TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Its been a while since I've visited, but I'm going to the park next Thursday and staying at Breakers Express to get the all important early entry. Does anyone know if you can park in the lot by Breakers / the waterpark if you aren't staying at Breakers or going to the waterpark? Trying to get closer to Steel Vengeance at the start. Thanks!

I happen to be going Friday as well. That will help with the "TPR Takeover" lol.

Ha awesome! Well, I will be wearing a Pink Floyd shirt tomm, if anyone sees me feel free to yell out.

Sure, I'm likely not to be the only one so could be awkward but, oh well

Noob question btw, Ive never used FL here. I printed out my FL+ I assume I take it to the gate when I enter. What do they give you? How does the FL+ work here? Wristband? I reckon it doesn't take too long to do, but to be safe is there any significant amount of time I need to give myself to be ready for early access?

Yeah, Im trying to withhold excitement and failing

If you're wearing a Pink Floyd shirt, I will notice...well, cuz Pink Floyd.

If you see a guy wearing a Meat Puppets Heuvos shirt, that'll be me. Probably not a lot of people will be wearing that one. lol

I’ll be there in an “I’ll be your Gatekeeper” shirt and the Maverick “wild ride” shorts.

Kidding, I won’t be there, but have fun guys.

Or if Zach shows up pointing at coasters with a 'Killin' It Daily' shirt on...also free beer all day for him. lol

Thoughts on Cedar Shores...

* Muffleheads swim-up bar had people drinking alcohol in the enclosed pool area, but nobody at the actual bar serving drinks - it looked abandoned /defunct. But at the gate, no one was manning it and it said that Muffleheads was closed. WTF?

Private party in the middle of the week with no actual bartender, or were people just going in there anyway? A weird experience for sure.

Luckily Schooners bar nailed a good Mai Tai with a half cup of booze. F$ck Muffleheads.

Note that some of the mixed drinks here are cheaper than the draft beer. And fun fact: they were being liberal on the booze...just saying. And anyone from CP reading this, don't take that negatively!!! ☺

* The "new" slides are fun, but they need a few more thrills like a funnel or toilet bowl slide. For Cedar Point, it's a good water park, but not elite. I can see where this will likely change though.

* Love the re-theme to Lake Erie, but damn...every tree that was in the water park is gone. Love all of the plants and Adirondack chairs though.

* Ride op's and service at the water park were sub-par for Cedar Point standards.

I know CP ride op's will be killing it on all of the major rides tomorrow though.

They were running a deal on Platinum Passes that ended about 36 hours ago that included all of next season and unlimited visits this season and a free Fastlane Plus. The deal is now that you only get one visit this season and no free Fastlane.

Call the park though. I'm not optimistic but the worst they can say is no and it's always worth asking.

Hey Bill, how does one find out about deals with fast acting Platinum pass renewals? I never get a single email about this stuff and didn't see anything in this thread. I also missed the Dollywood 2019 pass deal by getting our 2018 passes just one week before they announced their 2019 pass thing. Very frustrating! Any tips? Usually I rely on folks here to post deals but you all have let me down in this case

Its been a while since I've visited, but I'm going to the park next Thursday and staying at Breakers Express to get the all important early entry. Does anyone know if you can park in the lot by Breakers / the waterpark if you aren't staying at Breakers or going to the waterpark? Trying to get closer to Steel Vengeance at the start. Thanks!

I have never once had an issue with it in all my years going to the park, including 5 times this year.

Sounds like you had an interesting experience, Phil. I've also found that mixed drinks always appear to be loaded with booze at parks, which seems odd. You'd think if anything they would be more conservative. I'm a lightweight, so I've had a couple Six Flags mixed drinks that have kicked my ass. You should sample a few more today, just to be sure they're consistent! I hope you get plenty of rides today.

Headed there today too. I'm wearing a Kennywood Potato Patch T-shirt and cargo shorts with zipper pockets like I'm an actual enthusiast. *sigh* Probably won't be the only one with a Potato Patch shirt though because Kennywood is so close and those fries are awesome. So if you meet the other guy with a Potato Patch shirt, act like he's me and confuse him, ok?

Oh dear, I've rambled. I need to get to the Point more often.

Alright so got my 2 rides on SV which took a total of 90 minutes even with early access. Quick ride on Mforce, had to leave park to do something, come back and literally everything is closed. Power outage? Well then this has been something ha

Ofc and they did, and while disappointed at the time lost and log jam it causes for SV and Maverick I'll let it go, one the park can t help it, and two no one let's ya be a human being on this site anyway and just vent ha i did get 3 rides on SV which while they took a total of 2.5 hours guess that's what normal wait was. Hoped for more but hey plenty of other rides to enjoy. Will make the most