TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

If anyone is at the park today, let us know the details on the boarding passes, such as what time they were distributed, and how quickly they run out, if you are able. I ask because we are going on Monday and I'd just like to have an idea of what to expect.

Thanks!

expect for SV to not be operating, and to have a good time at CP regardless?

that way if you can get a ride on it, it's an added bonus, but you aren't going to be disappointed if you cant.

just my suggestion. Even without SV Cedar Point is a fantastic park, with lots of great coasters and flats to keep you busy.

(hell, when I was there last year, SV wasn't even half built, and Mean Streak had already been shut down. . and I still had a GREAT first time ever at the park).

not what you want to hear, I know, but at least that's where I would set my expectations.

It is no big deal if it isn't operating. I've already been twice this season, we are pass holders and have been for the best several years, so I know what to expect. Really appreciate your reply. I just was curious about more info on the boarding passes, like what time they typically they start distributing them. If It is at open or slightly later. Also, how quickly they run out. Can you get a second one if they are still distributing them if you get an early enough ride?

I don't know what the cost of one of those new Vekoma family boomerang coasters is but I feel like it's probably priced such that Cedar Fair could buy one for every park in like a 2-3 year span, and I'd totally be for it.

I was thinking more of a Vekoma suspended family coaster instead since other Cedar Fair parks have them (Carowinds, Kings Island, Canada's Wonderland), but Cedar Point being their big park (I guess?), they get a bigger model like the one shown in the video. Something like Freedom Flyer at Fun Spot or Kvasten at Gröna Lund (which I think the model shown in the video was reflecting).

The data is pulled straight from the app. The Haunt mazes are on it because they basically coded it to show "recently updated" rides and then hide them after a set amount of inactive days. Since the Haunt attractions were technically open 5 operating days ago they haven't dropped off yet.

The data is pulled straight from the app. The Haunt mazes are on it because they basically coded it to show "recently updated" rides and then hide them after a set amount of inactive days. Since the Haunt attractions were technically open 5 operating days ago they haven't dropped off yet.

Aha, okay cool good to know.

I hope they get at least one more train running on SV for CoasterMania. But with this being my first trip to CP, if I missed out on SV, it wouldn't ruin my trip for me, as it sounds like there's plenty else to do and see there.

There is PLENTY of other things to see and do!!! I mean, there's almost 20 other coasters!!! (#TooSoon)

In all seriousness though... There is a TON of stuff to do. Obviously, we are all hoping Steel Vengeance will be open for you. But if it's not there is no doubt about it that you will STILL have a GREAT trip!

Ride Top Thrill Dragster and Maverick a few times for me!

Will do. I'm really looking forward to checking out the park's Intamin collection.

I hope they get at least one more train running on SV for CoasterMania. But with this being my first trip to CP, if I missed out on SV, it wouldn't ruin my trip for me, as it sounds like there's plenty else to do and see there.

yep. . pretty much what I was just saying

and Bill will tout skycabins as must do (which they are, tho the course is short), and I will tout Cedar Downs as a must do (which is it, and try to ride the outside horses, the centrifugal force is so much fun).

I used to ski a lot, and used to get a kick out of the views you can get from a chairlift, so I'm looking forward to trying CP's sky ride. I'm definitely giving Cedar Downs a try, too.

I don't know what the cost of one of those new Vekoma family boomerang coasters is but I feel like it's probably priced such that Cedar Fair could buy one for every park in like a 2-3 year span, and I'd totally be for it.

I was thinking more of a Vekoma suspended family coaster instead since other Cedar Fair parks have them (Carowinds, Kings Island, Canada's Wonderland), but Cedar Point being their big park (I guess?), they get a bigger model like the one shown in the video. Something like Freedom Flyer at Fun Spot or Kvasten at Gröna Lund (which I think the model shown in the video was reflecting).

You do realize that Woodstock Express is the exact same course as those suspended versions? It’s just on top of the track instead of under the track.

Steel Vengeance just posted up at 240 minutes. Also... that's a lot of red. Cedar point in May is certainly an experience.

[attachment=0]Untitled.jpg[/attachment]

Is this being driven by weather? Of the main roller coaster only SV and MF are open. Raptor and Rougreau are also open and most of the smaller ones are open. Seems odd that Maverick, TTD, Gatekepper, Magnum XL, and Valravn are all closed or not operating at once.

My guess is that it's a combination of weather, boatloads of mechanical issues and the fact that I'm pretty sure the park forgot to update Gatekeeper and possibly Iron Dragon.

It wasn't raining or windy when I took that screenshot though. It's just Cedar Point being Cedar Point. I think everything has operated today at some point except for Maxair (obviously) and possibly Iron Dragon, rides just go up and down a lot.

