing multiple rides towards the end of the night because even though it was posted at 15 minutes, I think the FL+ line was more like 10.

But it does sound like the delay with the power outage may have broken that good luck streak a bit.

Valravyn was 0-5 mins

As someone who likes this ride, FL+ is particularly awesome for Valravn. It's an undeniably popular coaster, and having that typical 60-75 min wait cut down to "hop on the very next train" is awesome.

Absolutely. That ride was deff the 3rd best usage of FL+ the line was so massive, but enthusiasts/lots of people seem to skip it, so it was deff great for FL. The line was massive and I was able to do 3 rides in a row, all basically walked on. I only waited at all because I went for front row once, otherwise it was right to the station and onto an open car.

And honestly, I prob would not do that ride otherwise. I would never wait full length for it, I use early access on other rides, so if not for FL I'd not have been on

Thankfully though there is enough around that area to do if you leave and come back. Basically what us and some of our people would do is check in at SV and if it was 30 minutes or over, we'd leave and come back about an hour to an hour and a half later. We'd go get in a few other rides and then if it was 15-20 minutes on SV, grab 2-3 rides in.

I think some of our people were doing multiple rides towards the end of the night because even though it was posted at 15 minutes, I think the FL+ line was more like 10.

But it does sound like the delay with the power outage may have broken that good luck streak a bit.

Indeed, I really did check the area alot and during the day I didnt see it go below 30 and was often 40-45. But thats a rare event the outage seems to have backed things up, which is expected, what can ya do? A few 30-45 min waits is still better than 2 hours. I never would've gotten that many rides on it otherwise, and I was torn about staying till close. No doubt the lines prob died by then but that was my screw up, should've stayed another night and not drive to PA. Didnt wanna get in crazy late and figured Id not need a whole day with FL, so lesson learned always give more time for Cedar Point! My fault there.

I second what Phil said, you will not be able to marathon SV. Because that was my hope and it just wasn't in the cards.

Even with FL+ expect waits that are not exactly what you would call marathoning. As Robb has said ya can time it for shorter waits but that means leaving.

I didnt know they still were running only 2 trains. With such an already crowded ride, one that seemed to have not great capacity and 2 trains, its realllly mobbed. Agreed, 3 trains and lessened hype will help in the future

Which I am absolutely going back next year! The park is still wonderful, year after year, and SC is truly out of this world.

The first time that we entered the FL+ line it was later in the afternoon, but not quite dinner time. I want to think about 5:00, maybe?

The timer said 45 and I think that we were on pace to beat it until the power outage cost us close to another hour. It was a tough call to leave and my Dad left the line about 5 minutes before the power was restored. I felt awful for him, but he wanted to voluntarily leave so that he and Step-mom could go get something to eat and go to the bathroom.

Unfortunately he didn't get a ride, but he isn't enough of an enthusiast to let it bother him. He was more proud to conquer TTD a little bit later for the first time while fairly sober. lol

Andrew and I were just leaving the SV line and got about 10' and they started running trains. The people were cool and told us just to resume our previous spots after I had the deer in headlights look.

I still have some faith in humanity.

The night ride around 9 posted 30 minutes and ended up being closer to 45..still well worth it versus the 2+ hours posted.

And we got the bonus MF night ride after that, so we left as happy campers.

Ah so seems like it never really did let up. Well like we all said, was an odd day, very very rare is there gunna be a power outage that shuts down the park, and the 2 trains really do slow things down to begin with. Hope that is resolved for next year.

Yeah in the end was still good, at first was a tad bummed the overall quantity of rides was lower than I hoped but I was there largely for SV. All I know is next year I wont miss coastermania! I was spoiled by that.

I’m at the park right now, does anyone know what’s up with all the coasters breaking down today? Millie has been down all day, Maverick is closed, TTD is closed (not shocking), Corkscrew is closed, Iron Dragon got stuck on the lift, and Pipe Scream has had a lot of downtime.

On another note, SV has had a consistent 45 minute wait for FL+ all day, but I finally rode it and it’s my first RMC. Oh my goodnesss it is amazing! It actually is as good as it was hyped up to be if not better, amazing ride!

Well they just pulled this out of the room that houses all the launch mechanisms for Dragster...

Well, looks like it’s done for the day. Good thing I got a ride on it earlier, and with no wait, as it just reopened from a breakdown when I got in line.

Well they just pulled this out of the room that houses all the launch mechanisms for Dragster...

Well, looks like it’s done for the day. Good thing I got a ride on it earlier, and with no wait, as it just reopened from a breakdown when I got in line.

I wouldn't put it past the park to get it open tonight. The crew is still at the ride and the trains are still on the track. If there wasn't any hope, the crew would be gone and all the trains put away.

*Edit It's currently testing.... Or at least it did once.

Well, despite the insane humidity, I had a great day at CP! I haven’t been there in a good few years, so it was great to get back to the park. Best was at the end of the night, with FL+, there was no wait at all for Valravn and Maverick, and a 15 minute wait for SV. Unfortunately, I never got on Millie today, hoping to get on it tomorrow as I am leaving Tuesday morning. It opened at about 7, but when I got in line at about 9, it went back down again, so I made my way back down to the amazing SV for an extra few rides. Overall had a great day!

4E95448E-562B-44CB-AA56-79212021258A.thumb.jpeg.81e8c003be7de8bc0282e3590751a60e.jpeg

Always gotta love a nice ride on the Sky Ride!

CBF7807B-EFE1-4FDA-BE56-13395B044C31.thumb.jpeg.c16b462e3fb6244afeba73325f79c2ac.jpeg

TTD asserting dominance as always. God to have made it on before it went down.

908C9E3B-ED79-4BD8-B3E0-C0C3DF813E24.thumb.jpeg.cd1d8f0b3f504fb0f9989e9b0ef97dae.jpeg

This was after my first ever RMC, such an intense and unrelenting experience! Back row was the greatest thing ever!

A0DC47C4-5044-466E-9848-43B2994236C2.thumb.jpeg.a06c82c97043a8192b1dcf782e735b27.jpeg

Always have to check out the petting zoo!

8ABFAEF1-D155-477C-AA8E-F28725F7B065.thumb.jpeg.09a6750751ae6da1e3b1a3acca18ab71.jpeg

Sad I didn’t get to ride Millie, hopefully tomorrow she’ll be all better! These are all my photos from today, see you tomorrow CP!