TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

...But I think the 150th anniversary is huge in the parks eyes, and they will be making note of it with something big. They mentioned it like two years ago. That doesn't normally happen.

Whatever it is, it's obviously going to go 150mph.

Nothing is obvious in this crazy, messed up world. There were people that thought the RMC truck was photoshopped (Looking at you, Bill). And people that thought Steel Vengeance was going to be a new for 2017 (looking at you Mossed).

But I'd venture a guess that you're probably right. If anything, underselling the speed a little.

Oh god, not this debate again.

But I think the 150th anniversary is huge in the parks eyes, and they will be making note of it with something big. They mentioned it like two years ago. That doesn't normally happen.

Repeat after me...

Theme

Parks

Do

Not

Give

A

Single

Sh*t

About

Wood

To

Steel

Coaster

Ratios,

Anniversaries

Or

Bull***

Coaster

Feature

Quotas

Number

Of

Inverting

Coasters

Or

Stupid

Sh*t

That

... God damn

yeah but none of it will matter because Steel Vengeance isn't a real credit anymore due to the midcourse being slightly stronger

It's the other way around.. Every time Steel Vengeance trims you to a different speed, it's a new credit

2020: Worlds First 150 ft tall Log Flume themed to 150 ft tall singing mushrooms. Featuring a splashdown consisting of 150 gallons of water, as well as fire and smoke "effects".

flumetrip.thumb.jpg.6603c549f3f21bc0a6b349cdb2e3fd84.jpg

2020 - SkyRide gets extended all the way back to Maverick. coasterbill cuts ribbon at the launch ceremony and gets first public ride. His letter writing campaign pays off.

I know this is a joke and all but I'd be all for it.

I'm sure this has probably been brought up in the past, but down the road, when space really becomes an issue, is there a plan to create off-site parking so the current parking lot can be utilized for more park space? Maybe a monorail or tram could transport guests from parking lot to park. I would imagine some of the current lot would remain for various reasons.

I wouldn't put it past CP to be looking at some sort of parking idea in the long future -say 20-30 year-. could you imagine thought having the park go from the current main parking booth to steel vengeance? That would be one hell of a walk.