It's Cedar Point in early May. They'll get it together.

Edited by coasterbill

You do realize that Woodstock Express is the exact same course as those suspended versions? It’s just on top of the track instead of under the track.

Hm. Never realized that. Although, even if you placed them next to each other, I suspect the number of people that would catch on to this (or if they did- give it a second thought) would be low.

Is this being driven by weather? Of the main roller coaster only SV and MF are open. Raptor and Rougreau are also open and most of the smaller ones are open. Seems odd that Maverick, TTD, Gatekepper, Magnum XL, and Valravn are all closed or not operating at once.

Glimpsing at the webcams, I see trains cycling regularly on Maverick, Gatekeeper, Raptor, Rougarou, and Millennium Force (can't see Dragster, Magnum, Steel Vengeance...). Valravn is the only one visible on the webcams that appears to be closed.

Edit: Looks like they're sending empty trains out on Valravn as well, so I'd expect that to open shortly.

Edited by Ed Farmer

Here's the actual link by the way since I get the feeling that some people among us (not all, lol) are looking at a screengrab from earlier and treating it as live information. (PS; I'm aware of the fact that they use the same color for "closed" and "60+ minutes" is dumb and has always been dumb)

Also keep in mind that trains cycling =/= rides open as they keep breaking and have to keep going through test runs before they reopen and (in the case of Valravn) run for 10 minutes before stopping on the block brake again for no reason and closing.

As an aside, I'm at work and have spent the majority of my day calling for commission statements which is basically code for "sitting on hold endlessly" and therefore have spent way too much time watching this crap today.

Seems odd that Maverick, TTD, Gatekepper, Magnum XL, and Valravn are all closed or not operating at once.

On a weekday in early May? Nothing could ever be less "odd" (though I am 99% sure that they're just not updating Gatekeeper).

^ It says on the site that Wicked Twister is "Operational"? Is anyone at the park that can update on this? Also Rougarou with a 15 minute wait is a DREAM! I love that ride, it's underrated to be honest.

Did you read "bigger model?" It's an upstep from that coaster, plus it's suspended, so it gets young enthusiasts ready for bigger coasters like Raptor.

Here's a photo of the model I mentioned:

152606080055973054?1866129068

Edited by DarienPoint

After 10 years, I plan to finally return to Cedar Point. I plan on visiting form June 26th to June 28th. I will be staying at the Express Hotel. I am already planning on getting Fast Lane Plus at least once. Just one question, I wear glasses, should I just leave them in my truck?

After 10 years, I plan to finally return to Cedar Point. I plan on visiting form June 26th to June 28th. I will be staying at the Express Hotel. I am already planning on getting Fast Lane Plus at least once. Just one question, I wear glasses, should I just leave them in my truck?

zipper pocket

zipper pocket

Or a sports strap that can be tightened.

I will be there for the first time ever on the 27th!! I already got my Fast Lane Plus for sure since I will only be there one day.

Did you read "bigger model?" It's an upstep from that coaster, plus it's suspended, so it gets young enthusiasts ready for bigger coasters like Raptor.

Here's a photo of the model I mentioned:

I did read that. I also read "Cedar Fair has these at the other parks" and I was pointing out that Cedar Point already had an equivalent to all the other Cedar Fair parks.

I guess Steel Vengeance had an incident that is causing it to run one train for the time being. I'm going to laugh if its running one train for Coastermania because I was originally going to go to that but it sold out so quick I changed my plans to go to Holiwood Nights instead. I still plan to visit CP in August so Steel Vengeance should be running smoothly by then.

Here's the actual link by the way since I get the feeling that some people among us (not all, lol) are looking at a screengrab from earlier and treating it as live information. (PS; I'm aware of the fact that they use the same color for "closed" and "60+ minutes" is dumb and has always been dumb)

The site (or its data source) can't be trusted. It says the wait for Millennium Force is 60 minutes right now and I'm watching the webcam and the line doesn't even extend to the holding block brake behind the unload station. That's, at best, a 5-train wait.

How many times do I need to say this?

The source is the Cedar Point app. The Cedar Point app is not gospel and always has some anomalies but generally speaking you can figure out with a little common sense which things are updated frequently and which things aren't. Millennium Force had a huge queue earlier (which was apparent on the webcam), then it rained a lot and cleared it out and the park hasn't bothered to update it yet because it's probably not high on their list of priorities.

I guess Steel Vengeance had an incident that is causing it to run one train for the time being. I'm going to laugh if its running one train for Coastermania because I was originally going to go to that but it sold out so quick I changed my plans to go to Holiwood Nights instead. I still plan to visit CP in August so Steel Vengeance should be running smoothly by then.

As fate would have it...