TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I waited about two hours for a front row ride this morning, the ride is absolutely insane. Easily the best here and will probably ride once more in an hour or so. The trim is noticeable but it doesn’t really have an impact. One of the best coasters I’ve been on.

Also I saw a few Max Air tests, looks like they are training employees on the ride or something.

Edited by BoulderDash

Okay, hearing all the reactions of the trims has me less worried. I still think they should only use the MCBR to trim it during 3 train ops and leave 1 & 2 train ops untouched, but alas I'm not an engineer nor am I anyone with authority to tell them anything

Glad to hear the trimming doesn't make much of a difference on the rest of the ride. Let's hope that the 5pm closing helps them sort this all out. Speaking of which, does anyone know what the status of certification is? I heard that only two trains are certified and the other is used for parts, can anyone confirm this?

If this was even remotely true... Why would CP go to the trouble of theming and naming three trains when they "allegedly" knew they'd just be using two trains. Why theme the third train if its only going to be used as part. This does not pass the logic test so it's bullshit.

do any of you guys ever go alone? i've tried to get my friends to go with me but none of them like rollercoasters, and i haven't been there since probably 2010 even though i only live an hour away. i just don't wanna look like a loser that shows up on rides all day alone lmao
thanks guys. guess i won't be the only loner there, so i'm thinking about grabbing a season pass to catch up on lost time.

do any of you guys ever go alone? i've tried to get my friends to go with me but none of them like rollercoasters, and i haven't been there since probably 2010 even though i only live an hour away. i just don't wanna look like a loser that shows up on rides all day alone lmao
thanks guys. guess i won't be the only loner there, so i'm thinking about grabbing a season pass to catch up on lost time.

Absolutely do so. Have a great time!

Just rode SV again, but this time in the back row. (Also got to cut in front of everyone on the stairs as they were looking for a single rider) This time the MCBR didn’t stop the train as much, or maybe I didn’t feel it being in the back. But this time the back end was as crazy as it should be. Definitely got a lot of air on the drop after the MCBR. Hopefully this is how the ride runs from now on! Also this was my first ride (of 30 or so) on Digger, so maybe they are close to running 2 trains...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My girlfriend and I are kinda making a last-minute decision on whether or not to go to the park this weekend (6/2-6/3) or 6/23-6/24. I know Coastermania is going on of course, but the ERT sessions don't seem to overlap with normal operations. We don't plan on attending the event itself, but how are the crowds normally this weekend as a result of it? Weekdays are not an option; vacation days are being used for other trips this year.

Thanks in advance!

Glad to hear the trimming doesn't make much of a difference on the rest of the ride. Let's hope that the 5pm closing helps them sort this all out. Speaking of which, does anyone know what the status of certification is? I heard that only two trains are certified and the other is used for parts, can anyone confirm this?

If this was even remotely true... Why would CP go to the trouble of theming and naming three trains when they "allegedly" knew they'd just be using two trains. Why theme the third train if its only going to be used as part. This does not pass the logic test so it's bullshit.

Ding ding ding... You hit the nail on the head. Why would they go to all the trouble of theming the three trains to the three characters and not run all 3 trains, which they did briefly on the first day until 2 bumped. The original question is complete BS. All 3 will be certified at some point or at some point 3 trains will be certified on this ride to the 3 characters.

Blackjack is missing wheel assemblies that I could see in the back and didn’t have a bumper on the back of it. My guess is they are using it for parts to keep the other trains going. Chess was running earlier but it was having issues and they put digger on.

I would agree with the last couple posts. They may be temporarily borrowing parts to piece together the 2 trains that bumped, but they will replace whatever needs to be replaced for all 3 trains to operate.

This is why I like to try and get to a coaster when it first opens before changes are made. It is not going to make or break the ride but I would love to experience it in its first form before changes.

I'm the same way. I was lucky enough to go to KD right when they decided to add trims down the entire first drop on I305. To this day I haven't been back and that's how I remember the ride. Luckily I was able to ride Skyrush before they slowed the lift hill. Changes are usually minor and don't really detract from the total experience a whole lot, but I still like to experience new coasters in their purest forms so I can remember them that way.

Ding ding ding... You hit the nail on the head. Why would they go to all the trouble of theming the three trains to the three characters and not run all 3 trains, which they did briefly on the first day until 2 bumped. The original question is complete BS. All 3 will be certified at some point or at some point 3 trains will be certified on this ride to the 3 characters.

Perhaps all these problems are actually an immersive part of the theming.

Steel Vengeance has been sabotaged by Maverick, and in the process Blackjack lost a foot, so he's out. Chess now is in charge of Steel Vengeance (for the most part), while Digger is away, working at the local shopping mart. I mean, they have to pay the medical bills for Blackjack somehow. Pretty soon though, the bills will be paid, so Digger can come back and work Steel Vengeance full time with Chess. Black Jack still has a screwed up foot though... it'll take him a while before he can work.

I’m in the station and a higher up went to the back and watched the brake run when the train came back. I’ll see if I can see anything going on when the ride closes.

Edit: I saw an IOE employee heading to the ride once I got off, definitly something going on.

(referring to the part I bolded) SV has never run three trains at the same time. When the collision occured, only two trains were running. The third was in storage. They ran two trains for the first rider event, the 3 season pass holder days, and the first half of opening day. Just to clarify, by "used for parts" I meant only temporarily, obviously they'll get them all running at some point. BoulderDash's post suggests the same:

Blackjack is missing wheel assemblies that I could see in the back and didn’t have a bumper on the back of it. My guess is they are using it for parts to keep the other trains going. Chess was running earlier but it was having issues and they put digger on.

I'm not sure what the requirements are for being state certified in Ohio, but the area was still getting significant snow only about a month ago. If nothing else, for that reason alone I've been giving CP the benefit of the doubt on most of the early season issues we've seen so far.

I'm not sure what the requirements are for being state certified in Ohio, but the area was still getting significant snow only about a month ago. If nothing else, for that reason alone I've been giving CP the benefit of the doubt on most of the early season issues we've seen so far.

They ran all 3 trains on opening day. They wouldn't have done that if they weren't all certified.

Currently at the Frontiertown station and SV is currently testing with two trains. They’re not sending them too fast though. There are also spare breaks sitting on the ground next to the transfertrack.

^BTW they didn’t run all three on opening day. Was there and Blackjack was for sure in storage. I think it’s in my picture I took before the accident.

They ran all 3 trains on opening day. They wouldn't have done that if they weren't all certified.

It has never run three trains except briefly during pre-season testing. Opening day was two trains.

:lol: Good lord, I'm half expecting some enthusiast to camp out on Perimeter Road behind Steel Vengeance with a radar gun soon...

Can't I just use my Drone?

I really doubt the midcourse is doing anything except bleeding excess speed on these warmer days.

Not sure why y’all are so worried about that thing in the back of the park when Sky Ride still hasn’t reopened after the power outage. There’s way more pressing sh*t at hand.
Sorry you will have to walk down the midway. It is pretty wide so I think you will be able to make without running into people. You are more likely to run into people during the 1K morning run to SV. Now let's get back to the more pressing issue.....