TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

The people who complain about a 2 dollar fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo will complain if Cedar Point puts open bins at the entrance of a ride and there stuff gets stolen

Give them the option to take that risk. If they don't want to take that risk, lockers are available.

I worked on several coasters at cedarpoint in the past. We had cubbys on the platform that people used all the time. During my 3 summers at the park, we never had anything stolen. The only situation I remember is that someone accidentally took someone's bag(2 bags looked alike), but returned to the station minutes later once they realized they had the wrong bag.

All the park has to do is put up signs stating that they are not responsible for lost or stolen items, and to leave things at your own risk. Problem solved.

As stated earlier in this mess, I would not mind waiting the extra 5% longer in line due to the delay that this might cause in a few cases if it means I can have my phone with me in line.

It has nothing to do with the cost of the locker( although it is shady) to me, but the inconvenience and pain in the ass.

And while they are at it, they should consider adding souvenir cup holders in the stations as well like six flags does. Nothing like standing in line for 2 hours on a 95 degree day with the only option is a $5 soda out of the machine.

The people who complain about a 2 dollar fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo will complain if Cedar Point puts open bins at the entrance of a ride and there stuff gets stolen

Nah thats a risk I always accepted. As did everyone. Again never happened to me or anyone I've ever known in all my years of coastering, but true that IS a risk. A super small one, but one yes. The park is still covered. All those signs and announcements "not responsible for stolen items" is all ya need. I'm with just give people the option, if they wanna risk their stuff getting stolen let em go for it. Then people online can say "haha you took that risk and now are complaining, shut up pls!" and they would be totally in the right to do so

Its deff sad we're at the point that this discussion has to be had, like we've had phones for ages, people weren't taking them out on rides, sad its even become that much of an issue.

And while I've never imagined items flying out as much of a problem, I guess on a ride this extreme its certainly more possible and that does pose a risk. My only issue is if someone has closed pockets, I think ya know that fear is removed. But whatever, irony is I cant say I really care. Long as it stays for just this 1 ride its fine. I'll gladly cave and spend the 2 bucks on storage, spend some time marathoning SV and Maverick then get my stuff and continue for the day.

Nah thats a risk I always accepted. As did everyone. Again never happened to me or anyone I've ever known in all my years of coastering, but true that IS a risk. A super small one, but one yes. The park is still covered. All those signs and announcements "not responsible for stolen items" is all ya need. I'm with just give people the option, if they wanna risk their stuff getting stolen let em go for it. Then people online can say "haha you took that risk and now are complaining, shut up pls!" and they would be totally in the right to do so

Its deff sad we're at the point that this discussion has to be had, like we've had phones for ages, people weren't taking them out on rides, sad its even become that much of an issue.

And while I've never imagined items flying out as much of a problem, I guess on a ride this extreme its certainly more possible and that does pose a risk. My only issue is if someone has closed pockets, I think ya know that fear is removed. But whatever, irony is I cant say I really care. Long as it stays for just this 1 ride its fine. I'll gladly cave and spend the 2 bucks on storage, spend some time marathoning SV and Maverick then get my stuff and continue for the day.

I've rarely carried anything that needs stowing, but my interest in stowing in a cubby declined after seeing several instances where other people left soda containers that spilled over the rest of the bin. Theft isn't the only concern.

Of course, we live in a society where some people drive or even bicycle while texting, so the idea that holding a cell phone to record a shaky video on a roller coaster is dumb is hard to grasp for those with a poor understanding of Newtonian physics.

I've rarely carried anything that needs stowing, but my interest in stowing in a cubby declined after seeing several instances where other people left soda containers that spilled over the rest of the bin. Theft isn't the only concern

And this is why six flags installed numbered drink holders in the stations. Not only does it prevent a spillage in the cubby, but it improves drink cup sales and guest satisfaction.

sf164.jpg.404ed81382a81608efa7c0f6f2f88bf3.jpg

I've rarely carried anything that needs stowing, but my interest in stowing in a cubby declined after seeing several instances where other people left soda containers that spilled over the rest of the bin. Theft isn't the only concern

And this is why six flags installed numbered drink holders in the stations. Not only does it prevent a spillage in the cubby, but it improves drink cup sales and guest satisfaction.

That would be great, but unfortunately it appears that Cedar Fair isn’t very into guest satisfaction anymore.

Sorry, but this can’t be 100% a response to a safety issue. Because if it was, the lockers that are supposed to be foolproof would be free and the lockers would be in a location that allows you to place all non-attached items into whatever storage method was available just before the train leaves, all to ensure they get used. Put up signs threatening legal action all you want, but it’s soemthing that CP is very well aware is going to make many people unhappy and that they’re likely to not follow the rules.

