TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

DirkFunk mentioned the foodtrucks in his post the other day; I couldn't find any listing on the CP site of who/what's there to offer. Can anyone chime in?

I'd just keep an eye out here... I have a feeling once it gets closer they will post more details about it there.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry, wasn't referring to the end of the year event - there are already food trucks at CP. The last blast is great for the guarantee of those delicious food trucks, though! We're getting them early and often this year it seems.

DirkFunk mentioned the foodtrucks in his post the other day; I couldn't find any listing on the CP site of who/what's there to offer. Can anyone chime in?

please, anything but the goddamn 2019+ and boat posts

https://www.facebook.com/thegauchothegringa/

This one is/was outstanding!

Awesome, thanks for the link! I think that's the spot he visited. Looks great. Based on their schedule, they'll be back at CP!

June 2018

Friday, June 1st – Sunday, June 3rd: Cedar Point

https://thegauchoandthegringa.wordpress.com/schedule/#may

I'd just keep an eye out here... I have a feeling once it gets closer they will post more details about it there.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They're already there. There's no listing anywhere of who is or what they're selling, but I recall at least 5 all located on the main midway.

Also Gaucho and Gringa was totally it. Really delicious. There's an Argentine Sausage plate which you could probably share that they've got. Burgers were outstanding.

Hey I'm about to bring up Fast Lane again, but for a slightly different reason.

Steel Vengeance is currently not listed as available under either Fast Lane or Fast Lane Plus

https://www.cedarpoint.com/tickets-passes/fast-lane

(Though there is an empty slot on the page, for whenever it gets added again.)

I was just about to post this. My guess is the boarding passes will be returning.

Hey I'm about to bring up Fast Lane again, but for a slightly different reason.

Steel Vengeance is currently not listed as available under either Fast Lane or Fast Lane Plus

https://www.cedarpoint.com/tickets-passes/fast-lane

(Though there is an empty slot on the page, for whenever it gets added again.)

I think we will learn what is up when the park opens this weekend and if they are handing out 1 hour block passes. Until then everyone is just guessing.

1 hour block passes meaning that you can only use FL+ once per hour? Some of the facebook posts are epic. There's one guy raging about spending $1000 (OMFG!!) for his trip and already reserving FL+ for three days. He's commenting on every response to main post and saying he's going to demand to be able to use his passes, because he intended to ride SV at least 30 times! He then posted his documented ride count from his last trip to KD as an example of how much he uses FL+, since he rode I305 and Twisted Timbers pretty much non stop... This dude sounds like a miserable douche.

Steel Vengeance is nice and all, but what's the early word on 2019?

Seeing as CP just got a huge new coaster (and work on Carowinds' new coaster is well underway), I'm guessing something smaller? Maybe an area renovation/re-purposing? Looks like people seem to think something with the old stadium and Wicked Twister area? The newspaper surprisingly hasn't leaked any info yet.

You remind me of my wife. We'll be preparing dinner ready and she will ask what we're having for dinner tomorrow...

They need to keep it so they can get their coaster count up to 20. It won't go anywhere until they hit that number.

By that logic Wildcat would still be in the park.

Guess it's not getting shipped to Cali yet

Did I miss a rumor that Wicked Twister was going to get moved to one of the California parks???

On CGA's "20-year plan" they released publicly a while ago, it included a picture of an Intamin impulse. People starting speculating that Cedar Fair would send Wicked Twister to CGA. The plan also included a B&M Hyper and a Vekoma family suspended coaster.

People should take those types of 20-year plans as just examples for new ride types the park wants to invest in and not necessarily what they will get. I mean, the plan in question never included an RMC Raptor, yet here we are.

They need to keep it so they can get their coaster count up to 20. It won't go anywhere until they hit that number.

Wildcat closed in 2011. The park is much closer to the magical 20 number now. Valravn and Gatekepper didn't exist at that point in time.

Wildcat closed in 2011. The park is much closer to the magical 20 number now. Valravn and Gatekepper didn't exist at that point in time.

But if Wildcat never closed they would be even closer to the magical 20 number now.

-----------------------------------------------------

Guess it's not getting shipped to Cali yet

Did I miss a rumor that Wicked Twister was going to get moved to one of the California parks???

There was a rumor in January of 2017 that Wicked Twister was going to be going to Great America.

With this photo referenced:

15895607_1640380646256292_4709162476197874416_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=63977a9e0eabddbb46885f4da075ec86&oe=5B51BCF5

And for some reason people thought it meant Wicked Twister was moving. . . . idk.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

If you consider GateKeeper as a replacement for Disaster Transport, Valraven as a replacement of Wild Cat, and obviously Steel Vengeance as a replacement of Mean Streak (Do I really need to mention Mantis..) there has been a zero net gain of coasters at CP since Maverick in 2007. Dont get me wrong, there has been an improvement, a VAST improvement but a zero net gain of coasters. Not complaining I just think thats an interesting fact when adding up how many coasters CP has.

Meanwhile, here is a pretty cool video showcasing Mean Streak's POV re-timed to Steel Vengeance pacing:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Cedar Point posted an update on Steel Vengeance a little while ago. They are offering refunds to guests who purchased FL+ in advance, with the intention of using it on Steel Vengeance.

We have an update on the operation of Steel Vengeance.

Right now, Steel Vengeance will be running with one train while the manufacturer, Rocky Mountain Construction, makes adjustments to the ride.

Because wait times for Steel Vengeance will be longer than normal, and to permit as many guests to ride as possible, we may institute a timed “boarding pass” that gives you a time to return to get into the regular line. Note that this is not for immediate access – it only gives you a time to enter the line.

Going forward, if we implement boarding passes, we will notify you on our official Twitter, including the time they will be distributed. Boarding passes must be obtained near the ride entrance and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Also, for now, we’ve removed Steel Vengeance from Fast Lane Plus. Keep in mind that you can still use Fast Lane Plus at many other attractions at the park, including Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster, GateKeeper and Valravn.

However, if you purchased Fast Lane Plus in advance of your visit and have decided you no longer wish to use it, you may stop at any admission window prior to getting your wristband to receive a refund on your Fast Lane Plus purchase.

We will keep you updated once we receive further details from the manufacturer.

Link

Good to see they are keeping people updated. We bought 3 of those combo tickets around the holidays for around $140 each that included fast lane plus and was planning to go the week after memorial day. Hopefully things are straightened out by then or will have to re-think the trip.

I remember in the 2015 season, Wicked Twister took like two extra weeks to open... maybe they do their off-season rehabs in alphabetical order? Haha.

Re: SteelVeng... Hopefully it's just a programming / sensor issue that can be resolved relatively quickly.

Good to see they are keeping people updated. We bought 3 of those combo tickets around the holidays for around $140 each that included fast lane plus and was planning to go the week after memorial day. Hopefully things are straightened out by then or will have to re-think the trip.

Finger crossed that they would have it all sorted out by then. But who knows. I am glad they are keeping us informed and being as transparent as possible. Greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ We'll see, I think it's only going to rain in the morning on Sunday. Mother's day is usually a pretty light day anyway, add to it the 90% chance of rain and somewhat chilly temperatures and it could be a GREAT day because the park will most likely be completely dead. Maybe I can ride SV a few times without getting off