TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Since this is the first full day that the ride has run 2 trains I don’t expect them to be spot on with the wait times yet. Maybe you’ll get lucky.

They were not spot accurate when they ran one train with respect to the wait time. Generally it was shorter than what they communicated.

Since this is the first full day that the ride has run 2 trains I don’t expect them to be spot on with the wait times yet. Maybe you’ll get lucky.

They were not spot accurate when they ran one train with respect to the wait time. Generally it was shorter than what they communicated.

I'm sure a part of that was to account for any unexpected breakdowns. Better to overestimate than to underestimate.

So the story on the injuries aired, and it was nothing but propaganda as expected. You can watch it here...

https://www.wxyz.com/news/local-news/investigations/broken-bones-and-other-injuries-often-go-unreported-at-cedar-point

They base this report off of 1 injury that happened 3 years ago, and 5 incidents of the result of tripping or falling. Nothing ride related. They are wanting a database of all the injuries from amusement parks so it's easier to sue them.

Basically the report has flaws.

1. The guy with the gash in his leg, did he rush to get through the gate before it closed. Did he do something to get injured? No details were given.

2. I'm sure Cedar Point keeps track of everything like companies do with their warehouses. But companies don't publically report if they have a minor injuries. IT may become public knowledge if something major happens. Notice Cedar Point reported earlier this year that 4 people received medical attention and were back in the park after the SV trains tapped.

3. I love how the report sells that heart conditions, back problems and other issues that Cedar Point tells you NOT to ride if you have any of these conditions are some of these unreported injuries.

4. Then when they rattled off some of the unreported injuries, each one was the result of the water oark and had nothing to do with the theme park.

Typical news report...

So the story on the injuries aired, and it was nothing but propaganda as expected. You can watch it here...

https://www.wxyz.com/news/local-news/investigations/broken-bones-and-other-injuries-often-go-unreported-at-cedar-point

They base this report off of 1 injury that happened 3 years ago, and 5 incidents of the result of tripping or falling. Nothing ride related. They are wanting a database of all the injuries from amusement parks so it's easier to sue them.

Basically the report has flaws.

1. The guy with the gash in his leg, did he rush to get through the gate before it closed. Did he do something to get injured? No details were given.

2. I'm sure Cedar Point keeps track of everything like companies do with their warehouses. But companies don't publically report if they have a minor injuries. IT may become public knowledge if something major happens. Notice Cedar Point reported earlier this year that 4 people received medical attention and were back in the park after the SV trains tapped.

3. I love how the report sells that heart conditions, back problems and other issues that Cedar Point tells you NOT to ride if you have any of these conditions are some of these unreported injuries.

4. Then when they rattled off some of the unreported injuries, each one was the result of the water oark and had nothing to do with the theme park.

Typical news report...

If I remember correctly, the guy tried running through the gate to get on the train in the station as the gate was closing.

Does anyone know if they’re trimming SV on the MCBR or are they letting it rip again?

When I last rode on May 29th, the MCBR was trimming ever so slightly. I believe it will always trim the train if the ride is running over a certain speed. But if you’re train is running within the “speed limit,” then you’ll most likely just fly through the MCBR without slowing down at all.

I think my favorite part of Coastermania so far (besides three amazing rides on Steel Vengeance!), is Cedar Point trolling easily butthurt coaster enthusiasts by putting Pipe Scream on the t-shirts!

it was on the shirt last year too. . LOL. . they do it on purpose

IMG_1805a.thumb.JPG.5e2830f1bb9eaceda3add3787ae371c8.JPG

Does anyone know if they’re trimming SV on the MCBR or are they letting it rip again?

If you look around twitter (@ItsMikeSimon 's replies) you'll see an off-ride video of what it was doing last night, and it is not pretty. It's far more than a slight trim, it's enough where neither the front or the back row have any air off the MCBR now. On opening day videos that specific hill looked ridiculously fun... so it has no doubt neutered at least one fun part of SV. Sigh... I missed it by a week.

I think my favorite part of Coastermania so far (besides three amazing rides on Steel Vengeance!), is Cedar Point trolling easily butthurt coaster enthusiasts by putting Pipe Scream on the t-shirts!

That [ ? ] block should have been something that resembles the Mean Streak/ Steel Vengeance structure with the ? above the block.

That [ ? ] block should have been something that resembles the Mean Streak/ Steel Vengeance structure with the ? above the block.

the coaster was in process of being converted at the time. . we saw the red RMC track. .but CP was still playing coy at that time

And we have an update from Tony:

We have good news regarding Steel Vengeance and Fast Lane Plus.

The manufacturer has completed adjustments to the ride, and we are now operating with an additional train.

Because of this, Steel Vengeance will be added back to the list of rides that accept Fast Lane Plus, beginning tomorrow, Saturday, June 2.

Thank you for your patience during this time – we know Steel Vengeance is on your list of rides to conquer at the park, and I can assure you, it’s well worth the wait!

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/steel-vengeance-update---june-1

Looks like I picked one hell of a good day to go like 5 months ago. I'm over the moon, can't wait for tomorrow!!

Same here! I picked June 10-12 back in February. Let's hope it stays this way and that all the bugs are worked out for the most part.

It’s been running pretty well with two trains today! I don’t feel that the trimming at the MCBR ruins the second half of the ride either. It’s been great. We’ve got three rides in today with more to come tonight! We rode middle twice and back once. Tonight will be a night ride hopefully in the front! But it has been running very nicely. I’m only aware of one breakdown today and it was short lived.

Mid-course brake noticably grabbed on one of my three rides, but even then, it didn't slow the train down much, and there was still airtime off the drop from it. The other two rides, if it did grab, I couldn't tell!

I will say, regarding the 3 train operation, I'm not sure how often they will run it, even they do get Blackjack in gear. They were barely completing loading one train, before the other hit the brake run, and honestly, it appeared they were intentionally waiting until it hit to dispatch. So I'm not sure they will actually gain a whole lot by adding a third...

Adding the second helped IMMENSELY, however! As somebody who rode at the First Rider Benefit, and then rode it a few times between then and now, the speed the line goes is SO much better with two trains. It was really moving today!

You’re going to want to watch that forecast, but as of now it’s fine.

There’s an outside of shot of Gatekeeper, Raptor and Dragster going down for a bit of it ticks up a few mph on the gusts but if the forecast doesn’t change I wouldn’t worry.

SV will be fine.