TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

On to Steel Vengeance. Any one else's thighs hurt after riding it?

After multiple rides over 3 days I ended up with huge bruises on my thighs from SV, I figured it's because I'm fat and I have fair skin that bruises if I sneeze wrong. Wouldn't stop me from getting right back on it though!

It's interesting that they keep pulling Steel Vengeance off of ERT and Early Entry days. I wonder how much of this has to do with the ride itself and maintenance needs and how much of it has to do with the ride crews and how many hours they're working.

FYI changes to the passholder ride night schedule, including tomorrow.

and people are bitching about the trims on it, and not being allowed "rerides"

sheesh. . the only thing that comes to my mind reading those twitter responses, is "entitled little a-holes"

Wait times have been absurdly low this year outside of Frontiertown. While it’s only logical that the new ride would take some of the demand off of the older rides, I’ve been wondering if Steel Vengeance could fully account for the massive drop everywhere else.

Right now on a beautiful sunny day with an 11 PM close, the only rides posting wait times over 25 minutes are Steel Vengeance, Valravn and Maverick.

If Steel Vengeance had a 4 hour wait then that would explain where everyone went, but a 120 minute wait for a coaster with average-at-best capacity isn’t all that crazy and doesn’t really explain why everything outside of Frontiertown aside from Valravn, Dragster and Raptor in the morning is pretty much always a 15 minute wait or less. Millennium has been routinely opening it’s access gate on beautiful sunny days this year in the middle of the day. That’s alarming.

I don’t know if that statement about low attendance is true, but it’s not shocking if it is.

I wonder if part of the reason for lower attendance this year is cause of the how low the Canadian dollar is. Add in the trade war thats going on a lot of Canadians don't want to travel to the U.S. right now.

Aside from that Cedar Fair doesn't advertise the Park up here in Ontario. When I am at Wonderland most of the people have no idea there is a platinum pass and that Cedar Point is included.

The really have dropped the ball in getting more Canadians to to down there for a weekend trip.

^Our president has not made it very apitizing for Canadians to visit either.

Its a shame cause its a great park to visit. Its also a hassle to cross the border. I still am planning on going down to the park the beginning of august but after the way I was interrogated at the border going over it makes me have some second thoughts. I went alone to the park last weekend and to the border people its seems to them its odd to go on a trip alone.

Aside from that Cedar Fair doesn't advertise the Park up here in Ontario. When I am at Wonderland most of the people have no idea there is a platinum pass and that Cedar Point is included.

The really have dropped the ball in getting more Canadians to to down there for a weekend trip.

Yeah, its the same here in southern Michigan, except reversed. *Everyone* knows about Cedar Point, but when I say I'm planning a trip to Canada's Wonderland, I get blank stares.

It's interesting that they keep pulling Steel Vengeance off of ERT and Early Entry days. I wonder how much of this has to do with the ride itself and maintenance needs and how much of it has to do with the ride crews and how many hours they're working.

I would assume it has to do with the operators. The line on these ERT nights opens a good hour and a half after the park closes. The ride ops will be up until 2 AM if they had SV on night ERT with these late closings now. It is also not fair to the enthusiasts because most of them don't have a house near by and can't afford to stay that late at night. The next SV night is at an 8pm closing which makes sense.

Clearly our president is to blame for Cedar Point's attendance being down and Steel Vengeance not running three trains.

After multiple rides over 3 days I ended up with huge bruises on my thighs from SV, I figured it's because I'm fat and I have fair skin that bruises if I sneeze wrong. Wouldn't stop me from getting right back on it though!

This is probably why I didn't like it nearly as much as everyone else. I think it was a bit too much against the grain for me. Felt a lot like bull riding!

After riding SV 5x in a day and then several times on the following days a few weeks ago when I was at the park, I did not have any thigh bruising. My mother mentioned that her thighs hurt a little on the last day. However, I had some really ugly bruises on my shins, particularly my left upper shin. It looked like I got whacked with a baseball bat. The way that the RMC restraints sit on me does not cause any thigh pain/bruises/etc. but I really slam into the shin guards for some reason. I have had this shin bruise issue on all the RMCs I've ridden: Steel Vengeance, Lightning Rod, Twisted Timbers and Twisted Colossus.

