TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Hi all, long time lurker...blah blah blah. Anywhoo, first things first, thanks for all the great laughs, inspiration and information I've gleaned from this site over the years. Secondarily, I'm taking my nephew to Cedar Point as his graduation gift. We'll be in-park June 19-21st, I've purchased platinum passes because we'll also use them at Knotts and CGA (and I hate paying for parking). I'm also planning on using the Fastlane+ in-park discount that I found out about reading here.

I'm so thrilled that SV is back on the Fastlane+ lineup, but I'm concerned that this will increase sales of Fastlane+ to the point that they may be sold out on the 19th when we get there. Do they sell out on Fastlane+ often? I'm watching the website and haven't seen any sellout dates yet, but I know it's still early in the season so crowd levels aren't as high as they'll be in the middle of the month. I know this is pretty much asking you to be prescient, but I guess I'm hoping for some insight. My plan is to check the website in the days running up to our arrival and if I see any days sellout I'll buy FL+ for the 19th and take the hit on the higher price, then buy it for the other two days when we're there on the 19th (if the weather report looks good for those days). Does this make sense?

Next question, we're planning on taking afternoon breaks at the waterpark so we'd like to park in that lot if possible, we'll be arriving around 8-8:30 am for early entry, when we get to the gates do we tell them this is what we're doing? Also, are guest services at the Resort Gate set up to process the season passes I've purchased online? I would assume so, but I know where assumptions get me.

I am completely amped to ride this lineup of coasters!

I'm concerned that this will increase sales of Fastlane+ to the point that they may be sold out on the 19th when we get there. Do they sell out on Fastlane+ often?

You'll be fine.

Next question, we're planning on taking afternoon breaks at the waterpark so we'd like to park in that lot if possible, we'll be arriving around 8-8:30 am for early entry, when we get to the gates do we tell them this is what we're doing?

Yep.

Also, are guest services at the Resort Gate set up to process the season passes I've purchased online? I would assume so, but I know where assumptions get me.

They are not. You will need to process your season pass at the season pass processing center that's to the left of the main gate. (Someone please correct me if this has changed for 2018 )

Have fun!

Welcome to TPR!

They're not going to sell out of Fastlane. Don't worry about that.

When you're entering the parking lot, just use the left lane and stay left when you go through the toll booth. Follow the road around the outside of the park until you get to the parking lot entrance across from Gemini. I'm not sure about the season pass processing question, but if it were me I would park near the main gate on day one, get there early and just process the pass at the season pass building to the left of the gate. You could always move the car later on... exit towards the bay and make a right on perimeter road to get to the back lot from the main lot.

Since you have a Platinum Pass you can get into the park an hour early (every day at any gate). Make sure you take advantage of Early Entry. Steel Vengeance, Maverick Millennium Force, Gatekeeper, Valravn, Skyhawk and some kids rides and flats will be open from 9-10 exclusively for passholders and resort guests. You can't use Fastlane during that time, but it's still an awesome perk (especially because you won't even have to wait on the ramps or station steps for Millennium Force, Gatekeeper and possibly Valravn... you can basically just walk on to a train).

Have fun!

PS: Make sure you show your pass whenever you buy ANYTHING in the parks or at the restaurants on the peninsula (in Breakers or at Famous Dave's at the marina). You get a discount on basically everything.

Thanks guys! I will cease fretting about Fastlane selling out

Now that I know we'll have to go to the processing center at the front of the park, we'll just park there the first day and I can move the car in the afternoon. On the CP website it shows the Season Pass center hours as opening at park open, so...we'll have to wait until 9am to get passes taken care of?

But more important than that, Brew and BBQ, worth it? I'm thinking 15 tix each might be a good deal and cover us for light lunch and tasting a few new beers for a couple days, or are the food servings tiny, and do we have to use all 15 tickets in one day? We're from the land of microbrew heaven, so although tasting new beers is great, we're more interested in the food options. I've got your recommendation for Trail Tavern noted, we'll be sure to stop in there for our beer fix.

