TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Holy mother of God... I've been watching all of the live v-logs and video clips from coaster groups on facebook. It's like a different version of The People of Walmart. Coaster Campout is my first enthusiast event and I'm going to really have to get a handle on my douchebaggery.

https://v637g.app.goo.gl/6yheZGSfiU6iyucC7

Jesus... RMC is having a rough go at opening these record breakers. GCI & B&M called and said "Told you so..." (joking)

Id be surprised if everyone wasn't OK. I see people take bamblance all the time, because they aren't used to being jostled like that or they're thinking about long term compensation which is extremely common.

The human body is durable. My fellow ice hockey players know this.

Either way, they have two weeks to fix this or I'll have to settle on terrible rides like MF and Maverick.

Well atleast I got a ride but I heard no one was hurt. That’s all that matters. On a sad side of things the lines through the park will go back to normal, without Valravn and TTD too. Just got off of Gatekeeper because it just opened and had no line.

I'm sure things will get ironed out. It's just opening day jitters.

Yeah, no.

Wicked Twister and Maxair not being ready for the season is opening day jitters. Rides opening and closing a lot with small mechanical issues is opening day jitters. Having 2 trains plow into eachother with riders on board on your brand new ride causing visible damage to the trains is not "just opening day jitters".

Having 2 coaster trains bump with riders on board on a beautiful sunny day is basically unheard of in modern times in the amusement industry. I'm sure they'll look into this further, but if it turns out that this wasn't operator error then this is pretty much unprecedented.

Edited by coasterbill

Yeah, no.

Wicked Twister and Maxair not being ready for the season is opening day jitters. Rides opening and closing a lot with small mechanical issues is opening day jitters. Having 2 trains plow into eachother with riders on board on your brand new ride causing visible damage to the trains and track is not "just opening day jitters".

Having 2 coaster trains bump with riders on board on a beautiful sunny day is basically unheard of in modern times in the amusement industry. I'm sure they'll look into this further, but if it turns out that this wasn't operator error then this is pretty much unprecedented.

I will be curious to see if this was operator error or if it was something mechanical. Like I said prior was this the first time they ran three trains while trying to do full operations with lines of 5 hours.

I will be at CP two weeks from today. I get late Saturday through Tuesday. I was really looking for to Tuesday night and the ERT for SV because I am platinum. Just hoping that they get things figured out by then and that no one was hurt today.

Yeah, no.

Wicked Twister and Maxair not being ready for the season is opening day jitters. Rides opening and closing a lot with small mechanical issues is opening day jitters. Having 2 trains plow into eachother with riders on board on your brand new ride causing visible damage to the trains and track is not "just opening day jitters".

I will be curious to see if this was operator error or if it was something mechanical. Like I said prior was this the first time they ran three trains while trying to do full operations with lines of 5 hours.

I will be at CP two weeks from today. I get late Saturday through Tuesday. I was really looking for to Tuesday night and the ERT for SV because I am platinum. Just hoping that they get things figured out by then and that no one was hurt today.

I know Twisted Timbers was having sensor issues on the brake run, wouldn't be surprised if there is a somewhat similar situation here.

Edited by bf9

The park has been terrible today, honestly. Almost all coasters have been closed and so many food locations are closed. Disappointed that I chose to go today.

They are never fully staffed, and they are always finishing new hire training on every opening day. That's why they officially call this "preview weekend"

I have a friend there that was in the station waiting when it happened. He says that the train in the station got hit by the incoming train at speeds of 5-10 mph. There was damage to both trains and the track. It hit at such force, that it pushed the train in the station up about 4 feet.

The line was emptied out, and ems was called. He did not see any serious injuries. Staff is telling people that the ride is closed indefinitely.

Not looking good! I'm glad there was no serious injuries, and hope they can get the ride back up and running soon.

Was there really damage to the trains and track?
I have a tough time believing the track, itself is damaged. Maybe something with the breaks. I can believe the train my be impacted. Imagine they get this figured but they can't operate 2 of the 3 trains.

Yeah, no.

That’s fair and I stand corrected.

I'd like to correct my last post, I was mistaken, this is the company I was referring to that was working on brakes/sensors and similar things and they do in fact have experience, although they appear to have worked on Twisted Timbers also...probably very similar issues with the break run.

http://irvineondrey.com/

Edited by bf9