TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

We ended our 3-day visit to Cedar Point last night where we had three hours of ERT over those days. Two hours on Steel Vengeance and an hour on Maverick. The crews were amazing to work with...

DjkgLURXoAAAqZ_.jpg

Djpw6_gWsAABsHA.jpg

DjvABbvX0AAYgPP.jpg

I think we sent out about 50 trains on Steel Vengeance and since we had less than 40 people in our trip, people got in a CRAZY amount of rides if they wanted to! I'll post a full trip report soon. At the airport now and totally exhausted! Need to get home and rest from an absolutely amazing trip!

Edited by robbalvey

That must have been so much fun! I can't imagine getting that many SV rides.. I wonder of one of you set the record for the most times ridden

In other news, according to Queue Times, Milennium Force is closed again, and has been for the majority of the past 24 hours :/ Let's hope they can get it up as quickly as they did last time.

Ok.

Blue Streak has redeemed itself in my eyes

Had a FANTASTIC ride (2nd row front car) a couple of hours ago

Super smooth and a ton of airtime

Certainly only that good in 1st car. But yeah. Really good

Glad to hear that you got to ride the "good" Blue Streak, Bert!

I had never had a particularly bad ride on Blue Streak...some good ones in the front and a lot of "meh" anywhere else.

Also - WOW at the amount of ERT that you guys got on SV and Maverick. I could only imagine going back and forth on both of those coasters with no wait. I would be exhausted just from that alone!

Looking forward to all of the reports now!

That's Twisted Colossus...

I love how quickly coaster enthusiasts know exactly what ride was pictured and debunk any kind of dumb social media nonsense.

Because that is without a DOUBT Twisted Colossus.

Are these really happening on TC trains? Even then, people will go grab for their phones during the ride. I have to say CP's no phone policy sucks, but I don't blame them. You can't have dumbasses with phones being pulled out when a ride is 200 feet tall and constantly going 60-70 MPH.

If people could BEHAVE themselves and follow RULES that are set in place for everyone's safety that would be great. But for some reason these days everyone thinks they're an expert, the rules don't apply to them, and they know better, even when they have no effing clue about the industry or what they're talking about.

I've got a quick FastLane question. I'll be there Monday and Tuesday. I've already budgeted in FL+ for both days. However, Tuesday is supposed to be scattered thunderstorms all day. Could this possibly negate the need for FastLane? I'd only forgo the FL+ if it made all the major roller coasters walk-ons (which I'm assuming it won't, I'd still purchase it if it bypassed a 20 minute wait on Steel Vengeance). Obviously, I'll wait until I'm in the park on Tuesday to make my decision, but I'm curious as to what some of you think about this. I'm guessing that I'll be buying FL+ on both days. Thanks.

I think that the pouches would be a great idea. I’m a firm believer that the vast majority of phones that fly out on rides come from peoples loose POCKETS and not from those individuals who are taking them out for pictures/videos. In fact, holding onto a phone might be the safest place for it (not condoning, simma dow now). If there’s a nice safe, convenient, FREE place to store your phone, riders are going to use them. Is it a perfect solution? No, because as others have said, they can still be taken out, but it would make everyone happy. And there really is no perfect solution, so might as well come as close as possible to one.

I've got a quick FastLane question. I'll be there Monday and Tuesday. I've already budgeted in FL+ for both days. However, Tuesday is supposed to be scattered thunderstorms all day. Could this possibly negate the need for FastLane? I'd only forgo the FL+ if it made all the major roller coasters walk-ons (which I'm assuming it won't, I'd still purchase it if it bypassed a 20 minute wait on Steel Vengeance). Obviously, I'll wait until I'm in the park on Tuesday to make my decision, but I'm curious as to what some of you think about this. I'm guessing that I'll be buying FL+ on both days. Thanks.

On Tuesday there was thunderstorm and rain forecasts, which actually closed the coasters for 30min. SV was still 1.5 hours all day and Maverick was 45min. If you want rerides on those, FL+ will be worth it.

What if coaster manufacturers offered a box on the back of the seat with a lid that locked and released like the restraints do. I know it is an added layer of complexity to an already potentially problematic machine, and couldn't really be implemented on existing rides. But it might be a good solution for future installations. Just something I've been thinking about since this whole discussion started.

On Tuesday there was thunderstorm and rain forecasts, which actually closed the coasters for 30min. SV was still 1.5 hours all day and Maverick was 45min. If you want rerides on those, FL+ will be worth it.

Thanks, I figured as much. It was good to get confirmation. FL+ both days it is! I'm also thrilled to see that Millennium Force is back in action. That's my favorite ride in the park, so I'm relieved.

We ended our 3-day visit to Cedar Point last night where we had three hours of ERT over those days. Two hours on Steel Vengeance and an hour on Maverick. The crews were amazing to work with...

DjkgLURXoAAAqZ_.jpg

Djpw6_gWsAABsHA.jpg

DjvABbvX0AAYgPP.jpg

I think we sent out about 50 trains on Steel Vengeance and since we had less than 40 people in our trip, people got in a CRAZY amount of rides if they wanted to! I'll post a full trip report soon. At the airport now and totally exhausted! Need to get home and rest from an absolutely amazing trip!

Edited by robbalvey

The ride is surrounded by vomit today.

you're welcome for me not posting the photo Albert took of that. . LOL

it was apparently 1 kid, who shared the wealth all around as the ride was coming to a stop

Was the cellphone policy the same on Steel Vengeance during ERT as it is during the day, or were you able to work with the park to allow some other arrangement?

But otherwise, glad you had fun! Looking forward to the full report in that thread.

Was the cellphone policy the same on Steel Vengeance during ERT as it is during the day, or were you able to work with the park to allow some other arrangement?

But otherwise, glad you had fun! Looking forward to the full report in that thread.

Cell phone and bag policy was the same during ERT. I was allowed to have one phone in the station to take pictures of the group. All other bags, phones, etc, went in the lockers.