TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

This, if you dont know, is Marcus Leshock. He's a local Chicago Reporter and a known coaster enthusiast. They send him down to all the media days in parks in the region and he’s been as far as Silver Dollar City, Kings Dominion, Dollywood, Cedar Point for Valravn, BGT etc. and always does a short for media day, even though he’s only a local reporter. I’m not even from Chicago and I follow him because I quite enjoy the coaster stuff he does and shares (and because he keeps everything pretty non-political, which is a nice relief. Nearly everything he puts out is positive.)

Anyway, I can’t believe his reactions to Steel Vengenence. He’s always geeky and makes the newcasters laugh but I’ve never seen facial expressions quite like this from him before. Just look at his EYES!!! They look so messed up! And look at the way how EVERYONE gets THROWN around in the last series of bunny hops into the brake run. That just looks brutal!

This, if you dont know, is Marcus Leshock. He's a local Chicago Reporter and a known coaster enthusiast. They send him down to all the media days in parks in the region and he’s been as far as Silver Dollar City, Kings Dominion, Dollywood, Cedar Point for Valravn, BGT etc. and always does a short for media day, even though he’s only a local reporter. I’m not even from Chicago and I follow him because I quite enjoy the coaster stuff he does and shares (and because he keeps everything pretty non-political, which is a nice relief. Nearly everything he puts out is positive.)

Anyway, I can’t believe his reactions to Steel Vengenence. He’s always geeky and makes the newcasters laugh but I’ve never seen facial expressions quite like this from him before. Just look at his EYES!!! They look so messed up! And look at the way how EVERYONE gets THROWN around in the last series of bunny hops into the brake run. That just looks brutal!

This dude the real MVP

So I gotta ask, what's the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo rule for this ride. I'm guessing no in-station cubbies so you need to rent one before getting in line?

Small items like keys, phones and wallets can go in a secured Velcro, buttoned or zippered pocket. Waist packs and basically everything larger must go in a locker.

https://www.facebook.com/WGNMorningNews/videos/1937454972933693/

"Get that man a cigarette!"

Thanks for the response. Secondly, if I'm forced to go any Saturday of the summeer, which would reasonably have the least amount of crowds of any Saturday... or basically, which parts of what months should I look at the most?

And here ya go...

Footage Courtesy of Cedar Point

among the BEST Birthday Prezzies I got today.

I'm like a prisoner in an old black and white film. . got my calendar on the wall, and XXX-ing out the days, until I get to ride this. End of July, hurry up!!!

I love how Cedar Point gets rid of one stand up coaster, and replaces it with another

Nice.

Anyway, looks like a neat little ride, can't wait to get on it. Actually, I'm going to start counting down the days: T-Minus 27 days!

You beat me to the quote That was a good one, haha.

Wow, it's just...massive. And so fast! I still can't figure out what exactly happens on the second half of the ride. Can't wait to visit Cedar Point!!!

I'm loving your updates on the socials this morning! Thanks for getting up at the a**crack of dawn to cover it for us.

[twitter]

[/twitter]

My favorite part of this photo is that the Floridian is rocking a T shirt on a crappy Sandusky morning in April on Lake Erie and the guys who work in northern Idaho are wearing heavy jackets. Theme Park Review goes hard.

^If you see Robb wearing long sleeves or a jacket you know it's pretty much below zero, snowing, or the apocalypse.

LOL. . I understand completely, I'm a "shorts for life" kinda guy myself

And here ya go...

Footage Courtesy of Cedar Point

Wow!!!! That is simply beautiful!!!

Holy crap. That thing is relentless all the way up to the brake run!!! Looks like another home run for Cedar Point!!

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

Wow this looks absolutely crazy. They now have the trifecta of “insane” coasters with this, Maverick, and Top Thrill Dragster all so close. I’m trying to head out to the park mid September so I can get a ride on this thing. One question for Robb or anyone there: What’s the Fast Lane situation? Is it like Millenium where there’s a merge point a bit back in the line or does it lead you right up to the station? Either way, I hope to get some serious rerides on a Sunday during halloweekends.

WOW. That video And the video of the newscaster riding it

I'm so hyped right now. Robb's coverage just made me even more excited! If he says it's the best RMC... man, anything better than Lightning Rod is going to be great! Friday can't come soon enough! Hoping the rain lets up for us.