For whatever its worth, last year I "processed" my Platinum pass at Michigan's Adventure by showing them the printout from the web order and them taking my picture and printing a card right there at the main gate. This year my renewal was "processed" by the parking booth attendant at King's Dominion. Not sure if CP is any different.

Hmmm, maybe I'll park at the waterpark and then if the resort gate can't do the AP's we'll just walk to the front gate. That'll save me from having to move the car halfway through the day.

I already entered our pictures online so they won't even have to take our pix.

You may want to call the park to verify. A few years ago, I let my pass renewal lapse and had to purchase a new pass. They scanned my receipt at the parking booth, scanned my receipt at the resort gate, and then issued a card at the season pass center later in the day when I made it to the front of the park. I'm not sure if this is still an option, but it worked for me between 3-5 years ago.

Been having a great time at the park these past few days. Here are a few highlights so far:

-Rode Valravn for the first time and I really enjoyed it. This was my first time riding a B&M dive coaster, and I think it’s better than people give it credit for. The first drop I actually didn’t think was anything too special, but the rest of the ride had some good positive Gs and nice hangtime in the inversions. I’d rank it as my 6th favorite coaster in the park and will probably land somewhere in my overall top 20.

-I already reviewed Steel Vengeance a few pages ago but yeah, it’s absolutely incredible and my new #1 coaster.

-Unlike my visit three years ago, Top Thrill Dragster has been running fairly reliably most of the trip. It went down yesterday at 5 pm for the rest of the day, but has otherwise has been consistently open.

-Gemini has only been running the red side so far.

-Crowds and lines haven’t been too bad, about 30-45 minute waits for most major coasters, 15 minutes or less for smaller coasters and flat rides, and Steel Vengeance has had 1.5-2 hour lines due to two-train operation.

-Ride operations are very good and fast overall. Special shoutout to the GateKeeper crew, they were rushing to load trains as fast as possible, and were usually dispatching the train before the one ahead of it reached the keyholes. Raptor and Valravn have pretty fast crews as well.

^ Good to hear about the solid operations. On all my visits I have experienced the same thing but with the park having a hard time filling positions this year I was a little worried. I will be there starting Sunday and cannot wait to ride SV.

You may want to call the park to verify. A few years ago, I let my pass renewal lapse and had to purchase a new pass. They scanned my receipt at the parking booth, scanned my receipt at the resort gate, and then issued a card at the season pass center later in the day when I made it to the front of the park. I'm not sure if this is still an option, but it worked for me between 3-5 years ago.

Just heard back from CP, their answer was " To redeem your Season Passes, you do have to go to the Season Pass Center. "

So, unless I'm told something different at the parking gates, I think I'll drive around to the waterpark, park there then walk to the front gate via the new Boardwalk pathway. The Boardwalk pathway does provide unencumbered access (even before the park opens) from the resort/waterpark area to the front gate, right?

Just heard back from CP, their answer was " To redeem your Season Passes, you do have to go to the Season Pass Center. "

So, unless I'm told something different at the parking gates, I think I'll drive around to the waterpark, park there then walk to the front gate via the new Boardwalk pathway. The Boardwalk pathway does provide unencumbered access (even before the park opens) from the resort/waterpark area to the front gate, right?

I never suggested they would "redeem" your pass anywhere else. Just saying they scanned my receipt at the parking booth and the resort gate. Later in the day I processed my pass (received my card) at the pass center up front.

I don't know what they mean by "redeem" in their statement.

Hi everyone! I am planning a trip to CP at the end of summer. I have been looking into FL+. Is it worth it? Also, is it cheaper to buy FL+ at the park or on their website?

Hi everyone! I am planning a trip to CP at the end of summer.

Nah, don't bother

I have been looking into FL+. Is it worth it?

Nah, don't bother.

Also, is it cheaper to buy FL+ at the park or on their website?

Nah, don't bother.

At Cedar Point today. We decided to get FL+ after we got here, and I don't know why I've never done it before. It's a great deal. Also, Steel Vengeance is for real.

Yeah, FL+ spoiled me after several visits using it. It's indeed a nice thing to have (if you can manage the cost).