TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

RMC just posted this video of Fred riding on their Facebook. I love watching him and Alan ride these things.

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

The guy next to Fred: *Tries to relax at the MCBR* *Can't because it trucked right into the second half* "Oh my and were at it again!"

I hope running three trains wont cause a big slow down on the MCBR, but regardless this ride seems absolutely insane! I wish I didn't have studying and finals next week, other wise I would've tried to come out sooner!

This, if you dont know, is Marcus Leshock. He's a local Chicago Reporter and a known coaster enthusiast. They send him down to all the media days in parks in the region and he’s been as far as Silver Dollar City, Kings Dominion, Dollywood, Cedar Point for Valravn, BGT etc. and always does a short for media day, even though he’s only a local reporter. I’m not even from Chicago and I follow him because I quite enjoy the coaster stuff he does and shares (and because he keeps everything pretty non-political, which is a nice relief. Nearly everything he puts out is positive.)

Anyway, I can’t believe his reactions to Steel Vengenence. He’s always geeky and makes the newcasters laugh but I’ve never seen facial expressions quite like this from him before. Just look at his EYES!!! They look so messed up! And look at the way how EVERYONE gets THROWN around in the last series of bunny hops into the brake run. That just looks brutal!

Wow, this guy is awesome. Love his reactions to his first time riding.

I'm speechless. I'm quaking. I'm quivering. I'm SHOOK. I mean, we all knew SV was going to be a beast and be awesome, BUT COME ON. THAT SUCKER SHOULD BE I L L E G A L ! Cedar Point might as well not even open the other rides when the park open for the season because everyone will be skipping past everything else and going straight for SV! The damn line will stretch from the coaster to the entrance LOL!! I think we can all agree that those MCBR's are just there for decoration LOL! Those trains didn't even touch those brakes! The speed through the second half is relentless. Just by looking at all the videos, SV could be the best RMC ever THUS FAR. There's no telling what RMC will come up with in the future. At this rate, RMC is unstoppable. How they'll ever top this....we'll only have to wait and see. UGHHHHH IT'S PERFECTLY PERFECTED PERFECTION!

I'm speechless. I'm quaking. I'm quivering. I'm SHOOK. I mean, we all knew SV was going to be a beast and be awesome, BUT COME ON. THAT SUCKER SHOULD BE I L L E G A L ! Cedar Point might as well not even open the other rides when the park open for the season because everyone will be skipping past everything else and going straight for SV! The damn line will stretch from the coaster to the entrance LOL!! I think we can all agree that those MCBR's are just there for decoration LOL! Those trains didn't even touch those brakes! The speed through the second half is relentless. Just by looking at all the videos, SV could be the best RMC ever THUS FAR. There's no telling what RMC will come up with in the future. At this rate, RMC is unstoppable. How they'll ever top this....we'll only have to wait and see. UGHHHHH IT'S PERFECTLY PERFECTED PERFECTION!

This PERFECTLY sums up my thoughts after watching the video! Lol!

Our ridercam turned out GREAT! I'll post it on Friday so it doesn't cannibalize the other video we currently have up, but let's just say there is a wonderful amount of "hairtime" displayed in it which perfectly shows just how insane the airtime is!

hairtime.thumb.jpg.5c4af283b32a4078460e74fc011eed19.jpg

I liked this photo I took today. The weather really made for taking decent photos pretty difficult though. Between the layer of mist all day and the brightness in the clouds overhead most photos just looked sort of blown out... This one turned out okay, though...

sv_inversion.thumb.jpg.10f2339e72210a08dc797287a71269d3.jpg

[twitter]

[/twitter]
My favorite part of this photo is that the Floridian is rocking a T shirt on a crappy Sandusky morning in April on Lake Erie and the guys who work in northern Idaho are wearing heavy jackets. Theme Park Review goes hard.

I thought the EXACT same thing.

You can see Alan taking a ride in this video (row behind)

Good find. Alan always looks like he's having a blast, so awesome. That other dude is truly terrified, he's fun to watch LMAO.

It's always fun to see a blend of seasoned & terrified riders on the same train! It's not totally unusual to see rider-facing POVs, but I've noticed so many more this year just with Wicker Man, Twisted Timbers, and now Steel Vengeance. They're all pretty fun to watch!

I've loved the coverage from throughout the day, and there's not much more I can add other than to repeat that this coaster looks outstanding.

Here's our rider cam from today. I decided to post it on FB and Twitter (so please SHARE if you follow us on those socials) and I'll post it to YouTube on Friday! Enjoy... VOLUME UP!!!

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]