TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Wow - I just read 25 pages of CP thread to catch up on all the hootenanny. Now my eyes hurt.

I'm a bit late to the discussion but we hit the Tuesday passholder preview after the 3.5 hour drive from the Detroit metro area. My work colleagues think I'm crazy for doing it to get 1 ride, but I'm convinced I'm not.

Steel Vengeance is insane. The only thing I didn't like is that all the air time cause my T-shirt to ride up my back. Problem to be solved with a tighter fitting T so you can see all my curves . I also stapled myself in a bit tight going up the hill - lesson learned. Here's our reaction/commentary.

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fcindie.sassons%2Fvideos%2F10156305375579860%2F&show_text=0&width=560

We bought a couple of T-shirts for my wife and daughter to commemorate the occasion. Yesterday my daughter pointed out something odd with her T-shirt. Is there something CP is not telling us? Should we start the the rumours now?

20180504_202553.thumb.jpg.f442e0a434d703ccde8f4b2c32ea6e34.jpg

Something not quite right with this new CP T-shirt

Anyway - have fun with the wait time today people. I am shooting for a visit late May or early June for my next visit this season.

If this morning is any indication I can't wait for Valravn and Gatekeeper early entry rides this year. You probably won't even have to get off of the train. That stampede to Steel Vengeance was some "Lion King" level sh*t.
Millenium Force may fall into the category as well. A coaster that won the golden ticket 15 straight years is now a compete after thought...

Let's not get crazy.

Not only is Millennium Force an insanely popular ride but it also has a lower height requirement than every other early entry coaster by quite a bit. I fully expect Millennium Force to do more riders than any other coaster in the park again this year, and I really don't think it'll be close.

PS:

Untitled.jpg.b6eda7c2d0f3b44774aa861d602bd2b6.jpg

Flight of Passage, Hold my Beer

If this morning is any indication I can't wait for Valravn and Gatekeeper early entry rides this year. You probably won't even have to get off of the train. That stampede to Steel Vengeance was some "Lion King" level sh*t.
Millenium Force may fall into the category as well. A coaster that won the golden ticket 15 straight years is now a compete after thought...

The Fun TVs are showing all the wait times around the park and everything is 0 besides Maverick lol.

We bought a couple of T-shirts for my wife and daughter to commemorate the occasion. Yesterday my daughter pointed out something odd with her T-shirt. Is there something CP is not telling us? Should we start the the rumours now

No. It looks like the Valravyn photo had software issues and the computer substituted "Adventure" instead. Or someone forgot to upload it. A bunch of shirts must have got printed before the mistake was realized!

We bought a couple of T-shirts for my wife and daughter to commemorate the occasion. Yesterday my daughter pointed out something odd with her T-shirt. Is there something CP is not telling us? Should we start the the rumours now

No. It looks like the Valravyn photo had software issues and the computer substituted "Adventure" instead. Or someone forgot to upload it. A bunch of shirts must have got printed before the mistake was realized!

likely means absolutely nothing, and this particular shirt just reflects some of the great coasters at CP.

note: also missing are Corkscrew, Gemini, Iron Dragon, and Wicked Twister (among the "big" coasters) - and if they had any plans to yank WT, they really would have done it prior to doing the Boardwalk around it I'd think

Like half of the rides have been closed today. The rides that are open have a pretty long wait. Does anybody know what’s going on?
Steel Vengeance. Cedar Point figured that everyone was coming for that ride, why open up everything else. Save $$$$ and everyone is happy with their 2 rides on SV....

PS:

[attachment=0]Untitled.jpg[/attachment]

Where are you spotting those wait time postings? I see that info bar on the park app, but only with the Fast Lane details & the "Thrill Level" -- not the wait times.

**Answered my own question; I have to be in the park!

**Answered my own question; I have to be in the park!

There are ways to see it without being in the park.

Any chance you could explain how to do so? I love that Dollywood’s app shows wait times without needing to be in the park so would love to see CP’s wait times as well!

^ Yep, I'm curious, too. "Wait times will show when you're in the park" is all I'm getting, and I haven't found anything about current wait times on the main website or any other so far.

SV is closed for the rest of the day. Some have been waiting for over 5 hours. Things at guest services are going to get ugly. Quick. One person went out on an ambulance according to Twitter