TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I wonder if this is all because of the trains bumping or if all this downtime would have happened anyway? I'm really crossing my fingers that we don't have Lightning Rod 2.0. But I know Cedar Point / RMC is doing everything they can, considering the insane popularity of this ride.

I'll revoke my comments when there's 3 train operations on Steel Vengeance. Until then, the parks operations of this coaster is proving me right.

So even though the park has NEVER RAN 3 trains at one time, or to anyone's knowledge has NEVER TESTED 3 trains at one time; so even though they have only ever ran 2 trains at one time or tested 2 trains at one time; the only logical explanation is of course, "obviously the park plans to operate the ride with 3 trains."

I mean, you just can't beat that good coaster enthusiast science.

Wow....

Just watched the teaser for the amusement park accident story that is airing tonight. Talk about reaching for a story.

The only "accident" they can mention from cedarpoint, is from last summer when someone got there leg cought in the safety gate on raptors platform. The whole report comes on tonight, but they also mention kings island.

It seems like every summer, some news station gets a bonor for amusement parks and airs some kind of propaganda story.

Screenshot_20180531-215433.thumb.png.e8fe980cd4ad6905ac3cdffc405ccd05.png

I'll revoke my comments when there's 3 train operations on Steel Vengeance. Until then, the parks operations of this coaster is proving me right.

So even though the park has NEVER RAN 3 trains at one time, or to anyone's knowledge has NEVER TESTED 3 trains at one time; so even though they have only ever ran 2 trains at one time or tested 2 trains at one time; the only logical explanation is of course, "obviously the park plans to operate the ride with 3 trains."

I have a rock that keeps Tigers away... You've never seen a Tiger around my dwelling, so this rock must be great at keeping them away!

If the park doesn't want to run three trains on SV, a fairly long coaster, why would they run three trains on Rougarou, Gatekeeper, Raptor, Magnum, and Valravn most of the year? All of those coasters are shorter than SV, and often stack while running three trains. If they were going to run 2 trains on SV, they would on all the coasters I listed. My point is - Cedar Point is all about efficiency. It's very clear to me that they care about fast operations. Why else would they have so many coasters with multiple stations & more than enough trains?

Now, about your "they never tested with three trains" argument - Good point, but I think the timeline of testing shows that they meant to run three trains, but just never got the time. The opening day incident, to me, shows that this ride wasn't tested enough. Of course, this is completely speculation on my part, but it just seems as though they wanted to run three trains, ran out of time with the quickly approaching first rider event, and settled with running two trains. That just makes the most sense to me.

I must have broke Cedar Point...Sorry everybody.

Did you break the enter key too?

In all seriousness, we had a similar situation. We left around noon on Monday after running into Ryan and the gang and everything was awesome when we left. There were people cleaning up concrete from a car crash in the parking lot that took out a concrete post but we got out of there before an (apparently different) car crash took out the power.

People of Sandusky... please learn how to drive.

The problem with the drivers is you have people from all over the place and when you get drivers from all over the places they will handle the same thing 10 different ways and create issues. This is the same as Orlando, LAs Vegas, or any tourist destination.

This pretty much sums it up. They went to the expense and effort to make a permanent sign. 2 days at the park = 0 rides on Sven...

Look the moose out front should have told you that the ride is closed today... Sorry folks....

So the story on the injuries aired, and it was nothing but propaganda as expected. You can watch it here...

https://www.wxyz.com/news/local-news/investigations/broken-bones-and-other-injuries-often-go-unreported-at-cedar-point

They base this report off of 1 injury that happened 3 years ago, and 5 incidents of the result of tripping or falling. Nothing ride related. They are wanting a database of all the injuries from amusement parks so it's easier to sue them.

This pretty much sums it up. They went to the expense and effort to make a permanent sign. 2 days at the park = 0 rides on Sven...

They have their own sign shop. It doesn't really cost much to make a sign like that. Heck the small park I use to work at had a local guy that made signs for us on a weekly basis.

This pretty much sums it up. They went to the expense and effort to make a permanent sign.

Ummmm... That's a coroplast sign (not permanent.) Super cheap, and it was inserted into a stand they probably have left over from Dragsters first seaon(s) So... "the expense and effort" ... that's $14.99. Tops.

Isn't it cheaper to just buy the sign for $14.99 from local sign shop than to pay someone $9 an hour to stand there and say the same thing the sign says?? (Thus meaning it's a smarter financial decision for the park???)

Sorry. I'm just failing to see how a $14.99 sign is signifying that Steel Vengeance won't be open for an extended period of time..

a 3 hour wait with just Coastermania people?

That’s what the sign says. And when I asked to verify, they said, “Yes. Approximately.” So for now we are just wandering after riding maverick and will try to hit dragster a little bit before it opens for ERT.

Since this is the first full day that the ride has run 2 trains I don’t expect them to be spot on with the wait times yet. Maybe you’ll get lucky.

Our plan as of now is to wait until close to park closing and then jump in line and wait it out. I’m just so surprised the line is so long. It goes through two sections of switchbacks... and it’s not just a couple times back and forth, as people that have seen the queue know. They are long and there are many lol. Tonight will be our first night ride and we will just deal with whatever the wait time is tonight. We are hopeful that it will be back on fast lane Plus.... not that it’s very likely... but I’d rather be optimistic lol

So the story on the injuries aired, and it was nothing but propaganda as expected. You can watch it here...

https://www.wxyz.com/news/local-news/investigations/broken-bones-and-other-injuries-often-go-unreported-at-cedar-point

They base this report off of 1 injury that happened 3 years ago, and 5 incidents of the result of tripping or falling. Nothing ride related. They are wanting a database of all the injuries from amusement parks so it's easier to sue them.

Oh wait, can I get some money from last year when my kid tripped over his own damn feet on the Magnum exit and skinned his knee? They should have KNOWN BETTER, clearly they're at fault for having that exit ramp be a slow downgrade and made of concrete. What a hazard.

On a non-sarcastic note, I'm glad to hear SV is back up and running for all the CM folks. Hope everyone enjoys and has a blast out there!

Hooray for two trains! Any word on the state of FL+ with SV?

The fast lane signs are out now and Steel Vengeance is still blacked out. I’m going to go in and physically ask someone to be certain.

As far as the queue for SV, we didn’t get back there until almost 8 am and it was a pretty full line. Now the early entry people are in so I’m sure it’s quite long now.

I'm the only one that cares, but I still feel like I should point out that they've maxed out the Sky Ride cable and stopped the ride which is the first time we've seen the ride move since the power outage. I'd imagine they'll be testing the backup motor today to see if they can bring the cabins in without making the drive station look like a Halloweekends maze.

... interesting to watch if you're a huge dork like me.