It doesn't deter me from riding any of the coasters but it's strange that my thighs are fine yet my shins get bruised to bits! I should note that I ride with my hands in the air like I just don't care (if that matters at all) and I also do not have pain when riding Skyrush. Uncomfortable restraints on Skyrush for sure but it causes me no pain the way it does with others. My shins are bruise-less on that one though, ha!

^The weirdest thing I've ever experienced with the RMC leg restraints was some very minor, close-to-imperceptible skin irritation from the ones on Goliath, like a mild contact allergy. Unsure if it was the material, just the act of contact with them, or...ugh...irritants from other riders. I also didn't like how the original straight-across ones forced a very unnatural seating position on Outlaw Run, but thankfully that hasn't seemed quite as extreme with the current shaping.

From the RMCs I've experienced, I greatly prefer the Gerstlauer trains on NTaG and IRat. To be fair, I haven't been on a steel coaster with the RMC trains, but they are generally a little more uncomfortable than the Gerstlauers in my opinion.

Need some advice for a mid-September Halloweekends trip to CP (9/14-9/15). Looking at staying at Breakers...couple questions...

Is the hot tub open during September? If so, what time is it usually open until?

Do any of the beach bars remain open after the park closes for resort guests?

Thanks!

Edited by gearbm95

^ Actually, I believe they have a bit of an indoor pool, with a jaccuzi beside it.

Not sure, but I'm pretty sure this is what Bert and I passed by on our "day off" from

the park - walking around, prior to an OMIGGGGGGGGG meal at Famous Dave's.

What I remember...

^ Actually, I believe they have a bit of an indoor pool, with a jaccuzi beside it.

Not sure, but I'm pretty sure this is what Bert and I passed by on our "day off" from

What I remember...

there was an indoor pool, next to the Arcade, and right outside the main doors to TGI Fridays.

maybe we caught it just after they treated it, but the whole area just reeked of Chlorine. . it was really strong when we walked by.

What I remember...

there was an indoor pool, next to the Arcade, and right outside the main

doors to TGI Fridays.

maybe we caught it just after they treated it, but the whole area just reeked of Chlorine. . it was really strong when we walked by.

So no outdoor hot tub? Lame.

^ Oh, there is! Sorry, I was just answering to if it was closed, when you were there in Sept.

IMG_3976.JPG.2fb4abcae4b94cdbb9aaa5de555e7927.JPG

Middle-left (9 o'clock?) of the photo is where there's a jacuzzi/hot tub. June 4, 2017.

Hmmmm, sounds like even more reason to not bother with the early access and just use FP+ to spam it.

Esp since it seems like 2 is all ya can really hope for in the early access, not sure its worth all the extra for the hotel and if it was to be taken off early entry damn I'd be salty.

Anyway people can input if they think this is dumb (esp since I've always been a 2 or at least 1.5 days at CP guy) but I really am just planning on using fast lane to marathon whatever I want. Get a cheap hotel since I wont need early entry (right?) with fast lane. Heading to Kennywood on Sat and home on Sunday (undecided if Ill bother with Waldameer I found RF2 pretty crap, not sure if I'll give it another try).

Is weird the park seems to be down on attendance and it cant be fully explained by SV absorbing them. Maybe travel is down, I mean its summer, the economy is up but ya never know. I also dont know how many Canadians go to CP, I reckon alot, it'd not shock me if people were turned off to/purposely not traveling to the US due to politics and trade crap and etc

Way to be pro business

Clearly our president is to blame for Cedar Point's attendance being down and Steel Vengeance not running three trains.

This is probably why I didn't like it nearly as much as everyone else. I think it was a bit too much against the grain for me. Felt a lot like bull riding!

Nobody said he was to blame for the(supposed) decline in attendance. But nice twist on words.

I believe the conversation was about Canadian visitors.