TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

The park shouldn't have to spell everything out for everyone with a full list of what is and isn't allowed in every retarded hypothetical scenario.

Funny part is when I was at the park last Thursday no one seemed to be arguing this. Almost everyone purchased a locker or left their items with a non-rider. No fighting, no complaining, security wasn't throwing people around and using Tasers on them. It really only seems to be enthusiasts that are having complete mental breakdowns with this.

Funny part is when I was at the park last Thursday no one seemed to be arguing this. Almost everyone purchased a fantastical pink and yellow unicorn that eats flesh and happy thoughts or left their items with a non-rider. No fighting, no complaining, security wasn't throwing people around and using Tasers on them. It really only seems to be enthusiasts that are having complete mental breakdowns with this.

We had the exact same experience this weekend. Everyone's just like... "Oh, okay" and they do it and happily move on with their day.

^^ I get your point, it was a rather silly question. I guess I'm just curious how the park distinguishes between allowed and not allowed loose articles, not that it will make a difference to me if I go.

The best way to answer your question is to simply email or call the park. That way, you get the definitive answer. I wanted to know about their glasses policy (since I will be there next week). I called, and they said that glasses with straps are allowed. When in doubt, contact the park.

Halloweekends site is up and there is a new scarezone and an update to an old maze. Hexed has been changed to having a you take a flashlight with you that keeps flickering on and off while you go through the maze. Interesting to note that none of the cedar fair parks are mentioning fright lane plus on their sites. I feel like it is just because they are selling tickets or fright lane for the event yet.

You can access every cedar fair parks haunt site if you please, there should be a link in the special events tab if not just type "/haunt" after the parks web address and it will take you to the site. Not all parks haunt sites show the new attractions for this year (valleyfair and kings dominion are two i know of that only show returning attractions from last year).

^ I said fright lane plus. The one that has the skeleton key rooms. I hope it returns as those bonus rooms were always my favorite parts. They always had the best employees working them and they were usually filled with humor and small scares

What have the lines been like for SV? I currently have a Friday thru Monday off next month and possibly thinking of going to Cedar Point for the first time. I know the park gets crazy busy and I'm pretty sure a fast lane/plus would be needed as well. I know if we end up going we're looking into staying at HB and getting the early entry as well.

Our other option is to go back to Holiday World for that Saturday and Sunday and I know their Saturdays are beyond busy as well!

If you stay at Hotel Breakers, enter through the gate by Magnum 10-15 minutes before 9:00 and walk quickly to Steel Vengeance (no need to run) once they open the gate after the national anthem. You’ll be on in 30 minutes or less if it opens on time.

Aside from your first Early Entry Ride, lines generally hang around 120 minutes. On Saturday it was at 3 hours but Saturday was slammed, it can occasionally drop down to 60 but it’s more frequently in that 90 minutes to 2 hour range.

Yeah, the line will fly at that point since there won’t be any more Fastlane so they only pull from standby. We thought of going over there at close but... you know... there’s this big blue Intamin.

Big blue intamin that happens to be a walk on for nearly an hour at the end of every night lol

Lines have been shorter than normal but I’m yet to go on a day where the line wasn’t at least 30 minutes at close. Apparently I’m going on the wrong days. Then again, Saturday was INSANE crowd-wise. They completely filled the main lot. I’ve never seen that before.

Lines have been shorter than normal but I’m yet to go on a day where the line wasn’t at least 30 minutes at close. Apparently I’m going on the wrong days. Then again, Saturday was INSANE crowd-wise. They completely filled the main lot. I’ve never seen that before.

See I go Fridays and Sundays pretty exclusively and never go Saturdays unless it's opening day. Pretty much every time I go to Millennium to end the night, they have the magic gate open at least a half hour before close. I have almost 150 laps on Millennium this year just by doing that and maybe riding it once or twice during the day.

That all being said I've been going 2-3 times a week lately. Need something to take the life stress off so since I live close I might as well go when I have time ya know? Haha

How were Gatekeeper and Valravn's lines their respective opening years? Were they consistently 2 hours long as well?

I went on Valravn in August of 2016 and waited about an hour for it. Then again, it wasn’t nearly as anticipated as SV has been.

A couple quick questions before my trip to Cedar Point next week:

I'm staying at Breakers for the week, they allow me to add a package that has FLP, food, drinks, funpix, and Dinos. For the two days I plan to get the package, buying everything separately online is ever so slightly cheaper than getting this package, not including Dinos.

1. Are the prices for Fast Lane (Plus) the same in the park as they are online, or is online cheaper?

2. Are the Fast Lane (Plus) days I choose online lock me into using those passes on the specific dates I choose, or can I use them on any day as long as the pass is the same price as what I paid?

3. Can two-day all-day dining, drinks passes, and two-day Funpix be bought at the park, or are they online-only? And if they can be bought at the park, will the prices be higher?

Sorry if these questions have been answered elsewhere. I tried to call the park but they didn't pick up. And calling internationally is expensive! Thanks

A couple quick questions before my trip to Cedar Point next week:

I'm staying at Breakers for the week, they allow me to add a package that has FLP, food, drinks, funpix, and Dinos. For the two days I plan to get the package, buying everything separately online is ever so slightly cheaper than getting this package, not including Dinos.

1. Are the prices for Fast Lane (Plus) the same in the park as they are online, or is online cheaper?

2. Are the Fast Lane (Plus) days I choose online lock me into using those passes on the specific dates I choose, or can I use them on any day as long as the pass is the same price as what I paid?

3. Can two-day all-day dining, drinks passes, and two-day Funpix be bought at the park, or are they online-only? And if they can be bought at the park, will the prices be higher?

Sorry if these questions have been answered elsewhere. I tried to call the park but they didn't pick up. And calling internationally is expensive! Thanks

1. Yes same price, but if you have a Platinum pass you get a free upgrade in park and you don't online.

2. Yes if you choose a date online you must use it on that date.

3. Not sure about that one, I've never bought 2 day anything at CP.