On a totally different topic ... does anyone has experience, positive or negative, with any of the campgrounds around Sandusky? I'm not looking for national park quality, just a cheap place to legally sleep after seeing if the SV hype is justified Preferably not in a toxic waste dump or super noisy.

The ones I've found on line also have cheap cabins, in case it's raining harder than a tent can handle (but might be reserved in advance). Hotel Breakers is nice but much more expensive than it used to be

On a totally different topic ... does anyone has experience, positive or negative, with any of the campgrounds around Sandusky? I'm not looking for national park quality, just a cheap place to legally sleep after seeing if the SV hype is justified Preferably not in a toxic waste dump or super noisy.

The ones I've found on line also have cheap cabins, in case it's raining harder than a tent can handle (but might be reserved in advance). Hotel Breakers is nice but much more expensive than it used to be

East Harbor State Park is about a half hour from the park and has a large campground. Ohio has a nice state park system with well-maintained facilities so if you are cool with tent camping it could be a good option.

http://parks.ohiodnr.gov/eastharbor

All I know is I'm stoked to go. My brother just gave me his own mini TR ha he's always avoided coasters but been slowly getting into them. He found CP to be heaven on earth basically. Gotten so used to it, was nice to hear that magic again. Also said not only was FL+ beyond worth it (including 5 min wait for SV) but that SV was beyond words.Also he found early access worth it even with fast pass so I'll likely cave and do it but prob breakers express.

They're cracking down on phones. Will hot sauce be next?

Sandusky Register

SANDUSKY — Police arrested an Amherst boy Saturday after he allegedly threw a packet of hot sauce at a Steel Vengeance train at Cedar Point, which apparently exploded and hit some people in the face and eyes.

The 17-year-old boy was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

A Sandusky officer responded to a call from Cedar Point police at about 4:20 p.m. about riders being hit by hot sauce, according to a Sandusky police report.

Seven Steel Vengeance riders were treated by Cedar Point EMS, the report states. One woman had to get her eyes flushed out after being exposed to the hot sauce.

Police checked security footage and allegedly saw a group of four boys, one of whom allegedly threw the packet as the train passed by, according to the report.

Officers found the boys and one allegedly admitted to throwing the hot sauce, the report states.

Police arrested the boy and took him to the Erie County Juvenile Justice Center.

LOL people aren't pulling their wallets and keys out in the middle of the ride. The park is obviously concerned about people pulling phones out. How is that not obvious?

Speak for yourself. Some of us like to count our money on a regular basis. I often pull out my wallet on coasters and count loudly, "One...two...a-thrree" and that way people know I have $3.

Also, am I detecting a new filter here?

Locker

Oh yeah!

All I can say to all of this is that I am now extra sad i broke my Apple Watch, I may need to get a new one before our trip so i can communicate with my parents who will have the kids.

Also, am I detecting a new filter here?

fantastical pink and yellow unicorn that eats flesh and happy thoughts

Oh yeah!

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. RIP fluffy bunnys? Say it ain't so!

The KOA is VERY basic, but has clean facilities. Its located in a weird area, behind some apartments, but for $30/night its great. About a 5 min drive to CP.

CP Rundown posted this on twitter:

DivmiqqU8AA6dTN?format=jpg&name=large

Seems like this policy is here to stay

That is the craziest theme park sign I have ever seen---telling people have their phone in a queue line is a crime. In 2018.

^^Having your phone in line is not a crime per say.

Failure to follow written or verbal safety instructions is the crime. Therefore failing to follow this direction can be considered a crime.

Yes, humans suck so here we are.

Failure to follow written or verbal safety instructions is the crime. Therefore failing to follow this direction can be considered a crime.

That's a cop out. The sign is clearly implying "keep your phone outside or else..."

People are stupid. Doesn't mean the park can't find reasonable solutions to counteract that.

That's a cop out. The sign is clearly implying "keep your phone outside or else..."

People are stupid. Doesn't mean the park can't find reasonable solutions to counteract that.

That may be, but you'll also find that exact language regarding Ohio Revised Code on every single CP, KI, CPS ride safety signage at ride entrances. It's on a small board at the bottom. It's added to this sign to reinforce that it is a misdemeanor to not follow it. It is also I believe printed in the park map for rider safety information. It's there. Has always been there and will always be there. This sign is because humans will ignore every other sign and piece of literature that stats that code.

https://cdn-cloudfront.cfauthx.com/binaries/content/assets/cp-en-us/general-information/explore/2018-park-map.jpg You can check the park map yourself. It's right below the main entrance.