TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I've been eagerly awaiting my Monday visit, and hoping I get the same outcome with my FL+. Don't care if it's going to be low or high crowds, this is a 1-day visit since my last in 2013. I'm stoked SV is finally back on the program!

Same story for us. Last time here was 2014 and since we have to travel a long way to get here it was definitely worth the extra money, especially considering the crowds today.

One thing I am surprised about is that it is way more crowded today than it was yesterday.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Hey guys, I'm planning a CP trip in two weeks. Thinking of heading there on a Sunday hoping to get a slightly less busy park. Thing is, it's been a few years since I've worked there, and even more since I've been a guest. So I have some questions, if anyone knows the answers that would be great!

1) Definitely getting FL+. I am thinking of booking the Express Hotel. Is there an option to buy FL+ in the same swoop online as booking the hotel room/park ticket passage? Or is it done separately online and/or at the park?

2) I am not sure how the new Boardwalk entrance works...is it possible to drive from the Express Hotel before 9, park, then walk through the Boardwalk Entrance over to the Resort Entrance by Magnum? I have done early entry several times but I usually waited at the main gate. I'm not even sure if it's allowed to go back to the Breakers/resort area pre-opening if you're not an on-Point guest, even if the new Boardwalk entrance now makes it possible. I did the Marina entrance once though, and that was a little bit helpful.

Any help would be great! Super excited to ride SV (and Rougarou and Valravn) for the first time. Thanks!

Oh, it’s absolutely allowed. In fact, I’m sure they welcome it so now people don’t take up Cedar Point shores parking spaces when they’re not really going there. Just walk along the fence by Gatekeeper (there’s a new marked pedestrian area) and under the big “Boardwalk” arch.

467FECFD-AA71-4FC3-BCA9-0F8D54B66980.thumb.jpeg.06e7e86272a11bfb52053e9b70fadec8.jpeg

It’s a really nice walk. They did a great job with that entire area.

Oh, it’s absolutely allowed. In fact, I’m sure they welcome it so now people don’t take up Cedar Point shores parking spaces when they’re not really going there. Just walk along the fence by Gatekeeper (there’s a new marked pedestrian area) and under the big “Boardwalk” arch.

That’s exactly what we did this morning after staying at the express hotel. Parked the car around 8.30 and walked the new boardwalk.

Picked up our Starbucks coffee along the way @breakers and waited about 10 minutes at the Magnum entrance with a lot of other people.

Watched the running when the gates opened which was fun to see but didn’t care to do the same( FL+ was already planned for today).

Eagerly awaiting a Coastermania review. I was at Holiwood Nights, and it seemed some people were doing Coastermania on Friday and HWN on Saturday.

I'm actually planning to do a mini-ish Coastermania review, with pictures! I just need to get my lazy butt (uh oh! Don't mean to bring that convo back) in gear, and do it. It was my first time, and I quite enjoyed myself, though I certainly didn't go hardcore coastering with it like one might assume with an enthusiast event.

Regarding the new Beach Boardwalk, I'll expound on it a bit more in my TR (with some lovely pictures!), but I used it a couple of times, both to get into the park at the Beach Entrance, and also when I left the park for the day, and was very impressed! Such a nice refresh to that beachfront, and I highly recommend anybody check it out, and utilize it at least once on their trip!

Another fun little tidbit from Coastermania... it was my first time ever at CP where I utilized all four entrances and exits on the same day! There was a lot of in and out throughout the day, and it took me all around the park, giving me that opportunity!

That’s exactly what we did this morning after staying at the express hotel. Parked the car around 8.30 and walked the new boardwalk.

Picked up our Starbucks coffee along the way @breakers and waited about 10 minutes at the Magnum entrance with a lot of other people.

Watched the running when the gates opened which was fun to see but didn’t care to do the same( FL+ was already planned for today).

Fantastic tips! Thanks. Starbucks is a nice plus, too.

Regarding the new Beach Boardwalk, I'll expound on it a bit more in my TR (with some lovely pictures!), but I used it a couple of times, both to get into the park at the Beach Entrance, and also when I left the park for the day, and was very impressed! Such a nice refresh to that beachfront, and I highly recommend anybody check it out, and utilize it at least once on their trip!

Just curious, last time I walked the new Boardwalk was on Mother's Day. Is it still full of dead fish? Or have they finally started to clean it like the other portion of beach?

Rode Steel Vengeance for the first time yesterday and yep, the hype is real. It was my 100th roller coaster and I currently rank it at the top above the other 99. Some of the elements and things this ride tries to do to you are simply unreal. The first drop, airtime moments, and inversions were all ridiculously intense. My favorite part was the final few bunny hills before the brake run, the airtime was so strong on some of those hills it felt like the train was trying to eject me. As for the mid-course brake, if it was biting at all, I didn’t notice it. Overall, Steel Vengeance is an absolutely incredible ride that deserves the reputation it’s been getting, and I strongly recommend planning a trip to the park to ride it if you haven’t already.

The saw a bunch. You can get a GK sticker for your car in the Gatekeeer gift shop to piss of all of your enthusiast friends.

enthusiasts
friends

Something doesn't add up.

My favorite part was the final few bunny hills before the brake run, the airtime was so strong on some of those hills it felt like the train was trying to eject me.

I find that interesting, since it was actually my least favorite part of the ride. Maybe it's just that every other RMC hybrid coaster has similar hills, or that Steel Vengeance already had plenty of ejector air on every hill before that, or maybe I just laughed and screamed so much along the way that I ran out of steam, but I felt like the final stretch of bunny hills was a bit overkill. Another inversion, some zia-zags, or even floater hills would have been a nice touch, in my opinion.

Was at the park today too. Didn't regret buying FL+ one bit. Steel Vengeance is something else... I honestly don't see how that ride can be topped. I think my favorite part was the first outerbaked turn. The airtime just kept getting stronger through the entire element. My favorite comment came from my friend who isn't an enthusiast.. when we hit the brake-run he looked at me and said the ride was trying to make him stand-up the whole time which I think is a pretty accurate description of SV.

Hey guys sorry to beat a dead horse, but I’ll be heading to cedar point for the first time this Saturday and the weather is showing scattered thunder storms and with a 60% chance of rain and winds ranging from 10-20 mph. Should I be generally concerned about any ride closures?

The wind won't be an issue. They might close Sky Ride and Windseeker but that's it.

As for the rain, some coasters will operate and some will close. It just depends on what the rain policy wheel lands on that day when they spin it. Dragster will close, other than that... round and round the rain policy wheel goes, where it stops, nobody knows!

Thanks for the info. I may be able to hit the park on Sunday as well for a few hours and there isn’t rain in the forecast. So if I miss anything I’ll be sure to hit them then. Also, only other question I have is, where in cedar point is the best to get a good beer?