TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

This has always been my biggest fear. I’ll be there tomorrow so hopefully it doesn’t slow it down too much.

If THAT'S your biggest fear, sounds like life must be pretty sweet right about now!

If that's their biggest fear they must not live in the US.

My biggest fear within the context of amusement parks..

And I live in the US. Wouldn’t want to live anywhere else..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Who the hell decided to pay this guy to do stories? All they did was bite off some other persons twitt post, and dub it with some super dumb and annoying narrater.

That’s all the media ever does anymore, it’s terrible. Anytime there is an “event”, say a plane crash, you see every news source scanning twitter/instagram to find photos/video and immediately post:

“Hey, so sorry you had to deal with this crash. Glad you are OK. Hey, this is Steve with ABC news, can I have permission to use your photo in our story with full credit?”

First off, you are not sorry and just thirsty for a photo so you can show your boss you did “work”. I wish people would just say NO to these goons. Then you end up with stories such as that… Garbage.

Just rode SV for the first time with the MCBR and it really makes the 2nd half not as fun, especially the drop right after it, absolutely no air time. Still a great ride but not the same.

This is why I like to try and get to a coaster when it first opens before changes are made. It is not going to make or break the ride but I would love to experience it in its first form before changes.

Just rode SV for the first time with the MCBR and it really makes the 2nd half not as fun, especially the drop right after it, absolutely no air time. Still a great ride but not the same.

With the MCBR activated, is it running one or two trains?

I got 9 rides on SV on my trip about 8-10 days ago. I sat in rows 1, 9, 11, and 12. With the three rides in row 1, you didn't get anytime off the hill after the MCBR. The further back you go, the more air you got. You would expect this. You really need to compare your ride after the change to a ride you had in the same row. Just throwing it out there before everyone jumps off a cliff about the changes....

I rode in the front, back and somewhere in the middle this past weekend. I don’t get the obsession with that drop. It’s great, but so is every other hill on the ride.

I’m really not freaking out about this. People really shouldn’t be concerned.

With the MCBR activated, is it running one or two trains?

Still only 1

I got 9 rides on SV on my trip about 8-10 days ago. I sat in rows 1, 9, 11, and 12. With the three rides in row 1, you didn't get anytime off the hill after the MCBR. The further back you go, the more air you got. You would expect this. You really need to compare your ride after the change to a ride you had in the same row. Just throwing it out there before everyone jumps off a cliff about the changes....

Rode in row 7 today and I was in every row before today. Got air in every row after the MCBR except row 1 before.

I rode in the front, back and somewhere in the middle this past weekend. I don’t get the obsession with that drop. It’s great, but so is every other hill on the ride.

It’s not just that drop, the entire 2nd half is noticeably weaker.

It’s amazing how much slower one train ops are than two. Compared to being here on opening day this line is a drag. Oh well, well worth and still a shorter wait in terms of time. We were going to wait for later but with the closure at 5 and the weather today we didn’t want to take any chances.

A5204CBD-4835-4476-B459-8A137C7D33D1.thumb.jpeg.08b79e69e08cfe2dca1521b2e2e2c8f4.jpeg

We out here

Update: It just went down wooohhh.

Anyway there was a savage op on Valravn, he said “What is this? Six Flags?” When a train was taking longer than normal lol.

90% sure they just tested it with no trims because it was going a lot faster over the late few bunny hills than the previous run. Since I’m in line and it’s down I’ll give update when available lol.

Update: finally got a look at the trim and it is on but this thing still flys even with it.

Edited by MiABeta

Anyway there was a savage op on Valravn, he said “What is this? Six Flags?” When a train was taking longer than normal lol.

Shots fired

Knowing enthusiasts after trims were added to i305 and Holiday World's Voyage mcbr's were slowing most trains down, I'm betting there might be some moaning and groaning to be had at Coastermania if it stays (I won't be there, tho, you guys have fun). But the thing about those coasters is that they still remained pretty dang wild and I'm betting Steel Vengeance is no exception from this. I'll personally accept that mid course bite if it means more trains can run.

Whew! Good deal. I can now remove the blade from my wrist and step back off the balcony too. Otherwise it wasn't going to be a good morning. Please remain calm and ride on.

That's got to be a good sign.

You would imagine and I hope so.

If anyone is there today after 5 pm please post if you see anything like multi-train testing.

My friend has ridden it three times since the new "trims" and had ridden it probably more than 20 times before the "trims". He said that while they are noticable, they're subtle and the second half of the ride is still kick ass. He also added "make no mistake, this is still my number one coaster by far."

So hopefully we can trust his judgement. I'll see for myself on Friday.

^ Got off about 30 minutes ago and with only my one opening day ride to compare it to, and seeing as my ride today was in the back, there was really nothing notable different. If anything my ride today was so much better being in the back vs the middle.

And I agree this ride is undoubtedly my number one of all time. The back’s ejector air was unbelievable.

Glad to hear the trimming doesn't make much of a difference on the rest of the ride. Let's hope that the 5pm closing helps them sort this all out. Speaking of which, does anyone know what the status of certification is? I heard that only two trains are certified and the other is used for parts, can anyone confirm this?

I heard that only two trains are certified and the other is used for parts, can anyone confirm this?

Public Service Announcement: The people who know the answer to that question can't answer it so any answers you get will be total bullsh*t coming from people who don't know what they're talking about.