TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ it was I who said I’ve never been able to get others in for early entry on the Carowinds thread.

I’ve actually never tried, I emailed CP and their response was that nobody under any circumstances is allowed in early that isn’t a pass holder themselves or didn’t stay at one of the hotels. So I’ve been following the rules and just show up at 10.

But obviously they’re letting everyone in at the resort entrance. And while there is s holding area right in front of the Enterprise, they have never asked to show a pass or anything like they do at the front. So the next time I go with people who just have regular tickets we are all getting in early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless things have changed within the 10 days since I have been to the park, they had an area set up behind Dragster checking passes and tickets to allow people back towards SV for early entry. This was even as later as 945am when we had our passes checked.

Hmm.. I’ve entered the park at the resort entrance almost 20 times this season and they have never asked to see my pass or anyone else’s that I have seen.

Every time after the national anthem it’s just been a free for all toward SV.

But now that SV isn’t open for early entry I’ve been entering at the front so maybe they’ve started checking back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how Early Entry works if you are staying at a resort, but would like to utilize Early Entry at the park the day you are scheduled to check in to the resort? For example if you are staying at Breakers checking in on a Saturday, but want to use Early Entry Saturday morning before you check into the Hotel.

Does anyone know how Early Entry works if you are staying at a resort, but would like to utilize Early Entry at the park the day you are scheduled to check in to the resort? For example if you are staying at Breakers checking in on a Saturday, but want to use Early Entry Saturday morning before you check into the Hotel.

Go to the desk in the morning (you can get back there as early as 8AM IIRC) and do your early check in. Basically what they do is give you a card for your early ride time that you can show the people at the barriers. The cards are good for 6 people each. They'll also send you a text message when your room is ready.

Go to the desk in the morning (you can get back there as early as 8AM IIRC) and do your early check in. Basically what they do is give you a card for your early ride time that you can show the people at the barriers. The cards are good for 6 people each. They'll also send you a text message when your room is ready.

Thanks! Still ironing out the details of our trip later this fall but we will definitely be staying on property and utilizing early entry for at least one day, maybe 2, depending on how accommodating to our schedule the ferries to Put-N-Bay are.

I'm heading to CP Friday Aug 17th and Saturday Aug 18th... Does anyone know the ballpark wait times for the major rides (SV, Val, Millennium, TTD, etc) with Fast Lane Plus? Thanks!

MF, Maverick and TTD will still have waits in a queue that could be as long as 45 minutes given where the FL+ line is incorporated into the regular line.

It's still better than the regular lines that those coasters will undoubtedly have on a summer weekend. Then of course you also have to consider any down time as Maverick and TTD are well known for suffering occasional down time during the course of a day.

Valravn dumps you into the station and I hear that SV does as well, so I wouldn't anticipate long waits unless you just happen to hit the FL+ line at the same time as a lot of other FL+ folks. Our wait time on Valravn with FL+ when it was new ranged from a complete walk-on to a 15-20 minute wait behind several other FL+ folks. Not too shabby considering the regular wait time posted was 1.5-2 hours just about every time we went to ride it.

I wouldn't think that wait times with FL+ on any of the other coaster or flats should be an issue for you, but as mentioned, it all depends on if you hit a line at the same time as a bunch of other people with FL+, or if the ride is suffering any down time.

Thanks! Reading this makes me feel a little better that I dropped $$$$$$$ for FL+ for my GF and I for Friday and Saturday. She has never been to CP and I haven't been since 2008, so I felt like splurging to not have to wait 2 trillion hours to get on all the rides. I'm predicting SV to be my new #1 and I think my GF is going to fall in love with Maverick.

I am sorry if this has been brought up. Seems like a good deal. 45 bucks for a ticket and parking

read the fine print. . only good thru tomorrow:

Valid any one day Cedar Point is open to the public from June 23 - July 4, 2018.

edit: oh, interesting! the pop up when follow the link to the CP site, has the above fine print.

but if you just go to the purchase link it brings you to, the print says:

Valid between May 5-Oct. 28, 2018

so they have a disconnect on their own site. . . . they need to get that fixed, but otherwise, that's a deal that seems too good to be true.

wonder what the catch is?

I’m thinking it’s a problem with the canuter valve or the airtime fluid.

With bikes it's always muffler bearings or power bands. I wonder if I could modify a bike with some airtime fluid, that might be fun.

No, but maintenance is working on the top of the lift on the webcam so somebody smarter than me might have some theories.

And since I am smarter than you I bring you knowledge and great wisdom.

It is obviously the flux capacitor that is broken.

With bikes it's always muffler bearings or power bands. I wonder if I could modify a bike with some airtime fluid, that might be fun.

All I know about is spun bearings or ring land failures. That has to be the case.

UzJkiFz.jpg?1

All I know about is spun bearings or ring land failures. That has to be the case.

UzJkiFz.jpg?1

Such a pretty WRX. Ring land failures? Are they prone to detonation due to poor OEM mapping or are people driving them hard at low rpm?

