TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Everyone needs to move on from the Fast Lane debate. This debate gets heated once or twice a year and we just don't need it.

TPR supports Fast Lane, Fast Lane Plus, and nearly all the 'skip the line' systems paid or free. If you don't, great!

Let it go!

Move on!

Did part of Steel Vengeance fall off the other day!?!?

Sorry to change the subject. Saw some new advertising from Cedar Fair I haven't seen before. Taking the Six Flags Coke can idea. This was in Indianapolis, 4 and a half hours from CP and MA, 2 hours from KI.

IMG_20180509_124842.thumb.jpg.24018d7b56fc45374db927c1a821864d.jpg

IMG_20180509_124834.thumb.jpg.0f0eadb1991dae8fc10b893f998a82b3.jpg

Everyone needs to move on from the Fast Lane debate. This debate gets heated once or twice a year and we just don't need it.

TPR supports Fast Lane, Fast Lane Plus, and nearly all the 'skip the line' systems paid or free. If you don't, great!

Let it go!

Move on!

I saw a set of 4 pictures showing something being launched off a train, but in the replies someone said it was velcro padding.

from that twitter

DILinator, I apologize. That part of my post was uncalled for.

Thank you, I appreciate the apology! Believe me, I'm not trying to pee in anybody's corn flakes here!

Bruh, some of us are eating here.

Let it go!

Move on!

I saw a set of 4 pictures showing something being launched off a train, but in the replies someone said it was velcro padding.

from that twitter

Rubbing is racing boys... It is not a real crazy ride until you get a little fender damaged...

^I get what you're saying, but waiting at amusement parks isn't our thing. If 30-60 minute waits were the norm with no skip the line option then I'd move on from this hobby. For me, I would rather wait 5 minutes and pay marginally more money to spend the other 25 minutes enjoying the atmosphere. It's not fun to stand elbow to elbow with people for me. True, that's the amusement park experience I grew up with, but in my adult life that's not the experience I desire to have anymore. To be honest, if the cost of a FL+ brings the lines down from 15 minutes to 5 it's still worth it to us. We work hard to play hard in the summer. The only way we won't get it FL+is if we show up and it's a ghost town for whatever reason. It's not about marathoning rides for us. It's about maximizing enjoyment outside of the queue and not feeling rushed or goal oriented. To each his own, I guess.

To call the FL upgrade only "marginally" more, isn't quite accurate, at least according to what that word means. And that's the reason I'll likely never get FL. If it were only a marginal extra cost, I could see myself using it on days where lines get longer. But at minimum, on its cheapest days, at nearly double the cost of admission, it's a HUGE extra cost, not a marginal one. Yes, again, if you were coming one time a year, from a great distance, during the busy season, for only one day I could see that being "worth it", and something you should budget for to get the best Cedar Point experience. But during a May weekday, trimming your wait on only a few of the most popular coasters, just 25 minutes, does seem like a "waste" to me, at least given my pauper's budget. So when I advise people, and they ask if it's worth it, I'm always going to say "no" during this time, assuming they are looking to save money where they can, and are willing to wait what I consider a reasonable amount of time, for only a few coasters, while saving no time on most of them.

Again, that's my perspective, and you're certainly welcome to FL+ it to your heart's content. I'm just providing people with a different viewpoint, if they're more cost-conscious like me.

EDITED: Because my intention was not to insult, offend, or upset anybody with my choice of language.

Marginally was a bad choice of words, you're right. To put it more into context, I was encompassing the cost of FL+ into the expenses of each trip. I respect your opinion and I didn't mean to start an argument with you. Especially one that's been had over and over on coaster sites! haha. I think we just have a difference of opinion and priorities, which is perfectly fine.

On another note... The last few comments about SV, starting with Boldikus, have made me actually LOL.

Steel Vengeance is nice and all, but what's the early word on 2019?

Seeing as CP just got a huge new coaster (and work on Carowinds' new coaster is well underway), I'm guessing something smaller? Maybe an area renovation/re-purposing? Looks like people seem to think something with the old stadium and Wicked Twister area? The newspaper surprisingly hasn't leaked any info yet.

DirkFunk mentioned the foodtrucks in his post the other day; I couldn't find any listing on the CP site of who/what's there to offer. Can anyone chime in?

please, anything but the goddamn 2019+ and boat posts

DirkFunk mentioned the foodtrucks in his post the other day; I couldn't find any listing on the CP site of who/what's there to offer. Can anyone chime in?

I'd just keep an eye out here... I have a feeling once it gets closer they will post more details about it there.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Steel Vengeance is nice and all, but what's the early word on 2019?

Seeing as CP just got a huge new coaster (and work on Carowinds' new coaster is well underway), I'm guessing something smaller? Maybe an area renovation/re-purposing? Looks like people seem to think something with the old stadium and Wicked Twister area? The newspaper surprisingly hasn't leaked any info yet.

What is preventing you for asking about 2020 or 2021? Why stop at 2019? 2018 has only had opening weekend and it was rather..... interesting...

^^ Speculation always begins as soon as people see construction activity or indicator flags on trees, on the ground etc.

There is plenty of activity along the beach where Oceana Stadium once stood. There are white flags on the ground near Miners Creek???

It hard not to talk about it...