TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Glad I got my non-trimmed runs in during May!

Please, let's not make this a thing! There is negligible difference between previous rides, and the rides today!

But yes, May is THE time to come to CP, and this year's visits proved that again!

Hear that Cedar Point? Bring back the ferries to the mainland! Then you can build a parking structure there and build more rides in the parking lot!

Because that's what the theme park world needs... another TTC.

And knowing Cedar Point... a monorail that can't run in high winds, probably.

But hey, at least people will stop driving into sh*t on the peninsula and knocking the power out.

Speaking of Windseeker... what a day that ride's having. Are there people on it right now? Did it go for the trifecta?

I know it already got stuck up top with riders twice for like 20-30 minutes each time. I won't lie. I'm actually slightly jealous.

PS: Sky Ride is open for the first time since the power outage.

Don't judge me... I've spent the ENTIRE day on following up with people at work and sitting on hold so I mean... what a I supposed to do? NOT pop open the CP webcams.

Edited by coasterbill

Just got off our fourth ride of the day on SV! Rode front and we both agreed that, for us, it is better in the back. We just feel like it’s more relentless back there! Now we are taking a break from it until around 9 when the sun goes down for a night ride or two before it closes with the majority of the park. I’m slightly hopeful they’ll surprise us and add it to the night time lineup of ERT rides! Lol. Not likely, but one can dream lol

I’m slightly hopeful they’ll surprise us and add it to the night time lineup of ERT rides! Lol. Not likely, but one can dream lol

After walking around a park since 7am I couldn't think of anything better than Millennium Force ERT with the magic gate open (and you know it'll open), but to each his own. Be happy with what you've got, the Steel Vengeance crew has to sleep sometime.

I’m slightly hopeful they’ll surprise us and add it to the night time lineup of ERT rides! Lol. Not likely, but one can dream lol

After walking around a park since 7am I couldn't think of anything better than Millennium Force ERT with the magic gate open (and you know it'll open), but to each his own. Be happy with what you've got, the Steel Vengeance crew has to sleep sometime.

Lol. We are excited for MF ERT. Definitely will be fun to get some night rides on. Valravn too! Definitely no complaints with today!

It’s been an awesome day already with a whole lot more to go. SV is awesome. It seems like they are waiting for the train to hit the break run before they’ll send the next. One of our rides we were fully checked and still waited until the other train was back.

So, the Coastermania Q&A just happened, and I feel compelled to mention that Jason McClure gave affirmation that the 150th Anniversary in 2020 WILL be celebrated by something "big", and they will go all out! Let the debate begin again!

Sometimes I just can't help but stir the pot!

So, the Coastermania Q&A just happened, and I feel compelled to mention that Jason McClure gave affirmation that the 150th Anniversary in 2020 WILL be celebrated by something "big", and they will go all out! Let the debate begin again!

Sometimes I just can't help but stir the pot!

Bigger plastic cup size for free water at the food places would be life changing. No more searching out a drinking fountain to get an adequate amount of water.

I mean... what’s Jason McClure going to say?

“150th Anniversary? Oh yeah... we’re totally phoning it in. A few fireworks nights, first 150 people on opening day can get in for $1.50 to ride our 4 coasters that are ready to operate on opening day and we’re getting singing mushrooms because we thought the flagship should have singing mushrooms. Next question...”

I mean, maybe they’ll get something awesome but I don’t think their 150th anniversary plays into that decision and they’re going to say that anything they do is “big” so I wouldn’t read too far into it.

Oh god, not this debate again.

But I think the 150th anniversary is huge in the parks eyes, and they will be making note of it with something big. They mentioned it like two years ago. That doesn't normally happen.

...But I think the 150th anniversary is huge in the parks eyes, and they will be making note of it with something big. They mentioned it like two years ago. That doesn't normally happen.

Whatever it is, it's obviously going to go 150mph.

Singing mushrooms and a loop coaster? That would be pretty dope.

Worlds first 150 foot loop coaster next to worlds first 150 foot tall singing mushrooms?

Make it happen, Tony.

How about this, Tony?..... Give Animal Kingdom a run for it's money.

628271557_ResizeofIMG_2472a.JPG.5effd76f2931e889fb2ebaf738663c59.JPG

150 FEET TALL! Rusutsu Park ~ TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

Edited by Nrthwnd