TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Thank you both! I will be there “only” for 3 full days because we are arriving late at night on the first night. I so think that it should be enough time for everything with FLP though. I will not be going to the waterpark.

Sounds like staff at Breakers is awesome so I’m sure it will be great.

We purchased the FL+ bundle with our hotel package and it was a bit confusing - but this is how it works.

When you check-in, they will give you two receipts for each person / package purchased. The first receipt will be your admission ticket (we had 3-day tickets - so there were three admissions on the same receipt). Be sure to get your hand stamped when you leave the park each day as that is your re-entry method once it's been scanned in the morning.

Your second receipt will be for the all-inclusive bundle. This is a bit of a pain, as you have to get your FL+ at any of the locations in the park that sell this (there is one right inside the Magnum gate). To get your dining wristband, you have to scan the same receipt at the first dining location you use it at to get another wristband. To get your all-day drinks, you have to scan the receipt again to get your drink wristband (up to three wristbands now). For the FunPix card - after your first ride, they'll scan the same receipt and give you a lanyard with a FunPix card on it. You'll need to give them an email address so you can view them online. You have to do this each day you have the bundle. It's kind of comical how inefficient this is. But, you have FL+, dining and drinks all day, so it's hard to complain too much.

Thank you both! I will be there “only” for 3 full days because we are arriving late at night on the first night. I so think that it should be enough time for everything with FLP though. I will not be going to the waterpark.

Sounds like staff at Breakers is awesome so I’m sure it will be great.

I was there a couple weeks ago for 3 days, and we got FL+ on 2 of the days. Tuesday and Thursday were FL+, my sister was only there half the day Wednesday so we didn't do FL+ and mostly just went on the rides with shorter lines that we really didn't care about that my girlfriend hadn't been on before (Corkscrew, CCMR, Gemini, etc.) after running to SV for early entry.

Anyway, in that time we got on Steel Vengeance 18 glorious times, Millennium Force 7 times (didn't really use FL+ much for this but was still nice to cut out some of the wait), Top Thrill Dragster and Valravn 6 times each, Maverick 5 times, and Gatekeeper 4 times. Almost all of this was Tuesday and Thursday. There were also a couple of breakdowns that took about 2 hours out of our FL+ time, and the park closed at 8:00 all 3 nights.

My point is you'll have plenty of time to do what you want to do, but you won't get bored. After our 3 days there I still felt like we could have easily stayed another day. I'm sure you'll have a great trip!

I was there for three days on Memorial Day Weekend and got the Breakers package. I thought about doing FL+ but glad I didn't...It would have been a waste of money. 3 days is more than enough time to get everything done and having the early entry helps even more. We got 2 rides on SV every morning before they opened the gates to regular folk. We even spent a day at the waterpark...Use early entry for that too and knock out the slides quick before the crowds get there and then get back to the park. If you're staying at Breakers for multiple days, I say save your money and don't do FL+. Do all the popular rides early and late and all the other less popular rides are less than 30 minutes during mid-day. Now if you were only going to spend 1 or 2 days, then I would recommend FL+.

I went the weekend prior to Memorial Day. I fly into Ohio on that Saturday and spent an hour and half at the park and then I spent all day on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday at the park. I stayed at Breakers and I am platinum. I didn't get FL+ and it worked out fine. I ended up with 9 rides on SV, 15 on MF, 11 on Maverick, 12 on Gate Keeper, 8 on TTD, 4 on Valravn, and 9 on Magnum. Monday was the busiest day and the day I got the fewest rides. I can see this being the case in May and June before it gets crowded. If it was a lot more crowded, say in July & early August, then I would budget a day, maybe 2 for FL+.

Quick quick quick TR:

Went to the park on Father's day. It was SO HOT (yeah yeah, fight me). Did Gatekeeper, Valravn, Millennium Force, and Maverick during early entry with little to no waits.

I was a bit disappointed in Brew & BBQ this year. No food really stood out for me except for the brisket station you got a TON of meat for a "sample" and it was tasty, but the rest of the food wasn't that great IMO. I think the non-beer / cider selection was smaller this year (I know, it's about beer, but I don't drink that stuff) but what was there was pretty good. Had a really good pineapple cider I would go out and buy again. And I'm always a fan of ciderboys.

Sidenote: why are the tickets only good the day you purchased them? I ran into a few really pissed off people when the stands wouldn't accept their color of ticket from the day before.

Anyways, on the way out at 3pm-ish Millennium Force had a 1 train wait. To give you an idea of how busy it was; all the crowds were on the water rides and water park... I'm guessing.

Oh, I also got yelled at for filling an empty seat as a single rider. Guy refused to let me by him in the MF station and said I can get kicked out of the park. People are dumb.

Rode Steel err MEAL Vengeance 2x and I feel the ride just gets better the more I ride it. Thing was absolutely flying into the midcourse. That sideways jolt at the top is awesome lol.

c5215b344810ca6171c9f8a51c5bd6ae.jpg

Great day but way too hot. Couldn't stay any longer to enjoy the small queues because I was melting. Oh well, we will be back (as always).

I was a bit disappointed in Brew & BBQ this year. No food really stood out for me except for the brisket station you got a TON of meat for a "sample" and it was tasty, but the rest of the food wasn't that great IMO. I think the non-beer / cider selection was smaller this year (I know, it's about beer, but I don't drink that stuff) but what was there was pretty good. Had a really good pineapple cider I would go out and buy again. And I'm always a fan of ciderboys.

