TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

And also, there's no reason for this ride to have 3 trains running. The Cedar Point ride ops do a fine job getting trains loaded and cleared, they even have a pretty unique restraint check that I haven't seen before which definitely helps with the efficiency.

It's Cedar Point... They need high capacity rides.

They already have high capacity rides. But this ride is quite different than the high capacity coasters that have 3 or more train operations at the park.

1) This is the first modern roller coaster they have refurbished that's old, and wasn't started from scratch. RMC and the park had to work with what they had. This is quite a bit different than B&M or Intamin flattening an entire area of the park and starting with a clean slate.

2) There was no room for an unload/transfer-to-loading and/or doubleloading station like Millennium and Maverick/TTD (respectively).

3) If they planned on running 3 trains, they would have probably done it on opening day with the huge crowds they had, or atleast it would have been seen testing a couple times running that way. It has never been seen doing 3 trains testing, and if they ain't doing it testing, they ain't doing it with people on board.

4) I get it, you're an enthusiast. High capacity rides give you a nice big coaster boner. I used to get them too. But consider: it is much more reasonable and practical for SteeVen to have 2 trains running with no stack, while also having a train sitting in the transfer if something goes wrong with the other two. As we know, RMC trains are quite finnicky. Having a fresh train ready to go if one goes down is better than running 3 trains, having one go down, and then quite possibly having another go down with no fresh backup. Because then the park is right back where they have been for the past 3-4 weeks at 1 train operations, with a full crowd, in the middle of summer.

It's NOT THAT BAD having one coming in to the final brake run with the other on the lift, and not stacking while the other one loads. YES, I agree, 3 trains would increase capacity by a little bit, but all things considered, with the ride dimensions and RMC train issues, it just make no sense running with 3 trains.

I'd bet the Cavs winning the Finals before I bet 3 train ops on SteeVe with passengers. And I want the Cavs to win.

giphy.gif

I must have broke Cedar Point...Sorry everybody. It was running fine when I left it Monday...But right after that the power outage happened. Seriously though, I had a great three days at the Point. Glad I went Friday - Sunday cause there were no problems unlike this week. Staying at Breakers was awesome...But beware the birds. They'll squawk all night outside your window and shit on your car. The park went from 9am - 10pm everyday and had fireworks every night. With early entry, I was able to get two rides on Vengeance every morning before the park opened for regular guests. I would have closed every night with Vengeance but Sunday they closed the ride down an hour early because they had ERT for Platinum Pass Holders from 10 - 11pm. And I wouldn't have had any problem with this but I wish the park would have tweeted or said something so people would have known about it...But no biggie, finished the night with Maverick instead...Not too shabby. The park wasn't too terribly crowded. I think the longest wait for Steel Vengeance was 2 hours. The rest of the rides never had more than a 45 minute wait...And some were walk-ons. I think Steel Vengeance ran fine with one train...The ops were cranking it out and the line seemed to move fine. But if they get the other train on, then awesome! There were a few downed rides...MaXair never ran once. The water rides didn't open until Sunday. Skyhawk ran some and was down some...Same for Pipe Scream. I think the only time they ran both blue and red trains on Gemini was on Sunday. Corkscrew ran one train and there was nothing in the shed on the Mine Train. As for Cedar Point Shores, it opened Saturday, but Saturday was a horrible day for the waterpark due to the weather so we went on Sunday which was beautiful that day. And it got major crowded. But thanks to early entry for hotel guests at 10:30am, we knocked all the slides out before the crowds got there. Not sure why the lazy river isn't running, it's closed off. The rapid lazy river was pretty disgusting...That lake water is nasty. If you want shade, go to the adult pool. The wave pool has no shade unless you want to pay extra. Some of the kid areas have shade too. Not sure why the wave pool area has no shade but it needs some. Cedar Point Shores is a whole lot better since I visited it 5 years ago...But it still needs work. A proslide would be a nice addition along with a water coaster or more slides in general...Maybe another wave pool too. But all in all, the water park was okay. Lastly, the question I asked last week about Wicked Twister...Rows 1 - 6 have longer belts and larger people can fit a lot easier. I rode WT three times this trip...Felt pretty good after being turned away 2 years ago. Oh, and one more thing...I have discovered riding in the back of Magnum and Rougarou offer far smoother rides.

Edited by The Geek Mojo

I must have broke Cedar Point...Sorry everybody.

Did you break the enter key too?

In all seriousness, we had a similar situation. We left around noon on Monday after running into Ryan and the gang and everything was awesome when we left. There were people cleaning up concrete from a car crash in the parking lot that took out a concrete post but we got out of there before an (apparently different) car crash took out the power.

People of Sandusky... please learn how to drive.

I must have broke Cedar Point...Sorry everybody.

Did you break the enter key too?

In all seriousness, we had a similar situation. We left around noon on Monday after running into Ryan and the gang and everything was awesome when we left. There were people cleaning up concrete from a car crash in the parking lot that took out a concrete post but we got out of there before an (apparently different) car crash took out the power.

People of Sandusky... please learn how to drive.

We left around 11:30am Monday morning...Sounds like we left about the same time. I was wondering why the traffic was moving so slow getting out. I didn't see a crash but the traffic was a bitch getting out.

I’m at the park today. SV is closed, but testing 2 trains. That’s a good sign for tomorrow, I think.

Nevertheless, I’m really impressed with this park. Even without SV, CP has a fantastic coaster collection, and their operations are some of the best I’ve seen. It’s like SFMM with KBF’s atmosphere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like wxyz(ABC) channel 7 out of Detroit, is having a story tonight about cedarpoint and amusement parks hiding accidents.

It's going to air after the NBA playoff game tonight.

I am sure its going to get blown out of proportion

Looks like wxyz(ABC) channel 7 out of Detroit, is having a story tonight about cedarpoint and amusement parks hiding accidents.

Yea, I'd bet money on it.

Is there a level you can purchase above Fast Lane Plus? I noticed a few times this past week that there were instances of people who got on Millennium Force (including front row) at the exit station, so that the spots were filled on the train when it pulled in. Also there was a group that entered Steel Vengeance through the exit gate.

Is there a level you can purchase above Fast Lane Plus? I noticed a few times this past week that there were instances of people who got on Millennium Force (including front row) at the exit station, so that the spots were filled on the train when it pulled in. Also there was a group that entered Steel Vengeance through the exit gate.

VIP tours. https://www.cedarpoint.com/tickets-passes/vip-tours

^^In the case of Millennium Force, VIP tour guests and alternate access guests both board the train at the unload platform. VIP tours can be purchased for around $475 per person (plus tip), whereas alternate access passes are obtained at Guest Services for guests who require them (after their conditions are examined).

I'm planning a trip to go to Cedar point between July 16 and July 18, which is a Monday thru Wednesday. I was just wondering how busy the crowds get because I can only stay a maximum of two days. Is it worth it to go one day and buy a fast pass or go two days without a fast pass? Just curious so I can get the best possible experience.

Yea, I'd bet money on it.

They probably think an emergency stop on a lift hill is considered an "accident."

^^In the case of Millennium Force, VIP tour guests and alternate access guests both board the train at the unload platform. VIP tours can be purchased for around $475 per person (plus tip), whereas alternate access passes are obtained at Guest Services for guests who require them (after their conditions are examined).

Do you know the rules for getting Alaternate access pass, i have seen people using it and my self have big walking issue have wondered what people do to get it. I wait like everyone else.