^Thanks!! I had a 2015 World Rally Blue (nostalgia) STI before this 2018 White STI. People seem to think it's a combination of the piston rings, abuse, and poor tuning on these older EJ boxer motors. Not all together, but either or. Suspicions are that a lot of people don't let the cars warm up and other drivers lug the motor by flooring it before the turbo starts to spool around 3000+ RPM'S (old school!), causing the aforementioned detonation. A lot of others have questionably aftermarket tunes. This one is going to stay stock for a while. For my 2013 WRX and 2015 STI I just did basic bolt on mods that were supported by a Cobb 93 accessport plug and play tune. Those both ran reliably and great, with responsible driving.

I'm easy on my cars. I'd still have my 15 STI, had I not had some weird unheard of suspension/stearing issue that was never resolved. Subaru gave me a big voucher to get into the 18 STI, so I loaded her up with options and still made out really well. I plan on keeping this one for years, since I've always been into the WRX/STI. The STI is my dream car, since I have cheap tastes.

I'm heading to CP Friday Aug 17th and Saturday Aug 18th... Does anyone know the ballpark wait times for the major rides (SV, Val, Millennium, TTD, etc) with Fast Lane Plus? Thanks!

MF, Maverick and TTD will still have waits in a queue that could be as long as 45 minutes given where the FL+ line is incorporated into the regular line.

It's still better than the regular lines that those coasters will undoubtedly have on a summer weekend. Then of course you also have to consider any down time as Maverick and TTD are well known for suffering occasional down time during the course of a day.

Valravn dumps you into the station and I hear that SV does as well, so I wouldn't anticipate long waits unless you just happen to hit the FL+ line at the same time as a lot of other FL+ folks. Our wait time on Valravn with FL+ when it was new ranged from a complete walk-on to a 15-20 minute wait behind several other FL+ folks. Not too shabby considering the regular wait time posted was 1.5-2 hours just about every time we went to ride it.

I wouldn't think that wait times with FL+ on any of the other coaster or flats should be an issue for you, but as mentioned, it all depends on if you hit a line at the same time as a bunch of other people with FL+, or if the ride is suffering any down time.

Thanks! Reading this makes me feel a little better that I dropped $$$$$$$ for FL+ for my GF and I for Friday and Saturday. She has never been to CP and I haven't been since 2008, so I felt like splurging to not have to wait 2 trillion hours to get on all the rides. I'm predicting SV to be my new #1 and I think my GF is going to fall in love with Maverick.

I had a different experience than Phil when we went during a busy time on a Saturday near the end of June, 2016. The park was packed. Typically, we waited 5-10 minutes for Maverick with FL+, even when the line seemed crowded. Gatekeeper and MF always took us right to the merge point and we only waited a couple minutes at the gate, max. Valravn was always within a couple minutes. TTD was the only time where it took us 20-30 minutes to get into the station and the grouper was packing the station with no discretion. Hopefully Phil just went on an unusually busy day, or you get an experience somewhere in between ours.

Now... During the coaster campout a week before Memorial Day weekend... Everything was pretty much walk-on with FL+. I may never go on a different weekend, again.

^Thanks!! I had a 2015 World Rally Blue (nostalgia) STI before this 2018 White STI. People seem to think it's a combination of the piston ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings, abuse, and poor tuning on these older EJ boxer motors. Not all together, but either or. Suspicions are that a lot of people don't let the cars warm up and other drivers lug the motor by flooring it before the turbo starts to spool around 3000+ RPM'S (old school!), causing the aforementioned detonation. A lot of others have questionably aftermarket tunes. This one is going to stay stock for a while. For my 2013 WRX and 2015 STI I just did basic bolt on mods that were supported by a Cobb 93 accessport plug and play tune. Those both ran reliably and great, with responsible driving.

I'm easy on my cars. I'd still have my 15 STI, had I not had some weird unheard of suspension/stearing issue that was never resolved. Subaru gave me a big voucher to get into the 18 STI, so I loaded her up with options and still made out really well. I plan on keeping this one for years, since I've always been into the WRX/STI. The STI is my dream car, since I have cheap tastes.

The blue is cool, but I've always loved the pure sharp look of white and black. Nice that you did so well with Sub on your suspension/steering issue, I've heard they're a good company to work with.

If you call that cheap tastes, then have cheap tastes too, I finally got my dream car 2 years ago, a used 2012 Acura TL-SH with the tech package. Before that the most expensive car I owned cost about $2k, no kidding! Now motorcycles, yeah, I have a problem with spending way more on bikes than I do on cars. I'm dumb that way.

They must have finished flushing the airtime fluid system because it’s open.

Not to mention the hydraulic johnson rod supplementing the dual valve turbo exhaust chamber.

Rear automatic sequential intake transmissions are a bitch. Especially pulling 400 pounds of horsepower only using an archaic 3 wheel drive.

But who am I kidding, everyone knows that.

Atleast the 8 point seatbelts are illustrious and give that "soft but should be hard" feeling.

I don't know how anybody does without it.

Being a 4G63T and 4B11T fan this page has been a hard one to read

Evo for the WIn!!

On the Early entry topic, Over the last few years if you just went to the back get they would let you in. I would see people just buy tickets and walk right in with out showing resort guest. Last year at the start of the season they back parking lot was not open till 10 so that helped crack down on that.