Since I don't know if I'll ever get my TR from last week up, I'll just comment here that I actually felt it was not as great of a selection as last year as well. On the whole, I thought it was a stretch to come up with more than 4 or 5 food items I wanted. HOWEVER, you are right on about the brisket! I couldn't believe how much brisket I got there for only 1 ticket! And it was quite tasty as well! So that was a winner! Also, I had a beer there - the Lex Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale - that was out of this world good! I only wish I'd discovered it earlier, before I ran out of tickets, because I would have gotten a lot more of it! Bottom line though, at least based on this year's selections, I had no problem sharing some tickets with my siblings who were with me (and wouldn't get the Brew and BBQ deal themselves, in spite of my urging, though they saw the error of their ways afterward), and I think 15 tix for two people would have been a fine number with what they offered this year.

I can't speak for AnonymousCactus, but as for me, my observation isn't based on whether it's a good deal or not (I still was very pleased with it from that standpoint), but rather that the food and beer selection didn't seem as large or varied as last year - at least for my tastes. It's still a heck of a cool event, to be sure, and one I'll do every year, as long as they have it! (And I really liked the new Brew Kettle beer, Huckleberry Hootenanny!)

I went to the park for my 2nd ever visit a couple weeks ago, finally have some time to log on and post.

Not a whole lot to say that hasn't been said at least a dozen times, but....

1. Everyone is fired for not telling me about the train ride through Boneville. I just happened to take a full loop toward the end of the day, and that was such a charming and fun surprise. I loved it.

2. The smell of the dead bugs cooking on the flood lights below Steel Veng was awful. I hope the park has figured out how to fix that by now.

3. Millennium Force is still my one true love (even though I got a face full of bugs on my night ride).

4. The Country Rocks show was fabulous. The new Lusty Lil show was a very weird hodgepodge, but the cast did a great job. It boggles my mind that their live shows have one cast and one tech, and everyone just works 6 days per week for months on end.

I went to the park for my 2nd ever visit a couple weeks ago, finally have some time to log on and post.

1. Everyone is fired for not telling me about the train ride through Boneville. I just happened to take a full loop toward the end of the day, and that was such a charming and fun surprise. I loved it.

2. The smell of the dead bugs cooking on the flood lights below Steel Veng was awful. I hope the park has figured out how to fix that by now.

Yes, the train ride is relaxing and amusing at the same time. Those bugs smell to me almost like popcorn...

Yes, the train ride is relaxing and amusing at the same time. The cooking bug smell reminds me of popcorn...

We took this train ride a few times as a way to get between Steel Vengeance and Millennium Force while resting our feet, and I was surprised at how entertaining the ride itself was. I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about this before now.

There's an extremely hot rumor I'm being told that SV is closed right now because they're working on getting three train operation going. Insert fire emojis here.

Can't wait to see if enthusiasts complain "3 train ops are slower than 2 trains uwu go back to 2 trains" since that's already been speculated by counting dispatches from the webcam

People are saying that "the gold and black trains are testing." Blackjack is the black one so that would probably explain why it isn't running considering it has been sitting on blocks of wood since April. Great to hear that it is finally being used if it is in fact true

I am here now. Steel Vengeance is only running 2 trains.

Well yeah... because it's open now. Getting it to the point where it can open with 3 trains is probably going to take more than one day of morning testing.

Yes, but everytime I went by, it was only 2 train testing. There was a train on the transfer track.

4. The Country Rocks show was fabulous. The new Lusty Lil show was a very weird hodgepodge, but the cast did a great job. It boggles my mind that their live shows have one cast and one tech, and everyone just works 6 days per week for months on end.

Yes. I played piano at Cedar Point from 1986-1990. We did 6 25 minute shows a day, 6 days a week. Once you get into the groove of doing it, it's not that bad.

I still play piano professionally (Walt Disney World for 19 years) and when the kids I am working with complain about having to do 5 20 minute shows a day, I just laugh.

I am here now. Steel Vengeance is only running 2 trains.

Well yeah... because it's open now. Getting it to the point where it can open with 3 trains is probably going to take more than one day of morning testing.

Yes, but everytime I went by, it was only 2 train testing. There was a train on the transfer track.

They need to get the 3rd train certified.

Just got off Digger. Chess is still running and Blackjack parked. Had an issue yesterday around noon riding 2nd row right side on Chess, my nephews restraint released just before launch after being secured and cheched. They reset and re-locked with no issues, but had that row closed the rest of the day.

Just got off Digger. Chess is still running and Blackjack parked. Had an issue yesterday around noon riding 2nd row right side on Chess, my nephews restraint released just before launch after being secured and cheched. They reset and re-locked with no issues, but had that row closed the rest of the day.

I cannot believe that the restraint came loose after they checked it, what would have happened if they had not noticed that and sent the train off? Sounds like a serious issue.....I hope we will never experience such a thing during our visit this coming August. I remember hearing a report earlier this season when the restraint came loose after they launched the train and the guy screaming and shouting to stop the train......I am not sure how accurate these reports are or if there is a real safety concern...

I didn’t believe these reports the first 5 or 10 times I heard them this season but after awhile it’s hard not to believe that this is an issue.

Still, it’s highly likely that the computer wouldn’t have allowed them to dispatch the train.

I never believe stories like that about restraints coming open, so it was a little surreal when it actually happened. Even stranger was that his seat stayed green on the board until they lifted the restraint completely back up.

Needless to say, the nephew didn't do that run with his hands up!

Another weird thing happened when we got out of the train, the restraints refused to stay up once we pushed them up, the left restraint (the one that wouldn't lock) came back down as I was stepping out and trapped my foot. Darn Chess was getting in one last shot.

Our second ride today was back on Chess and those 2 seats were still not in use and showed grey in the board.